“Frank's go for the food, but stay for the brash, tongue-firmly-in-cheek attitude.”
Review of Frank's Diner

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Kenosha, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Waiting for a table on weekends is always a challenge as the "aisle" is very tight (sit at the counter if your party is 1-2). Great service for being as big as Michael Jordan's shoebox--the servers always show grace under pressure.

Oh, and every breakfast on the menu, from loaded oatmeal to the famous garbage plate is worth the price.

kenoha
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great place for fun and food”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

great fun atmosphere.....garbage plate and mimosa's a great breakfast! the staff is very entertaining. mushroom soup, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, burgers, and specials are outstanding!

Somers, Wisconsin
“Heroes to Zeros!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I was really disappointed at the decline in simple hospitality at Frank's. I stopped in for breakfast with a friend and the guy cleaning tables was rude to us right out if the gate! As we sat there for nearly an hour, we observed him being totally rude to several different groups, even causing one couple to leave!
The food? My garbage plate was great....but late. My friend order tuna, they came 15 mins after we ordered to tell him they were out of tuna. Why did it have to take that long to figure that one out? So he reordered a different selection and we moved on. The food that came was delicious but they forgot to bring his side and a shake that he ordered. There was no "I'm sorry", "lemme take that off the bill for you", " do you still want it".... they just brought out the missing items when we were ready to leave.
This may seem kind of "whiney" but I have been coming to Frank's for almost 40 years! I grew up going there with my family. The current state of affairs is sad. I travel extensively and I'm familiar with the "Ed Debevics" style of service........this wasn't that.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank GlobalMogul
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Good Food in small spaces”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Restaurant is very small but worth the wait. Breakfast time is extremely busy. So get there very early. Service is friendly.

• Visited September 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Took a trip to Kenosha from Chicago based on a friend recommendation for some good eats. We got to Franks and waited in the corridor while customers from the inside step out and once we went inside, more wait behind the counter. But that's O.K. because it part of the appeal and the experience at being at Franks. Once we sat down, we ordered our drinks, starting off with a mimosa and plain O.J for the kids. We proceeded to order the garbage special (anything but) and man was it good. Service is friendly and different and the experience is cool that it's worth the wait. I'll be more than happy to head back to Kenosha and Franks is on my radar.