“No Complaints”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Ames, Iowa
“No Complaints”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Stayed a Friday night - 2 queen suite, 2 tv's nice room. Checked for bugs - none. Had our 10 lb little dog with us, so really worried about junk on floor, and there was "something" under one of the beds that our kids say the dog ate, however, no way to know what that was! No dirt or food in corners. Bathroom clean: no mold, no dirt, no hairs, which leads me to believe that housekeeping is doing a great job, other than whatever was under the one bed. The beds were open under the boxspring and were not blocked or on a solid platform, so that is good that the carpet can get thoroughly vacuumed and it's bad, because as we experienced, stuff can get left under there. Room did not smell and the heater worked great.

Pool was small, capacity was 25, but only our kids swam and it was clean; however, the walls were very rusted, likely from all the splashing and the venting system did not seem to work well. No mold seen, but - clearly there was water damage as the pool area was small, the walls were close to the water. Towels neat and clean as well as the chairs.

Breakfast was nice too. Good variety, clean and well stocked.

Parking felt safe. Check in and check out -- fine.

Overall, no complaints other than the outside entrance doors did not lock, meaning that anyone could just walk into the building. Hopefully, that never happens and people close/lock their doors.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kiel, WI
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My husband and 3 small children (all under 5) stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The suite was large; there was a separate seating area when entering the room which included the fridge, microwave, tv, wet bar, desk, a couch and small table; the sleeping area included 2 beds, tv, and long dresser; the bathroom was a decent size (but caulking and wallpaper were done poorly) and the sink was just outside the bathroom, which we liked.
The pool area was okay, but floor was a little dirty the first time we used it and it smelled strongly of chlorine that really bothered DH. The breakfast had a good variety of hot and cold items (cereal, donuts, yogurt, eggs- hardboiled and scrambled, sausage, french toast, bagels, biscuits and gravy, waffles).
I liked to location of this hotel. It was right off the interstate and close to a number of restaurants, shopping (outlets and Gurnee mills just 10 miles away).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Lake Geneva, WI
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I recently stayed here for New Year's and it was a huge let down! The staff member that checked me in was very helpful and friendly, but once her shift was over, it was a different story. The room was dingy and the bathroom was dirty with broken tiles. When I went to unfold the sofa bed, there weren't any sheets on the 3 inches thick mattress and there was a HUGE blood stain on the mattress. There wasn't any bedding for it at all in the entire room. When I called for extra pillows for it, they told me they didn't have any. When I also asked for extra bath towels (we had 3, there were 5 of us in the room) they said they didn't have any of those either. There was even dog poop under the sofa bed! And we weren't traveling with any dogs! The pool was less then to be desired as well....peeling paint on tiles and broken tiles everywhere and the pool water was so cloudy you couldn't see your feet. The free breakfast wasn't even that good, but that was this hotels one redeeming factor. Needless to say, we will never stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Kenosha hotels

Reviewed 26 November 2012 via mobile

Yes, this was the one word my daughter cried out as we unfolded the pull out bed to find a fully multiple stained mattress. It was seriously gross. Needless to say, my wife graciously slept on the couch so that my daughter wouldn't have to.

Upon checking in I was asked for ID and a credit card. After handing the front desk attendant the ID and credit card I asked if we could get a third floor room as we have young kids and we wanted a quiet room. She then decided to lecture me on how I should tell her this prior to handing her my credit card. I responded with "sorry to inconvenience you." She then went on to reach over the counter and massage the top of my 4 year olds head, creepy!!!

The room has maple space and besides the mattress seemed fairly clean. The bathroom light broke so we could not see.

Now to the pool . . . The pool is super cloudy and doesn't seem to be regulated almost like there is too much chlorine. We did not let our kids swim in fear of this. There is also a massive humidity problem as the door way is rusting in the pool area, the dry wall is cracking etc. the fitness center is under renovation and was closes; although I called prior to our trip to ask about the fitness center and this was not mentioned. Perhaps with the renovation this will be taken care of.

Some positives, the breakfast was solid and the remaining staff wee friendly. In summary, spacious but not well maintained. We cancelled our second evening and stayed at the Holiday Inn for 20 dollars more. Brand new hotel, great pool and fitness center with flat screens and in a better location. Worth every penny.

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Joe J
Waupaca, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Well, to start off with, this was my second time staying there. My first wasn't to great, so I thought I'd give it another try. While I was trying to make my reservation online, I had a few questions, I called and wanted to speak with the manager, each time I called he/she was never in. So I left some messages, quite a few actually, I NEVER got a phone call back!! Each time I stayed there, the pool is literally FREEZING cold, and the hot tub is like a luke warm bath. The rooms had a nice set up, the lobby was spacious and nice looking, fireplace and a flat screen T.V. There's also a little room with things you can buy, such as candy, advil, popcorn, chips, etc. I thought that was neat. The girl that checked me in was friendly. The breakfast could have been better, it seemed as if it was sitting out all morning. Another thing that I was upset about, my shower curtain rod in the bathroom was broken! I couldn't shut the curtain - therefore I got water all over the bathroom! The hallways had air conditioning, which was nice being up on third floor, but it was a tad bit chilly, especially after leaving the freezing pool. I was not only upset with the fact the manager of the hotel never got back to me, but all these other reasons, I'm probably not going to come back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2012

The hotel has possibilities. First floor guest rooms have very high ceilings and room layout is unique. However there are so many maintenance and service issues that it's really not great. Upon arrival staff wasn't too friendly and they were never seen at the desk for the remainder of the stay.

Sofa bed was unusable and full of crackers. Caulk had come off all over bathroom so that even shower control was hanging off wall. Plumbing or something was rattling in the wall at night.

With all that being said, the room was clean and it was near where we needed to be. It wouldn't take much to turn it around but if let go it probably won't be acceptable for long. Here is hoping that they see what needs to be done and do it!

• Stayed August 2012
Berlin, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 August 2012

When booking a suite, I thought you would get something better than this. The so called living room was really hot, has ceiling fan but only one speed. Air conditioning only worked on high in the bedroom, so you either froze or were hot. Mold in bathroom, also water was coming on the floor thru the wall from upstairs. Bedspreads were stained, couch was stained, freezer didn't keep things froze. Housekeeping didn't replace towels. The only plus was the so called hot breakfast. It was only slightly warm and that was at 6:00 in the morning when they are supposed to start the breakfast. you get eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, yogurt, coffee, juice. Really not worth the money for this suite. Have paid much less for alot more.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Best Western Executive Inn
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie K...
#3 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!