“Incompetently Managed”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Evanston, Illinois, United States
“Incompetently Managed”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Our synchronized skating team was scheduled to compete in Pleasant Prairie in April. We were concerned about the Quality Suites because of some terrible reviews, so I stopped to check it out on the way back from Milwaukee. Everything seemed fine, so our travel coordinator signed a contract for 25 rooms. The first few people were able to book rooms, but when I called a couple of weeks later, the woman who answered told me there were no rooms left. I assumed she must be confused, so I asked to speak to the manager. He came on and testily told me that all our rooms were gone and the hotel was overbooked for that weekend. Our coordinator did a quick survey, and found that in fact, most people hadn't booked yet. She repeatedly tried to contact the manager, but he never returned her calls. I can understand that mistakes happen, but then you call the parties affected and apologize, not try to pretend nothing is wrong and then hide. It is called the "hospitality" industry after all. Fortunately, we're all now happily booked at the Fairfield Inn, instead of sleeping in our cars.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eric D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 1 February 2014

the hotel was very clean when we first walked in we were surprised to see it a seating area with a flat screen tv microwave and small fridge as well as a sink then we went into the bedroom it had to very comfortable queen beds and it was spacious and it also had a flat screen tv. The hot breakfast and the 24 hour pool was unexpected and was great. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Onalaska
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The rate was great, the quality marginal. Had made a request for 1st floor, don't think they even looked at it. Moved the couch to find food and other debris underneath. Moved to room across the hall, clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was great, plenty of choice and everything organized well. The staff was all very friendly and easy to talk with.

Room Tip: Don't bother to make special request
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I was little hesitant at first booking this hotel because of all the other reviews, but I am very happy that I did. The hotel is nothing like I have read in the other comments. The work on frontage road by the hotel is all completed. We had one of their regular suite rooms and It was very spacious. It has 2 flat screen TVs with the pull out sofa which worked out great for kids. The hot breakfast and the 24 hour pool was unexpected and was great. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Third Floor Seems definitely cleaner and quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ironwood, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The first night I stayed here I found used condoms, wrappers, and tissue on the side and under my son's bed. The next night after management said they would get us cleaner rooms I found a pair of men's boxers with what appeared to be semen all over them under the bed in my son's room. Then as I was showering the next day the shower head broke off. When I jumped in the shower of the adjoining room my son yells that the smoke detector fell off the ceiling and hit him in the head. This place is dirty, disgusting and the staff is rude and under qualified. They guarantee your stay?? This incident ruined our entire vacation. We were down there for my son's birthday and can never get that time back. What a thing to remember. I am distraught and very upset. Management also told me they did everything they could. Compensation for expensive and not worth it rooms is not acceptable. I will be contacting my lawyer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Robin W

Travellers are raving about these Kenosha hotels

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 1 November 2013

As had been written, the torn up roads made for a bit of a mess and limited our getting out and about as we might have. Still, the room was large and very clean very clean, the spa was very clean and relaxing, the morning meal was hot and more than ample and the staff was friendly and helpful. For us it was convenient and a good value.

There was a lounge in the hotel next door and, given the torn up roads, we just walked next door to have drinks and appetizers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Don't let the torn up access road deter you. The hotel also doesn't have the best curb appeal, but once inside things take a turn for the better. This place has definitely been updated recently. Quality Inns in general range from pretty sketchy to quite nice, and this one is on the nicer end of the scale.

My room was very spacious with a large, separate sitting area. The king bedroom was big and the bed comfortable. The TVs are LG flat screens and there were two. The work desk area was new and comfortable.

The breakfast was the standard Choice Hotels fare,..adequate. The lobby and breakfast area have been updated and are nice.

The only real downside was that my room was not thoroughly cleaned. The area under the desk had bottle caps, coins and other pieces of trash which was disconcerting. I think they still need to work on their overall cleanliness here. That was pretty obvious under the desk.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Best Western Executive Inn
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
La Quinta Inn Pleasant Prairie K...
#3 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Candlewood Suites Kenosha

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!