“Wedding anniversary”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the location. Easy to get there from where we live and the things we planned to do. The breakfast was very good . Quiet room. the front desk was very helpful and they had excellent attitudes.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank queenie067
Mary C, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Happy anniversary, we are delight you choose us to spend your anniversary with. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to see you both again.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Booked last minute, decided to stay overnite, rather than drive back to Milwaukee after an event. Pleasantly surprised! Check in was very expedient, stopped in the lounge for drinks, very nice atmosphere. Room was very clean and comfortable. Had the complimentary breakfast in the morning, which included eggs, bacon, homemade waffles, and many other choices. The nicest staff I have dealt with in quite some time. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Clean rooms, staff went out of their way to greet you, and all were very accomodating. Had drinks a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Mary C, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to server you. We appreciate your business and the confidence you have placed in us. If ever you’re in town please do not hesitate to stop in.

Again, thank you from the entire stay.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I want to thank the wonderful and dedicated staff of the Best Western Executive Inn! We first chose this hotel because they could accommodate our request for an unscented room. My Mom, sisters and I were in town for the weekend to celebrate our family member retiring from the Navy after 35 years. Hurricane Sandy struck our beloved New Jersey and we could not get home, until when we did not know. The stress of being away from home as our families in NJ, friends and homes were being ravaged by the storm was extremely difficult. The daily cancellation and uncertainty of flights only added to our frustration. The staff treated us like family-trying to locate closer hotels to the airport, watching the wind reports in NJ and reporting back anything they heard, allowing us to take over the lobby for our informal living room and as we were leaving they were giving us hugs and wishing us luck! They really went over and above to help support us during our extended stay. We are grateful and will be sure to stop back in should be we ever be in the area again!

Room Tip: Should you need a room that is unscented, ask for the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for such kind words and the opportunity to serve you and your family. We are so glad that you all are home and safe now. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Please do not hesitate to call us if we can be of any service.

Again, thank you from the entire stay.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

We stopped here for one night, passing thru from Wisconsin to Illinois. This got a better review than the other Best Western on Trip Advisor so we stayed here. The rate was very good, and the Room, Pool area, and Staff where great. Staff was very helpful with some ideas on where to stop with the kids that were close and places to eat. The breakfast was much better than some of the other Best Westerns we've stayed at too. I would not mind staying there again.

Room Tip: You get a nice view of the pond and birds if you stay on the west side of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We selected this motel as a convenient stop for a late evening arrival at Milwaukee's airport.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room, wi-fi and breakfast were as good as we could expect to find anywhere. The only below average factor was that the parking requires some walking.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank murfplace1
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We spent the night (Sep 21, 2012) at the Best Western in Kenosha WI. It was an adventure in pouring rain and road construction. (Note the date, the construction should be gone by the end of the year. I don't know about the rain.)

Let me set the scene:
The Best Western is on the west side of the interstate and set back a couple of blocks from the main road and from the interstate. Just what you would want to spend a quiet night with no road noise.

Now for the fun:
The interstate was torn up for reconstruction of bridges. This was all right if you were on it and going elsewhere. My problem was that I was in Kenosha , on the EAST side of the interstate and had to get to the WEST side of the interstate! Also, it was dark and there was a pouring rain. Fortunately, I had my GPS set for the motel. I would follow the GPS until I hit a detour. Then I’d follow the detour while the GPS got all hysterical about my going the wrong way or being in the middle of a field. But eventually, it would find a place that would make sense to it and start navigating me back to my destination. The detours took well over a half-hour but I made it.

When I went to check in, the only person there was on the phone. She was trying to give directions to somebody who was on the east side of the interstate and obviously didn’t have a GPS. It was entertaining to listen to since I wasn’t the one wandering around in the rain. Eventually the wanderer hung up. The woman behind the counter turned her attention to me and began apologizing. The server for their computer had died that afternoon and they were having to do all their work the old fashioned way - by hand.

I must say, she handled things with great calm and patience. I’d have probably had a melt-down and locked the doors. Anyway, it took her a while of course but she got me checked me in and all was well. After we got back from supper I stopped by to learn that they got a new server set up and were re-entering two days of records that had gone missing with the server crash. Again, I must say, they took it well and managed to get through it all. Kudos to the staff for their professionalism.

Now for the Best Western:
We had an excellent stay. We were on the third floor and it was very quiet and the bed was comfortable. The building has an elevator and so it is easily accessible for people with mobility problems. The room was large and spacious except for the bathroom which was small as most motel bathrooms are (you have to straddle the toilet to close the door - a pet peeve of mine). There was a desk with two chairs, the lowboy which held the tv (old-fashioned) and luggage and a mini-fridge with a microwave on top of it and capped by a coffee maker. The bathroom had the usual stuff and there was an iron and ironing board tucked away. The only thing missing was a small safe which some motels have these days and I don’t consider that a loss at all.

I took a couple pictures of the room which I will include with this report. I didn’t take an exterior photo because of the pouring rain. You’ll see that the room is very clean and well decorated. The motel must have been built around the beginning of the laptop age - there was a single outlet a couple feet away from the desk. That was the only available outlet in the room which is why I place it at the beginning of the laptop age. Most newer motels will have two or three outlets for all the chargers we have to lug around these days.

Kudos for the continental breakfast that they offer!!
The continental breakfast had the usual things you’ve come to expect plus some extras that really hit the spot. They had the usual waffle maker, cereal, bread and bagels, juices, and coffee, etc. In addition, they also offered hash-browns, scrambled eggs, and sausage links. NICE! It made for a complete breakfast and we didn’t have to leave early to find a restaurant.

In conclusion, I must say they did a marvelous job considering their problems with the road construction (it was really torn up for a couple miles) and their computer problems. I’ll definitely stop here again if I’m in the area.

PS There's also a very nice looking pool but I didn't get a chance to try it out.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank johnfaludi
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on a Friday night before going into Milwaukee and the following Sunday night as we left Milwaukee. On both nights the rooms were adequate with the room on Friday night being a large retangular room. The rate was not bad and it is located near I-94, the Jelly Belly plant and plenty of dining places. The only complaints I would have are that the breakfast area has limited seating, the hot tub was lukewarm, the TV's were old and the bathroom on our second stay was real small. But if that is the only things a person can complain about, then the place is fine. If what you are looking for is a place to lay your head down after a long drive and have a nice breakfast at a reasonable rate, this place can provide that.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to Best Western Executive Inn? Share your experiences!