I've stayed a few times dating back to the early days in the 80s and the hotel only gets better and better. The service is exceptional in that everyone truly seems to enjoy making your stay enjoyable. Everything smells wonderful everywhere you go, no matter the season, due to the signature Hollyhock scent in soaps, etc. The lav fixtures always delight, especially the toilet/bidet with a dozen settings near the spa desk. Kohler Waters Spa is sublime and the services top notch (I have been to many spas and I rate this highly along withe the AAA 5 Diamond rating). And, the Healthy Soles pedicure by Jodi was incredible!
I've only stayed in The American Club part of the hotel and love the Frette linens, special shower and quiet comfort. The value was amazing since the room was only $207 with taxes over Easter weekend. I've paid more at a lowly Holiday Inn Express.
One thing I would add to the hotel is a better casual coffee shop/cafe since the Greenhouse is limited in its offerings (more for coffee and smoothies) and the Take 5 is a drive away at the Sports Core and not much of a restaurant. It would be nice to have eggs or a sandwich at a sit down restaurant on site.
Enjoyed The Immigrant Room even though it is now divided into tiny rooms and you get a little too much service. The food was good but a small menu and fancier than I need in terms of tiny portions with a smear of cauliflower puree and a thin slice of beet that looked like mere decorations. Tasty but fussy.
I miss the piano in the Winery. The entire resort would benefit from live music playing because it would lend a more lively feeling to the hushed atmosphere. No one playing the piano in the Library although that is a lovely spot for a cocktail with nice sofas and chairs. I missed Tea, however, so cannot review it. Enjoyed the Sports Core and the lovely walk outdoors around Woodlake.
I'll be back for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The American Club is a Forbes Five-Star Resort Hotel and the Midwest’s only AAA Five Diamond Resort Hotel providing unique, luxurious decor that with a singular quality experience room by room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick so you can book your The American Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The American Club Hotel Kohler
- American Hotel Kohler
- The American Hotel
- American Club Wisconsin
- American Kohler
- American Club In Kohler Wi
- American Club Kohler Wi
- The American Club Kohler, Wisconsin