This was without a doubt one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. First, it should be noted that the hotel was probably experiencing one of its worst weekends but their handling of the situation just killed it for me.
1. We arrived at a little before 4pm on Sunday afternoon. Check-in was at 3. We were informed that our room was not quite ready and would we be willing to wait 30 minutes. No problem. We made ourselves comfortable in the lobby.
2. One hour later as I wait in line at the front desk to inquire about the wait for my room, I overhear the front desk staff member tell another customer that there was no hot water. Hmmmm, what is this? Turns out there was a main break that flooded their first floor and caused the hot water pressure to plummet in effect leaving most people without hot water. Would have been nice to have been informed this when I first approached the front desk and not to overhear this piece of information. By the way, at this point I was told it would be another 15 minute wait.
3. After an hour and a half of waiting for a room that should have been ready 2 1/2 hours ago, I approach the front desk again. She tells me another 15 minute wait. She does tell me there is a non-Harborside room available, would I be interested? Yes, of course. At the non-Harborside rate though. At which point she tells me she can't give me a refund on the rate I already paid online so I'm going to have to continue to wait for a Harborside room.
4. I call the corporate office who calls the front desk who is then told that yes I can be given a refund so I don't have to pay a rate for a room I'm not receiving.
5. Finally get to a room somewhere near 6pm. But the fun isn't over yet. The fire alarm starts to go off. Mind you there is cleaning staff on our floor that seem to be hanging out there and clearly in no real hurry and they seem unconcerned and act as if this is totally normal. Call front desk who informs us there is no fire and to ignore the alarm. Alarm eventually goes off.
6. Finally leave to find dinner around 7 (there is still cleaning staff on the floor). TV doesn't work so we had to inform front staff about this hiccup as well on our way out.
7. And the finally bit of nonsense, the fire alarm went off again at 4am for a few minutes.
I suppose if any one or even just two of the above happened I could roll with it but it was one bad thing after the other and I guess what really served to inflame the situation was the complete lack of response from the staff. They apologized. I'll give them that. But after awhile you don't want to hear that there is nothing they can do about it (about anything) and you want to hear that there is someone working there with even a modicum of responsibility who is attempting to do something about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our unique downtown Kenosha, Wisconsin hotel is ideally located on the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan between Milwaukee and Chicago. Harborside Inn and Kenosha Conference Center is ideal for family adventures, romantic getaways and business travels alike. Harborside Inn and Kenosha Conference Center is Kenosha's only lakefront hotel and is conveniently located to several Kenosha attractions and businesses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Harborside Inn And Kenosha Conference Center
- Best Western Harborside Inn & Kenosha Hotel Kenosha
- Best Western Kenosha
- Kenosha Best Western