“Not what I expected but was very pleased!”
Review of Inn on Woodlake

Inn on Woodlake
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kohler
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel seemed out of place because it is actually connected to a strip mall. There is nothing too fancy about this place until you enter the room. The room was very spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was our favorite! Everything is Kohler. The shower alone is worth the drive to this location. There are jet sprayers all over. I am a shorter person so at first the water was hitting me in the face and I couldn’t find my way out. But I soon found the control lever to adjust which sprayers were on. It was a blast, no pun intended! I (we) were also impressed by the breakfast. The food was great! I can’t wait to go back to this hotel again when the weather is better so we can also enjoy the outdoor activities that they offer. Oh, before I forget, the hotel staff was just awesome. They were very kind and help answer any question that we had. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
ShawnKB, Manager at Inn on Woodlake, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear azwi,
I greatly appreciate your review of the Inn on Woodlake. Our staff takes great pride in offering outstanding customer service that exceeds expectations, and it is lovely to hear that they were of great help to you. Our complimentary breakfast is made fresh every day by one of our very talented chefs. I am also thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our bathrooms with our spectacular Kohler products.
We look forward to continuing to surpass your expectations in the future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a nice property but quite pricy for what you get. The rooms are ok but a little tired, at least the Internet is fast and free. Naturally they have nice Kohler fixtures. Their light breakfast is ok but no better than your average Hampton Inn but for a high priced hotel...not so good.

the front desk was often short staffed so you wait for almost anything. They have good shuttle service to Blackwolf Run and the American club but only hourly service to Whistling Straights.

I certainly would not stay here if it were not for the proximity to golf.

)Dear Alan S,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the Inn on Woodlake. I would like to apologize for your underwhelming breakfast and wait time at the front desk. We have added additional front desk associates and trained them to handle more demand. I hope you are able to return and experience the new and delicious breakfast options our chef is cooking up. We also offer many other amenities such as our Sports Core facility which is a full-service health club, private beach with lake access, and shuttle service to any Kohler property.
If you choose to return to the property I hope you are able to take advantage of all that the Inn on Woodlake has to offer.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a smaller hotel in Kohler; I was there for a meeting and found the front desk staff very helpful when asking them for dining recommendations. They were also welcoming and descriptive when checking in. The rooms were modern and had great bathroom amenities (jetted shower heads, good pressure, etc).. the TV sound was very cool in that they had it routed into ceiling speakers and into the bathroom.... Nothing like laying in bed and watching a show with stereo sound. my only complaint is that I had a room with a door to an adjoining room... I could hear my neighbor a bit too clearly speaking on a cell phone..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear foosoof,
Thank you for taking time to write about your experience. I want to offer my apologies for the noise from the connecting room. We do our best to accommodate the needs of every guest in the hotel, and I hope we can provide you with a more fitting room if you choose to return in the future. I am pleased to hear our front desk staff was very helpful and welcoming towards you, as we take great pride in our service. We are always pushing to be exciting and innovative in our room features such as surround sound and cutting edge Kohler bath products.
We look forward to having you back in the future.
Respectfully,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here with friends in early May 2014. Place looks new, rooms were clean, shower was awesome with 5 Kohler shower heads. Free breakfast was good; better than expected. Down the street from the American Club, and about a mile from the river golf courses.

1  Thank Eric S

Dear Needhamites,
Thank you for posting a review of the Inn on Woodlake. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are always looking to exceed expectations. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next golf outing.
Cheers,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Not as pricey as the American Club, and not as fancy. The rooms were comfortable and clean. It's great to have little shops to browse that are close with also a few restaurants and grocery store. Front desk was very friendly and made us feel welcome.
Had a wonderful view of the lake, wish it had been warm enough to sit outside.
I'd be negligent is I didn't mention the spa like shower. Amazing!!! LOVED IT!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake show a lovely, serene setting.

Dear Ktb40352,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Inn on Woodlake. We are very proud of how clean our property is, as well as the friendly and welcoming service of our staff. I hope you are able to return when the weather is a bit warmer to enjoy our private beach area on the lake.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We revisited the inn on woodlake in April. This time we had a lakeside view. The room has been updated and of course has the latest Kohler sinks and faucets. This year we discovered hiking paths located around the lake and through the local neighborhood forest areas. The breakfast remains outstanding. Service topnotch as usual. We will return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Weekend getaway from Chicago and were able to get a Groupon like discount for a night at the Inn. It was fantastic. Situated close to all the things at Kohler you'd like to do, the main attraction for us was the design in the room. We actually took away from it some ideas we'd like to do in our own house. I would say the only downside would be the day we were there they were having problems with breakfast due to new kitchen staff. We weren't all that hungry so it wasn't that big of a deal. Can't wait to go back when the weather is nicer and we can enjoy the beautiful scenery.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kohler
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
Harbor Winds
#4 of 11 in Sheboygan
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to Inn on Woodlake? Share your experiences!