“Nice hotel disappointing gaming experience.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Keshena
Menominee Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Keshena
“Nice hotel disappointing gaming experience.”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I have stayed at the hotel and never been disappointed with my room I I have stayed at the hotel and never been disappointed with my room I enjoy the restaurants at the facility however I have never once came out ahead at the casino so well the rooms are nice and a good value the gaming experience is very disappointing

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank juchemich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I love going to Keshena. But I do not understand why they will not get a band called BBI. They r fabulous. I know I could get alot of people to come and listen to the band paying for drinks and gettig rooms. They could make good money. They r as good as Westside if not better. I have been diagnosed with cancer, so I do not know how long I have and that would be one of my last wished would be to have BBI there so I would not have to travel so far to see them. I wish my wish could come true, but for some reason they will not budge. I wish I wish. Can someone explain why they will not get them. They used to get them all the time.

Room Tip: All renwed rooms r great.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Darla S
Hermansville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We went to this casino for my husbands 50th birthday. Also my husbands mother, sister, niece and nephew joined us. I found the hotel desk staff to be very helpful and friendly. Our room was very nice. Housekeeping was also very friendly, always saying hello and good morning.
The pool was very beautiful. Only drawback there was a little too much chlorine in the water....but I guess I would rather have too much then too little.
The casino was very nice and kept very clean. Everyone was very nice.
The only bad thing I have to say is about the restaurant. Not very good service there at all. It was not busy and we still had to wait about 5 minutes to be seated. Ordered the buffet. Food was o.k. Nothing spectacular. Service was very slow. Nobody ever came around with coffee. We had to keep asking before somebody finally brought us some. We did order a pizza from the snack bar the next night. Service was good and the pizza was delicious.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My family and I went to Menominee this past week end to celebrate my mothers 71st Birthday what a mistake...From the moment we got there they acted like it was a problem to do anything...first stop the gift shop where I waited at least 10 minutes for the cashier to finish talking to her friends before she could wait on me even though I stood there in front of the counter waiting to check out...then the casino bar where my brother was told the bartender would be back in 4 minutes because they had to change their till and after 20 minutes still didn't return...then the security guard in the casino who made us delete our pictures of my mom celebrating watching the show because you can't take pictures there... which is fine but they could have told us before we took 10..but the worst was check out the next day..Katrina the woman that checked us out should NOT be in customer service I have never met anyone so rude working in customer service..we booked 5 rooms here and my husband and I were paying for 2 on out debit card..when we were checking out I told Miss Katrina( I think that was her name)that they had already charged me at check in and she said to me as rudely as possible no way they did we don't do that and I told her well I just checked my bank account and it was on there but ok...so she ran the rooms again and we got double charged when I pulled my bank account up on my phone and showed this to the Manager she basically said oh well it should be put back in 4 days..this is my debit card... my cash money they took...needless to say that between the 13 of us that went everyone had some bad experience or another and when you are spending over $5000 between rooms food and entertainment for one night you at least expect decent service...ours was horrible...save your money go to Vegas...these people should not be in the customer service business...the pool however is nice.

Room Tip: No room is good when you are treated badly...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank denise s
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Rooms were clean but very small.bathrooms are so small!!hotel service was just ok.need more peeps at front desk at check out time.casino workers very lazy on the casino floor but thats the norm here good time though.maybe expand the hotel and make rooms bigger?pool and hot tub well kept up.food was good this time..hit and miss with food here.they pretty much do what they want..last year we camr for super bowl asked about dinner buffet.answer was depends on how bissy it is..hour later sign on door closed??full house food at bar only.noticed workers watching football game out on floor in casino??you kidding me.wrote to them and zip for a response..

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank fishman47
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I had my stay at this hotel paid for directly by an organization, and fully agree that this was the right place to put me up, given access to the organization's activity and the limited choices in the immediate area. I did not gamble in the casino, and am only rating the hotel stay. The room was well taken care of, the bed was fine, the amenities were fine, the service was friendly and helpful, and all in all I would have given the place a "Very Good", except for a problem that has afflicted every hotel attached to a casino at which I've stayed:

The hotel's halls reek from the tobacco smoke rolling in from the casino, and despite efforts to keep it out of the rooms, it gets into them.

I'd stay here again, and probably will, but folks who are on the road just looking for a place to spend the night and find this issue a particular problem should instead make one of the other choices available on the main highway six or seven miles to the south.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank AnnArborMiBob
Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Nice welcome. Promo gambling allowances for all guests who register in the hotel. Good Hotel layout. Not too far from an exit to your room. Only 2 floors and an elevator on the ends of the corridors. Great decor. Very artfully decorated. The casino & restaurant were OK. Nothing fancy but good food at reasonable prices. Lots of machines and a few tables to choose from. The good stuff ends here.

The "Bad" stuff follows. Bed was like a stage platform. Pillows like sandbags. The lighting was dim @ best & hard for my wife to "do" her makup for the bright casino. When we turned out the lights to sleep, there was so much light in the room I checked all of the lamps to make sure they were off. Night light by the front door light switch. Night light on the hairdryer. Night light on the TV. The phone had a test screen and the clock was like a light house!!! I had to cover them or unplug all of them and the ambient light that came thru the slats in the windows still made me feel as if I were in the parking lot instead of next to it. The worst was going to the hot tub and finding (after I got in it) a dark brown substance adhering to the side of the pool and floating in the foam from the jets. EWWW. I immediately got out and called management. They said they would fix it immediately. I don't know as I was busy taking a shower with lots of soap.

All of this for a discounted rate of $94? Not again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keshena
Quality Inn & Suites
Best Western Wittenberg Inn
Super 8 Shawano
Super 8 Shawano
#3 of 5 in Shawano

Been to Menominee Casino Resort? Share your experiences!