“Known for Burgers?”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Ron's is know in Kenosha for their burgers. I tried them ten years ago and have not been back until now. I remember why. The burger is nothing to write TripAdvisor about. It was greasy, tasted like liquid smoke with a bun that was just OK. We sat in a dark booth that was somewhat cramped. We had a birthday party behind us which must have had more beer than burgers. They were VERY happy and the noise was deafening. The fries were somewhat skimpy. I hate eating out of a basket with tissue. One slice of the knife and the dirty basket is on my dinner. Service was good and attentive. No one asked us how we felt about dinner. I'll go back, but probably in ten years.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

They are known for their 5 by 5 burger. Gut buster. Hope you are hungry. Can be very crowded on weekends. Been there many times. Don't go if you are in a rush.

1  Thank John E
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I've only been here to have drinks and appetizers with friends. Which was really, really, really good. But the only thing bad is the waitress aren't trained very well they don't take people in order that they come, and takes a hour to get ONE drink. Is probably another reason that we only get appetizers because it would probably take and extra hour that it already takes to make the small basket of cheese curds and buffalo wings. Great food and drinks, but Poor service.

1  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed 23 April 2013

The most famous hamburger in Kenosha. But if you're swearing off of deep-fry or meet or french fries, make this a recommendation to younger, less experienced stomachs.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I was pleased to visit Ron's Place for the first time over the weekend for a Sunday family lunch. If you're in the mood for a really good burger in a snug, comfy bar setting, this is the place. My 5x5 was perfectly cooked to order and the accompanying fries were fresh and hot. Appetizers are the standard deep fryer fare; piping hot, greasy, and tasty. Service was efficient; working as a team to get food from kitchen to table quickly with no attitude.

We had our three year old in tow and she settled in nicely in the small booth with mom and dad. There is a kids menu, but I wouldn't make Ron's a stop with little ones on a super busy night. There were only 10 or so booth tables available in the entire place, with the rest of the seating at the large bar. We frequent Tenuta's Deli/Grocery across the street often and are amazed at the large crowd that Ron's Place draws. After seeing the interior, I have no idea where they put the customers on a bustling night.

A source of minor frustration was the inaccuracies on the menu. Several basic items clearly listed on the menu (milk, PB&J) were not available and seem to not have been offered for quite some time. There were also small price discrepancies on few individual items once the bill arrived. Time to update, clean-up, and tighten the menu.