“Skip the rest--this one's best!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Reviewed 10 July 2014

If you've ever read my other reviews you know it's difficult to see 5 stars out of me, but this place would have gotten 10 if that was the system here.

The tl;dr--Everything's clean, well supplied, nice competent staff and awesome food for breakfast so just book your room already.

We booked our room here because it's quite close to the Bristol Renaissance Festival but we'll come back no matter what we're doing in Kenosha. The whole place was great--I actually have no complaints!

We were greeted by nice, professional desk staff and got a goodie bag with water and munchies and keys that worked perfectly. WiFi is free and works great--I didn't really notice any dead areas and the speed in our room was great. The bed was very comfortable and the correct size (you'd be surprised how many hotels tell you that you've booked Queen beds and you find beds smaller than full-size when you open the door). There were even extra pillows and blankets already in the room--didn't need them this trip but it points out the attention to detail this hotel's management brings to the job.

There's a complimentary breakfast and I wouldn't waste my money going elsewhere! Everything was fresh, correctly cooked, nice and hot and the selection was fantastic--including the make-your-own waffle station! My only wish was that I could have eaten more because everything was VERY GOOD (I don't know the cook's name but I saw her several times as she checked on supplies and replenished food)! There's a Cracker Barrel nearby, but even with my highly ridiculous dietary restrictions I had plenty to choose from.

Staff and amenities at this Country Inn and Suites made this purely for fun trip a lot more fun--we came in the night before the festival opened and having such a nice place to stay gave us a great start to a long, fun day. Don't bother looking elsewhere for a lower price--you get what you pay for and more here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RnRNeverForgets
CIS-Kenosha, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Any and every great review we receive, it motivates us a team to continue to put forth the effort and constantly better ourselves in what ever area may need improvement. We are beyond thrilled that you were satisfied with our service and what we have to offer. Thank you for your valuable time and wonderful words. Also, for giving me the opportunity to acknowledge my staff for a job well done. We would more than gladly love to accommodate any of your future stays. We all look forward to hearing from you again. If there is any thing we can do, please feel free to contact us at the hotel directly. The entire Country Inn and Suites, Kenosha WI Team wishes you a great rest of the week!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a typical Country Inn & Suites. Everything about it was average but, a decent place to stay when it's late at night. The room was clean but well used as did the rest of the property. Breakfast was good. The staff was professional. I would stay here again because of location and knowing what to expect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank L L

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are thrilled to know your time here was pleasant. I assure you myself and the rest of the staff will make it our personal goal to make sure yours and any other guests experience is above average. We hope you give us that opportunity whenever your travels bring you into the Kenosha Area. Have a great rest of the day!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have stayed her in the past numerous times with my children (now adults) and grandchildren. My most recent stay was over the 4th July weekend with my fiancé so we could go to the Renaissance Fair. The place sits back off the highway so its easy to miss with all the construction going on so look for the Cracker Barrel sign. The front desk clerk Devin was very professional and informative. As a Club Carlson member we received a goodie bag with water & Cheetos which was nice. We asked for a room facing the front of the parking lot so I could keep an eye on my car and we ended up getting the room right in front of it! The pool & hot tub area looked recently remodeled and very nice, however we didn't use it. The room also a décor change from the last stay it was nice with black furnishings and seaside framed art. I thought this was a little odd as we were in Wisconsin, it was like mixing the Caribbean with the Country. The bed was super comfy but the pillows were short so you need about 6 for the queen bed but again no problem. The bed spread was green and the curtains the usual Country Inn & Suites gold and green plaid. The carpet was showing signs of buckling but was very clean. The bathroom was also very clean. Breakfast was included and was really nice. There was a waffle station, breads, donuts, yogurts, oatmeal & cold cereals. Fresh scrambled eggs, sausage and biscuits. Juices & coffee as well. This place is close to everything, Jelly Belly and nice grocery store and Marrs Cheese Castle is right down the street. Looking forward to next years stay.

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cwondrasek

There are no other words but THANK YOU to express how we feel about your review. This hotel, management and the staff have come a long way and we are slowly but surely trying to constantly make improvements with our services and hotel. It is a great pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future. Have a great rest of the week!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The County Inn is outstanding. Folks behind the desk: very helpful & friendly. Housekeeping: thorough & professional. Frances in the Breakfast Room: always a friendly smile & greeting to start my day.

Room Tip: The far east or west rooms have less hallway noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bonnie B
CIS-Kenosha, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Good Afternoon Bonnie,

Thank you very much for the kind words and wonderful review. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to acknowledge the staff for their job well done. I made sure to print out the review you sent George, our agm, for all the staff to see. We are all pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. We alll look forward to any future arrivals from you and your family. If there is anything myself or the rest of the staff can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great rest of the week!

262-857-3680

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great customer service/front desk! Was travelling through WI and stopped here for a night, the front desk person was really friendly and asked floor preference. When I didn't have one, he suggested the first floor as it had been recently remodeled.

Breakfast was a very nice spread (always love the waffle maker!) with sausage and eggs as well as the traditional fare... was pleasantly surprised at this as we stayed on a Monday night and expected it to be more of a business/quick breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heidi B

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, our service or overall enjoyed your stay. It looks like our goal was accomplished. We would love to hear from you again. Thank you for your great feedback. I will make sure the staff is acknowledged! Have a great rest of the day!

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel 3 nights. The room was clean and spacious, the bathroom ok. Only things to complain about are the noise from the nearby interstate and the typical plastic waste you produce when you have breakfast. Frittatas, scrambled eggs, bagels... Enough variance was provided to have a good start in the day. Indoor Pool and Jacuzzi were alright as well.

Would stay again, no question. But next time I ask for a room to the opposite site of the interstate...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hennack
CIS-Kenosha, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with helpful feedback. We would definately love to hear from you again and I promise you we will prioritize ourselves to make sure your future stay will be more than quite alright. We look forward to the opportunity of exceeding your expectations. Have a great rest of the day!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Hotel was clean. We were able to check in early as requested. Pool and hot tub were very nice .... as was the work out room! Breakfast was on time and wonderful. Thank you for a great inexpensive place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tucker9834
CIS-Kenosha, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for your review! I am honored you loved your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! Have a great weekend!

Nadia Rodriguez

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Best Western Executive Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha? Share your experiences!