“Affordable, modernized spacious rooms”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Schenectady, New York
“Affordable, modernized spacious rooms”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Don't let the torn up access road deter you. The hotel also doesn't have the best curb appeal, but once inside things take a turn for the better. This place has definitely been updated recently. Quality Inns in general range from pretty sketchy to quite nice, and this one is on the nicer end of the scale.

My room was very spacious with a large, separate sitting area. The king bedroom was big and the bed comfortable. The TVs are LG flat screens and there were two. The work desk area was new and comfortable.

The breakfast was the standard Choice Hotels fare,..adequate. The lobby and breakfast area have been updated and are nice.

The only real downside was that my room was not thoroughly cleaned. The area under the desk had bottle caps, coins and other pieces of trash which was disconcerting. I think they still need to work on their overall cleanliness here. That was pretty obvious under the desk.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I am pleased to say that we found our room and the common areas at this hotel very clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was exceptionally helpful, providing toiletries we had failed to pack and tips on navigating local construction to track down a good local restaurant. The room was configured with a king-sized bed, plus a second sitting room/work station with an additional TV - a good arrangement for privacy and for early birds and night owls in the same quarters. The complementary hot breakfast was well organized, with the food and setting much better than the average. We did not swim, but the indoor 24-hour pool looked inviting. It was a busy weekend with the Renaissance Fair and sports tournaments in progress, but we experienced no glitches. We would return again without hesitation.

Road construction has made ingress/egress to hotels and businesses somewhat confusing. We called the front desk and they vectored us in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathryn E
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel's main problem is cleanliness, followed closely by lack of maintenance and housekeeping. The floors are filthy! Several light bulbs were burned out in our room, we had only one towel, ironing board was broken...did I say the room was dirty? The young lady at the front desk was very nice however. When we mentioned the light bulb problem, she said there was no one who could do anything about it. This was at 7 pm. Breakfast actually was very nice, though filthy floors make me wonder whether we might regret eating there in a few hours. The bed was very comfortable and seemed clean. I used the "public" restroom by the pool after checking out and there was no toilet paper and one paper towel left. Floor, as usual, was filthy! The highway construction made getting to the hotel a challenge but, of course, this was not the hotel's fault. The filth is! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank PPriceTOsborne

Travellers are raving about these Kenosha hotels

Saint Louis
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This hotel is now a Quality Inn, a downgrade from a Comfort Suites. It is in disrepair and they have the nerve to raise the prices by more than $50 a night! After checking in, I went to my room and was unable to get the door unlocked, went back down to the desk, two maintenance personnel follow me back upstairs... Sure enough, door doesn't open. Move rooms, 40 minutes after I unpack, realize the refrigerator does not work at all, call front desk, have to move rooms again. Pack up move to the 3rd room, fridge doesn't close properly and the previous guests food was left. Bathroom is filthy, floor sticky, light burned out and room is musty... But because I am tired of moving I stay and decide to tackle the issues in the morning.
Staff is friendly, but I don't really see them doing much to take care of the property. Breakfast is pleasant, doors are not secure, laundry facilities are outdated, pool is gross, sleeper sofa is horrendous with no sheets to be found, construction noise and debris all around the property.
We have stayed here for many family reunions, but this will be the last time. Disrepair and inflated prices have turned our family to look for other accommodations.

• Stayed June 2013
Karen S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Our hotel is under new management and we are taking the appropriate steps to provide our guests with excellent accommodations and service. I have personally addressed the cleanliness issue with our staff. In the last month we have made numerous upgrades to the hotel including renovating the pool. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our hotel with guests and want you to walk out the door feeling satisfied with your stay.

If you decided to stay with us again I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My nephew got married on 5/25/13. I reserved my room 3weeks in advance the young lady on the phone was very nice and polite but, forgot to e-mail me my confirmation letter for the hotel.
I was really happy with our room it was clean and smelled good. You can tell the pool area needs a little work done to it the paint is peeling and it was a little mold up on ceilling. If they would just closed it down and scrap all the peeling paint and bleached down the the walls for the mildew and mold and have more air circulating it would be fine. The breakfast was decent my daughters loved making their own waffles. The only problem we had was the sofa sleeper didn't have any sheets had everything else the covers and pillows. I called down to housekeepingand asked them to bring up a set of sheets. Housekeeping Brought the sheets with in 4 minutes very impressive. We had a great time!!! will be coming back!!!

Room Tip: when i travel i always tell the service rep. before i get their if my room is not cleaned properly i...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stay in hotels for work and leisure 30+ nights a year and this was our first time at this hotel. Lobby was clean and inviting. Front desk person was nice and personable. Our rooms seemed clean. One of our lamps did not have a light bulb in it. There were no pillows for the pullout sofa bed. Where this hotel suffers most is the pool area. There is no other way to describe it other than disgusting. There was mold everywhere. The floors had mildew and anything metal was severely rusted. It made me wonder what else is wrong with this hotel that we have not noticed or can't see. In my previous career, I had experience dealing with Choice Hotel franchises and Marriott franchises. Every time I check into a hotel I try to notice who the owner is. I can't help but seem to notice that many hotels operated by an Indian owner seems to be subpar. I am sure there are Indian hotel operators that invest in their properties but I know many in Wisconsin do not and often cut corners to save money. That was evident with this hotel. The whirlpool was dirty and lukewarm at best (save money on energy). There was a box fan for circulation in the pool area (again, cut corners rather than invest in HVAC system). This is what we noticed in the first 2 hours of being here. Not sure what will happen with breakfast tomorrow. I know I may ruffle some feathers by singling out a particular ethnicity but all I can do is be upfront and honest about my experiences.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I took my girls to this area for a quick overnight during spring break just for a shopping get away. I called the hotel to make a reservation, and that went well. Friendly, and gave a small discount when I asked. We checked in, and then headed to the elevator. That was the first place we noticed it was dirty. The rugs were muddy, and a lot of cookie crumbs on the floor. Then we got off on our floor, and noticed quite a bit of rock and debri right outside of the elevator and through the hallway. As we walked to our room we could smell someone smoking, this is a non smoking hotel with signs everywhere. That was reported by a few people and taken care of eventually. Our room was a nice layout, but again it was dirty and worn out looking. The sitting area had an office chair that was ripped in a few places and had stickey stains on it. Disgusting! The bed sheets were torn in places, and just looked really old. When I brought things up to the front desk person in the morning, he was apologetic and blamed the housekeeping staff. When we left, there were 7 staff members sitting out front of the hotel smoking. Not a great way to represent their place of employment. We even took pictures of how dirty this place was. Hope they clean it up.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank madcla
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Best Western Executive Inn
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!