“Amazing experience”
Review of Inn on Woodlake

Inn on Woodlake
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kohler
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I decided on Kohler and the American Club Resort for a weekends anniversary getaway and it was the perfect choice. We stayed at the Inn on Woodlake and from the reservation through the stay I was impressed. I did mention it was my anniversary when making the reservation and that was obviously noted immediately. We were welcomed with a "happy anniversary" at check in as well as a personal note and bottle of champagne in the room. The room itself was very well appointed. We stayed in a lakeside king which was plenty spacious and a nice patio off the back. The bathrooms...well...it's Kohler so you know it's going to be top notch. Full body spray shower and very nice Kohler Spa soaps and amenities. The rooms are amazingly sound proof. Never once heard any hallway noise and throughout the night we had considerable thunderstorms with major thunder and the noise was never too much. The sound was quelled just enough to make the sound pleasant. (Who doesn't love the sound of a thunderstorm)

We will be back without a doubt. Special occasion or not, this is the best weekend getaway you will experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Inn on Woodlake

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We could not get into the room, so after three trips back to the desk we were finally able to get into the room. Alarm clock was set to go off at 5:30 AM with an alarm that sounded like an air horn. It took me two days for my back to stop aching, after sleeping one night in the rock hard bed. It was nice that they had a breakfast buffet on Sunday morning but it would have been nicer if the food would have been edible. The eggs weren't scrambled they were cremated and the hash browns were the consistency of silly putty. I have been to the American Club and have found the hotel first rate in every way, but the Inn on Woodlake simply could not be associated with the American Club, it just isn't possible.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronald D
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Weekend getaway for 19th anniversary. Did the red carpet movie and meal deal. Very professional staff. Room was immaculate. Went to chef demonstration workshop located in same mall. Nice breakfast. Highly recommend hotel

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2014

If you want a nice quite place to stay for a weekend away from the hustle and bustle of every day life, then the Inn at Woodlake in Kohler, WI is the place to stay at. The rooms are wonderful, the Kohler shower and other bathroom fixtures are an added bonus. The staff is outstanding and I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Any room is lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Inn is comparable to a high-end Hampton, Holiday Inn Express or Hyatt Place...pretty & stylish rooms with comfortable beds and a satisfying complimentary breakfast. What sets this hotel apart are the bathrooms with Kohler showers which are amazing. The Prairie Room view can be appealing if you get mostly the wooded area, keeping in mind the Lake view also takes in the outdoor seating area and the houses across the small "lake" which are not unattractive but not as private as it may first sound, especially in summer months.

We were there in November and most of the shops were empty shells, with a scattering of stores open. Overall we find the restaurants to be on the expensive side...the Horse & Plow at The American Club is probably the most casual and they have a fun Happy Hour with 2 for 1 drinks and all the popcorn you care to eat. Also when it is open, the restaurant at Whistling Straits is lovely and offers an excellent lunch value (when compared to other Kohler restaurants). And the grocery store located in the shopping area has a wonderful wine & cheese selection if you prefer a light snack in your room.

While the Inn is a comfortable hotel, it offers few "resort" amenities when compared to The American Club down the street which include: Several on-site restaurants, a wine-bar, gift-shop, complimentary afternoon tea, gorgeous lobby area w/huge fireplace, doormen who are dressed to look like the King's Crossing Guards, and the best for last gratis champagne on check-in. Oh, the rooms are lovely as well at the Club...all with a Jacuzzi. So it makes little sense to me why the Inn on Woodlake charges an additional mandatory "resort fee" with its non-existent "resort" ambiance & limited amenities.

That said, staying at the Inn has certain advantages...the price is much less the American Club and it has a less fussy more contemporary flair to it and also the free breakfast shouldn't be overlooked when comparing. (The buffet breakfast the Club is about $40.00 I do believe). And if you like dogs everywhere, then there is that. I personally like dogs but not in the hotel room next to mine, so that does not fall in to the plus category for me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on Valentine's Day. Our room was in the second floor - it was described as a "prairie view," but it just looked out on a semi-wooded area and hotel service road. We didn't mind that there wasn't much of a view, since the room itself was spacious and well-appointed. The bathroom and shower were great, and we appreciated how quiet the hotel was. We really didn't hear much noise from the hall or other rooms at all. The staff was extremely friendly, especially those working at breakfast in the morning. It's too bad that there aren't more tables in the breakfast area, as it was quite full when we ate. We sat at a bigger table with another couple, though, and enjoyed some conversation with our food. I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and checking out the shops nearby. Highly recommended!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed here during a visit to Kohler company. My room was very nice, highlighted by the upscale bathroom (I would expect nothing less in Kohler) and the great free breakfast. The staff was friendly and polite. I enjoyed my view of the frozen lake through the patio door from my room.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor opening out onto the lake. It was a very nice view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
ShawnKB, Manager at Inn on Woodlake, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear James H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Inn On Woodlake. It is lovely to know we meet all your needs during your travel to Kohler and that our team provided you with thoughtful service, a very clean room and a view! We look forward to your return visit!

Very kindly,
Shawn K. Boeldt-Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kohler
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
#4 of 11 in Sheboygan
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to Inn on Woodlake? Share your experiences!