“Kenosha Best Western”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Johnson City
“Kenosha Best Western”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Hotel is under renovation. Staff is very helpful. The rooms are very nice but expect old type TV. Breakfast is typical for US breakfasts in Best Western. Nothing compares to breakfasts at Best Western in Europe.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I booked this through priceline, and this may be way there was issue, but how it was handled by the hotel staff, is all on them.
I stay in Kensoha at least once a month and upon a recommendation from a friend, decided to give this hotel a try. This was a little more money than my "regular" place, but willing to pay more if I believe it is warranted. Customer service is an important part of any hotel stay, and this is surely lacking. My original reservation was booked for 2 nights through priceline and since there was a snow storm, I decided I was going to use the 2nd night. I called the hotel and told them and they suggested I call and get a refund for the 1st thru PL, which I did. Here starts my issue. Although I had a itinerary # through Priceline, for check in, when I went to check in, my name appeared wrong. My first name is Kathleen, which was changed to Jennifer?. My last name was simply shortened, but the same. This totally threw off the front desk person, "Jasmine." Unsure how this transpired, but on my receipt my name is correct. The confirmation was the same, but the front desk could not get past the fact the name differed. I had just drove 6.5 hours, and was tired, and just wanted to get to my room. They had my money, and was going to get my credit card also, so lets get the client into her room! She looked at several different things on the computer and hard copies, for many minutes before deciding to call priceline. Priceline's call center must be in India, and the front desk seemed intent on scolding them, when she has no idea if indeed it was them which changed my name from Kathleen to Jennifer or someone from the hotel who may have did that. Meanwhile I stood there, and sat there, listening to this go on for 25 minutes.
Irony not lost on me, that she is providing horrendous customer service to the end user, me. She finally let me check in and offered a free bottle of water. Needless to say, I don't think I will go back there if this is how they handle mishaps. If she wanted to call priceline, do so after the customer has checked in. Although the location is better suited for my travel needs to Kenosha, the less than smooth check in process will keep me away. Room was clean, but VERY cold, and I had to call for extra blankets. The heating until although displayed 90 degrees which I set it to, it felt no more than 65 through the entire night,, which was a little chilly for my January evening stay. I would also add the way the hotel is laid out is odd also. Had to access a staircase first, to get to the elevator. If I had more than an overnight bag, that could had been problematic.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank KMSMTWINCITIES

Travellers are raving about these Kenosha hotels

Bayfield, WI.
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The renovation has been going on for....??? ever! the hot tub was out of order, room was freezing cold even with heat cranked to 90, no Wi-Fi,..unless you sit on the toilet, and even then sketchy at best. This place is not what is portrayed on website. Old school 19' tube TV, breakfast was late then slow to be displayed. This place should be more at the 50-60$ night price point, at least until they get there stuff together.

Room Tip: Stay at the Country Inn & Suites out by I94 & Hwy50
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Auburndale, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

The staff were universally friendly. Gloria even offered to help with my luggage! I arrived late at night, and she made the decision to move my room to the renovated section of the hotel. What a treat! I felt more like I was in a 5 star hotel in a big city than in Kenosha. My experience at this hotel has opened my mind to staying in Best Westerns even when there are plenty of other options!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 December 2013

the hotel is not worth 112$ per night. It is old and needs many up grades. Rooms were smelly and not very clean. No wifi available in room, only in common areas. Hot tub only warm. Would not stay again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AJMO1234
milwaukee, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2013

renovated room was nice with flat screen TV.Breakfast was great , including different hot items each morning! Walking distance to many eateries and bars made the stay very enjoyable. Try Vin de Carlo restaurant across the street for dinner!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

2 Thank Kevin C
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 December 2013

14th annual sisters holiday shopping at outlet mall and we keep coming back here. The only hotel in this area on Lake Michigan's beautiful bay. Walking distance to good restaurants and bars. Safe neighborhood. Close to big sandy beach. New owners put in nice, new exercise room. Unfortunately, after long, cold day of shopping, hot tub was out of service. Slow tub drain.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWYvetteAGM, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Yes the hotel is under renovations and we are so excited for all the changes that have been made such as the addition of a fitness center but do apologize if the hot tub was out of service during your stay. We do look forward to your return stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside? Share your experiences!