“Can't really think of a title” 4 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Bombay Louie's
Cuisines: Italian
“Can't really think of a title”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

I had a hard time titling this one... It's not as great as it used to be (back in high school we went here before prom and it was amazing- high class). Now everytime I go I wonder if they are even open. I think if people would start going back everything would get better- like they need a reopening to revive the place or something. The building is unique- 4 separate rooms (one is the bar). I like the holiday decor in the main room- not as tacky as Villa D' Carlo but nice.
The drink prices are rather high.
OK the food... Pizza? It's REALLY good and not really what you expect here. Maybe thats how they can revitalize business. I have never had the steak and am not sure I will after reading other reviews. The salad bar is great- big selection of stuff and soups but I learned to never just get soup/salad bar its expensive- you might as well get a meal with the salad bar included and just take some of the meal home! I LOVE the bread they bring to the table- it has always been warm for us so anyone complaining it was cold must have been inpatient and wanted it too early.
Mary has always waited on us and is so sweet. Sometimes she's the only one there on the floor. I really wish this place could get back to where it used to be- and i am sure they do too.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank stephers26

Chicago
“Great family place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Even though you don't think so when you first walk it but a great place for family get togethers. Great buffets and a place to go to when you don't quite know what kind of food you are in the mood for as they have such a variety.

Visited March 2012
Lockport, Illinois
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We will be back but not for the buffet, we would just order off the menu next time, very romantic place

Visited October 2011
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“HORRIBLE!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Bombay Louies is the worst restaurant that I have ever been to!! Not only was the food horrible the place was falling apart! It smelled something awful in there and not very clean! Our food was pathetic it took way too long to get and the portion size was a joke!!! They had a salad bar that came with your food but that didnt look very appetizing. The woman that waited on us sucked!!! She was wearing jeans and her hair was everywhere just gross!!! We will NEVER be back there and I hope this was helpful.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank ashlee w
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Nice atmosphere, disappointing quality.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

The owners run 3 restaurants in the area, and all 3 have the same issue- they are like the ubiquitous greek restaurant trying to pass themselves off as fine dining establishments. food is heavy on the spices, low on the quality.

3 Thank Don H