“The Cheers bar of Kenosha!!”
Review of Ron's Place

Ron's Place
Ranked #23 of 250 Restaurants in Kenosha
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
wisconsin
“The Cheers bar of Kenosha!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We have been going to Rons Place for more years than I can remember! They have great food and drinks. All of the prices are very reasonable. The thing that brings us back though, is the staff and feeling of being "where everybody knows your name"! You always feel that you belong, whether you are young or old. Its fun to look around and see how many generations have been going there. We used to bring our kids, now they take their kids. You don't have to feel that you have to drink here either. Going there for their food is just as good! They are well known for their approximately 40 Long Island Teas, and the tour of teas, plus all of their beers and their 50 beers to drink before you die tour! Always a fun time. We love all of the staff!!! and Tracy and Tom, the owners!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank conphuzer

“Great Burgers!”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This place is great. The long island menu is huge and food is pub food that you can tell pride is taken in their creation.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Nennypoo
“My last 2 visits were better than the visits in the past!”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I have been to Ron's twice in the past month- once to celebrate a friend's job success and another for a date night. Both visits were great! I hate when people give places a poor rating on people at the table behind them- it's a bar and restaurant- but more a bar- what do you expect?! Anyways...
I could live off their appetizers alone. I tell everyone who has never been to Ron's before to get the Italian Fries!!! They are not potato, they are like long, flat breadsticks that are not dough-ey in the middle. A sprinkle of (I think) garlic salt and a yummy red sauce served with it YUM. These have never failed. I also enjoy the combo basket-particularly the cheesy cauliflower(which can also be purchased separately.) My hubby likes the cream cheese poppers and we both enjoy the curly fry basket with nacho cheese.
Entree wise I LOVE their Steak Ceasar salad. It's on a platter! Soooo good. My hubby loves the burgers and tries to pick from the specials. Last night it was the Atomic Burger. It was covered in jalapenos- not for the weak!
Their Tour of Teas(Long Islands) is impressive and creative. I enjoyed the Bada-Bing! Coke with extra cherries and cherry pucker. There are so many I want to try but can only handle one a visit-they are huge!
Yes it is dark inside and not great for large parties but 2-4 people can have a great meal and a good time. Both times our waitesses were excellent.
I am not sure what's changed but a few years ago we had quite a few visits that werent great- plastic in my salad, chicken wings still raw in the middle, cranky, inattentive waitresses...
So glad we gave it another chance! We will be back- and probably soon!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank stephers26
Mayville, Wisconsin
“Known for Burgers?”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Ron's is know in Kenosha for their burgers. I tried them ten years ago and have not been back until now. I remember why. The burger is nothing to write TripAdvisor about. It was greasy, tasted like liquid smoke with a bun that was just OK. We sat in a dark booth that was somewhat cramped. We had a birthday party behind us which must have had more beer than burgers. They were VERY happy and the noise was deafening. The fries were somewhat skimpy. I hate eating out of a basket with tissue. One slice of the knife and the dirty basket is on my dinner. Service was good and attentive. No one asked us how we felt about dinner. I'll go back, but probably in ten years.

• Visited April 2013
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“5 by 5 burger”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

They are known for their 5 by 5 burger. Gut buster. Hope you are hungry. Can be very crowded on weekends. Been there many times. Don't go if you are in a rush.

• Visited November 2012