“Dirty, grungy & worn - not worth staying at, even at a discount rate.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Chicagoland
“Dirty, grungy & worn - not worth staying at, even at a discount rate.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

My husband and I were in the area for a visit with friends. I booked by phone and even got the AAA rate for $85.00, which seemed like a really super good deal. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have happily paid an extra $20 or $40 for a CLEAN room at another hotel

From the outside it looked like a nice hotel. The parking lot was pretty full of nice SUVs too so I figured it would be a decent spot. The lobby looked similar to a nice chain we usually stay at but the room (#204) was seriously grungy. If it wasn't so late when we checked in, we would have definitely gone somewhere else. I'm actually mad at myself for being so tired and stupid that we stayed there but it won't happen again!

Carpets were old and dirty (like where you don't want to put your bare feet on it), some furniture in the office area of the "suite" was broken, heat switch was cracked and dirty, heat (or whatever ventilation that was supposed to be) caused a terrible low hum in the room, one nightstand lamp didn't work, the other lights in the bedroom took a minute to turn on (which was a little creepy electrically). Bed linens looked wrinkly and what was so much worse was the top bedcover was stained (eeewwww!). There were also stains on the only chair in the room (I don't even want to know from what!) Bathroom had peeling wallpaper and a tub/shower where parts of it were worn away revealing the black beneath the white. The carpet didn't even fit the contours of the bathroom floor at the corners so there were areas of cement beneath the dingy carpet. Did I mention the closet door (or whatever fabric that was supposed to cover the closet) had been removed so the bed stared at the open closet? Even the window treatments looked wrinkly. It was a creepy, dingy place.

As I said, it was so late when we checked in, we just peeled back the cruddy bedcover and crawled in. Unfortunately, the low hum was so bad (and we were so tired after listening to it for a few hours) we turned off whatever the ventilation was. In the end, we both ended up not really able to sleep. Did I mention the walls are really thin so you could hear the guy in the next room yawning! Seriously. I am not kidding.

Maybe I should have complained to the desk but I felt it was pointless. I mean, what kind of a business even offers a room like this to a customer? Needless to say I will never stay at one of these places again. Better to pay the extra and get something halfway decent.

P.S. When we checked in the front desk clerk told us the "24 hour" pool was "temporarily closed for a couple of hours."

P.P.S. And the capper; my husband waited until we left in the morning to tell me that he killed a bug in the shower. Yikes!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

This was a really nice place. The beds were great, it was clean, service was great and so was the complimentary breakfast in the morning. I will def be looking at staying at this chain again in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Towanda, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

The rooms were clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. The pool and hot tub were a place. I would stay there again. Thanks for a good stay

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2008

To tell you the truth, if I would have read the comments on this page, I would not have stayed at the Comfort Suites in Kenosha. But I am glad I did. The room I got seemed brand new. I know at least the furniture, carpet, lamps, and comforters were new, so maybe everything was?

The front desk girl did tell me that they just finished a renovation in the last few months, so I guess that was the difference. I will stay again if I get the chance...I'm a choice privledges member!

• Liked — Good Location and value
  • Disliked — Small parking lot
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank CorporateBlues
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2008

The one and only staff member we ever saw was usually sitting in front of a TV on her cell phone. Seemed a pretty quiet night when we were there. She was not at all rude, just not very friendly. The pool was an unusual color, but seemed clean but teeny-tiny. Rooms were very old, dusty, tattered--but not really dirty to speak of. Undergoing renovation--and it sure needs it. I have stayed at other Comfort Suites that were fabulous, but this one seemed VERY old and in dire need of refreshing. Lots of others to choose from in the area.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — room was depressing
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
gmwi056, general manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 July 2008
Hello, I am the general manager of the Comfort Suites in Kenosha, WI. I have recently read these reviews and felt that I should respond. I can agree with some of the comments from past guests who did not have a satisfying stay. At these times our hotel was in need of renovations and I apologize to anyone who's stay was not up to Choice Hotel's standards. I am pleased to announce that we have recently finished our renovations and everything has improved 100%. Our rooms are beautiful with new bedding, furniture, and more. Not to add our 24hr indoor pool/whirlpool and complimentary full hot breakfast buffet served daily which adds to our wonderful ammenities. Anyone who has doubts about our hotel from reviewing these comments should consider my comment and think about giving us a chance when traveling to Kenosha, WI. We look forward to serving your lodging needs. Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Kenosha hotels

Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2008

This hotel certainly does not hold up to its name - Comfort Suites. The hotel is run down, dirty and overpriced. We booked a suite and paid $120.00 for a room that looked similar to a Super 8 bates motel. The floor had mysterious stains and the bathroom was dirty and grimey. There are better hotels in the area for the money we spent!

• Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!