Comfort Inn & Suites
HIExpress.com
US$74
US$64
US$76
All reviewsthe breakfast arearoom was cleanexceptional customer servicemake your own wafflesceiling fanwould definitely stay here againgreat roomnice breakfastrestaurants and shoppingpleasant stayfree breakfastcleaning stafftvjets
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My nephew got married on 5/25/13. I reserved my room 3weeks in advance the young lady on the phone was very nice and polite but, forgot to e-mail me my confirmation letter for the hotel.
I was really happy with our room it was clean and smelled good. You can tell the pool area needs a little work done to it the paint is peeling and it was a little mold up on ceilling. If they would just closed it down and scrap all the peeling paint and bleached down the the walls for the mildew and mold and have more air circulating it would be fine. The breakfast was decent my daughters loved making their own waffles. The only problem we had was the sofa sleeper didn't have any sheets had everything else the covers and pillows. I called down to housekeepingand asked them to bring up a set of sheets. Housekeeping Brought the sheets with in 4 minutes very impressive. We had a great time!!! will be coming back!!!

Room Tip: when i travel i always tell the service rep. before i get their if my room is not cleaned properly i will be requesting another room or I will leave your hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stay in hotels for work and leisure 30+ nights a year and this was our first time at this hotel. Lobby was clean and inviting. Front desk person was nice and personable. Our rooms seemed clean. One of our lamps did not have a light bulb in it. There were no pillows for the pullout sofa bed. Where this hotel suffers most is the pool area. There is no other way to describe it other than disgusting. There was mold everywhere. The floors had mildew and anything metal was severely rusted. It made me wonder what else is wrong with this hotel that we have not noticed or can't see. In my previous career, I had experience dealing with Choice Hotel franchises and Marriott franchises. Every time I check into a hotel I try to notice who the owner is. I can't help but seem to notice that many hotels operated by an Indian owner seems to be subpar. I am sure there are Indian hotel operators that invest in their properties but I know many in Wisconsin do not and often cut corners to save money. That was evident with this hotel. The whirlpool was dirty and lukewarm at best (save money on energy). There was a box fan for circulation in the pool area (again, cut corners rather than invest in HVAC system). This is what we noticed in the first 2 hours of being here. Not sure what will happen with breakfast tomorrow. I know I may ruffle some feathers by singling out a particular ethnicity but all I can do is be upfront and honest about my experiences.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I took my girls to this area for a quick overnight during spring break just for a shopping get away. I called the hotel to make a reservation, and that went well. Friendly, and gave a small discount when I asked. We checked in, and then headed to the elevator. That was the first place we noticed it was dirty. The rugs were muddy, and a lot of cookie crumbs on the floor. Then we got off on our floor, and noticed quite a bit of rock and debri right outside of the elevator and through the hallway. As we walked to our room we could smell someone smoking, this is a non smoking hotel with signs everywhere. That was reported by a few people and taken care of eventually. Our room was a nice layout, but again it was dirty and worn out looking. The sitting area had an office chair that was ripped in a few places and had stickey stains on it. Disgusting! The bed sheets were torn in places, and just looked really old. When I brought things up to the front desk person in the morning, he was apologetic and blamed the housekeeping staff. When we left, there were 7 staff members sitting out front of the hotel smoking. Not a great way to represent their place of employment. We even took pictures of how dirty this place was. Hope they clean it up.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
1  Thank Katy P
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Stayed a Friday night - 2 queen suite, 2 tv's nice room. Checked for bugs - none. Had our 10 lb little dog with us, so really worried about junk on floor, and there was "something" under one of the beds that our kids say the dog ate, however, no way to know what that was! No dirt or food in corners. Bathroom clean: no mold, no dirt, no hairs, which leads me to believe that housekeeping is doing a great job, other than whatever was under the one bed. The beds were open under the boxspring and were not blocked or on a solid platform, so that is good that the carpet can get thoroughly vacuumed and it's bad, because as we experienced, stuff can get left under there. Room did not smell and the heater worked great.

Pool was small, capacity was 25, but only our kids swam and it was clean; however, the walls were very rusted, likely from all the splashing and the venting system did not seem to work well. No mold seen, but - clearly there was water damage as the pool area was small, the walls were close to the water. Towels neat and clean as well as the chairs.

Breakfast was nice too. Good variety, clean and well stocked.

Parking felt safe. Check in and check out -- fine.

Overall, no complaints other than the outside entrance doors did not lock, meaning that anyone could just walk into the building. Hopefully, that never happens and people close/lock their doors.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

My husband and 3 small children (all under 5) stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The suite was large; there was a separate seating area when entering the room which included the fridge, microwave, tv, wet bar, desk, a couch and small table; the sleeping area included 2 beds, tv, and long dresser; the bathroom was a decent size (but caulking and wallpaper were done poorly) and the sink was just outside the bathroom, which we liked.
The pool area was okay, but floor was a little dirty the first time we used it and it smelled strongly of chlorine that really bothered DH. The breakfast had a good variety of hot and cold items (cereal, donuts, yogurt, eggs- hardboiled and scrambled, sausage, french toast, bagels, biscuits and gravy, waffles).
I liked to location of this hotel. It was right off the interstate and close to a number of restaurants, shopping (outlets and Gurnee mills just 10 miles away).