“hotel stay”

Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel is not very fancy but the view is awesome and being in downtown Kenosha, there are quite a few places to eat and/or have a couple of cocktails. The walk along the lake is very pretty. They are renovating (it's been at least 3 years) but at least they're trying to improve. The free breakfast is okay - not just pastries and toast, real food but average. The staff is always very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Older hotel and under renovation so not all rooms are available. Staff is helpful, rooms are clean and if you can get it, the Barbour side rooms have a beautiful view. Walking distance to downtown and nice restaurants.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Anna D
BWYvetteAGM, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us during our renovations. We hope to see you again once our renovations are completed.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I agree with an earlier post. A room cost us 150.00 and its only worth 50.00. The saving grace of this hotel is its location. The harbor was pretty and we walked around the area and discovered a rather large park/beach area. Had we not found this beach we would have checked out quicker than we checked in.

The hotel is under renovation-wish they would say the pool and hot tub are closed online. We didn't know until we checked in, and we were looking forward to the hot tub after a long of exploring.

The lobby was sparse and needed a real good cleaning. There is no excuse for cleanliness even during construction. The luggage carts need to be replaced and are hard to maneuver. Which really gets aggravating, with no sliding doors and then you go past the front desk to take the elevator to the first floor and realize it only goes up to the third floor. Back to the desk where I waited about 4 min while the clerk talked to another employee. Um Hello I just paid 150.00 and I cant get to my room. Turns out you have to take the elevator to the 3rd floor hang a right, go down the hall and take another elevator to the 1st floor. Thank goodness we got a newly renovated room (with a view of construction debris)

Bathroom is sooo small, I had to step out to put my clothes on. The sink has no room for any toiletries. The faucet in the bathtub is ready to come off the wall. Water pressure was non existant in the shower. I would have hated to see this room before the renovations.

The mattress was comfortable and the furniture and bedding modern(but cheap)-but it stops there. You just can't polish a turd. Bad paint job, bad repairs and worse maid service. There were handprints on the headboard and candy on the floor. Wanted to call the front desk but the phone from 1984 was sticky so I went down. Not a clerk in sight. Time for a glass of wine or 3.

Mind you were we there on a Saturday, no construction workers were working but the hallways were still filthy as well as the lobby and side entrance. Possibly they can use my room fee for a vacuum. I attached a picture of the hall in the front of my room, which I took when left...the hotel just kept getting worse the more we were there.

In the morning the breakfast area was, unkept and messy and the cupboards were dirty. The picture of the cupboard I actually took the night before when getting coffee and it was still like that in the morning. Needless to say we didn't eat there.

Check-in and check out service left a lot to be desired. I got the feeling they hear the same complaints over and over and mine feel on deaf ears. I have stayed in hotels and had experiences as bad if not worse than these and still rated the hotels higher based solely on customer service.

Overall the room is small and bathroom smaller. Room and common areas dirty. Outside was a mess and full of unsightly spiderwebs full of bugs. The renovations are just poor quality and attention to detail really makes a difference. If you are looking for a view this place is for you. If you are looking for a clean quiet nights sleep, a refreshing shower, a clean hotel or good customer service- I advise going anywhere else but here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iwanttoseeamerica

I sincerely apologize about your experience with us. We strive to deliver outstanding customer service from time of check in until your departure with continuous training in all departments I am sorry we "dropped the ball". I do hope that you give us a second chance in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

great area for shops , antiques, bars, and pubs and downtown very unique Hotel great location bike riding , fishing at harbor, great bars and shoppong local walking distance Wisconsons like there beer and brats and cheese

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with and it sounds like you took in a lot of what the Kenosha lakefront has to offer. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Hotel was suggested to me by a couple of people familiar with Kenosha. It's a nice convenient place to stay downtown, right on harbor, places to walk, several smaller restaurants, taverns, shops. Facility is nice but older place, but rooms seem to be kept up and upgraded. 1st floor rooms are quite large and brand new, but more $$$ and can't see the waterfront area as well. Must have harbor view room! Was there 3 different weeks in August/September. Pool and exercise room were closed due to renovations, but can't say I had the time or interest to do either. Besides, the harbor and park area is too nice not to get out and take nice long walks. Free breakfast is good, just enough to get you going in the morning. When I go back to Kenosha, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We look forward to your return trip. Renovations are still going on. (we have a large facility and 10,000 square feet of conference space to renovate but the end result will be amazing.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I love the harbour view. I love that the harbour is finally coming back slowly. They have great but limited restaurants. The little shopps downtown are nice. In close proximaty of three museums turned out to be handy. I will keep coming back for the lake view.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rita h

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you back in Kenosha soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

The hotel was undergoing massive renovations, but the view from our room overlooking the Kenosha harbor and marina was spectacular. The complementary breakfast was plentiful and provided a large variety of food. Our room, booked on-line, was well worth the price. The hotel also is convenient to a large number of restaurants and coffee shops. You can rent a bike and ride around the harbor.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the harbor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

So glad to hear to took advantage of all the lake front has to offer. The bike rental is new for us this year and it has been a hit with our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Best Western Executive Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside? Share your experiences!