“Great location and fun for holidays”
Review of Inn on Woodlake

Inn on Woodlake
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kohler
Reviewed 4 November 2010

We had a great time staying here and enjoyed the fall events that were going on in the area. There are many great restaurants and activities to do as well. The rooms are newly updated and it was a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Inn on Woodlake

Reviewed 26 July 2010

Just finished a two night hotel. The hotel is clean, well decorated, nice rooms and wonderful bathrooms (what would you expect from Kohler). But it isn't that much nicer than the Hyatt Places I stay at often. Small lobby, no bellman, no valet parking, rooms are average size with normal amenities. Nothing special.

We had a power outage during the night-power would cycle on and off causing the AC and TV to go on and off. Very irritating at 4am. Happened again the next morning as we were getting ready. No response from the staff at all. They didn't care at all about our sleep interruption or shower interruption.

The other irritant was that part of the common area hallways are tiled. In the morning the staff would roll their service carts across the floors. It seemed that the wheels of these carts were made of steel as they made the most irritating racket imaginable. Maybe Mr. Kohler could spring for some nice quite rubber wheels for them.

This is a nice place but a little pricey. Add in the uncaring staff and I'd be inclined to stay some where else next time we go there.

On the plus side-the golf courses are amazing!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2010

The Inn on Woodlake has been redone since I stayed there about 8 years ago. It has a very masculine feel with a lot of dark wood and brown leather. Room and bedding were extremely comfortable. The showe was incredible with five shower heads (this is Kohler). A nice breakfast was included.

My only compalint is that there were two bottles of Voss water in the room and I almost opened one before I noticed a small sign elsewhere in the room that each bottle was $3.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I just returned from a girls' weekend with some friends. We had a great time at the Inn on Woodlake. The room was very clean and contemporary. The bathroom (especially the shower) were fantastic. The beds were a bit firm for my taste, but you can't have everything, I suppose. We were in close walking distance to the sports core in one direction and the American Club, spa, and design center in the other. The Shops at Woodlake with shopping and restaurants were right next to the hotel. I was a little disappointed in the shopping and would have liked to see an outdoor pool, but the spa more than made up for those shortcomings!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2010

While I have stayed at the American Club, it is the Inn on Woodlake that is my favorite hotel when staying in Kohler, WI. It has a more casual atmosphere, which I find relaxing, and I love the bathrooms! The shower is to die for! As a frequent business traveler, there are definitely things I would change at this hotel, but overall, it is a great place to stay. While they don't have their own restaurant, they do provide a comprehensive "continental" breakfast, which is far from most continental breakfasts I've had. How many times do you get French toast with a continental breakfast? If anyone from the hotel is reading this, please put in automated doors at the entrance to the lobby!!!! Between luggage and golf clubs, it is almost impossible to get inside the double doorway without help, and since there is no doorman....

The hotel is part of the Woodlake Shops, so there are restaurants and shops available near the hotel. But it would be nice to have some vending available for those of us just wanting a quick soda in the room. There is an honor bar, but it does not include beverages other than Voss water.

Also, the side chair in the room with the floor lamp, while a nice touch, is horribly uncomfortable, and anyone wanting to sit there to read a book or look out for the wonderful view of the lake will not be interested in lingering long.

This hotel is very quiet, so you can definitely get a good night's sleep, but the climate control is lacking. It's either hot or cold. No electronic controls.

This hotel is about half the price of the American Club, and I learned on this visit that the American Club is upgrading their rooms and bathrooms, so perhaps I will stay there the next time I'm visiting Kohler.

Also, don't forget to stop by the Design Center...it's NOT to be missed, and the museum downstairs is fantastic! I hope to one day have the opportunity to visit the spa as well, and perhaps play a round of golf.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rosebudmi
Reviewed 17 February 2010

The Inn on Woodlake is a good value for the money. It is much more contemporary than the American Club. I prefer contemporary style to traditional. The hotel staff were very helpful, the bed comfortable and the room nicely decorated. We arrived late so we were given the room by the garbage cans - -which were in view from our window:-(

Two major areas for improvement: The towels lacked quality and smelled of bleach. If the Kohler Corp is going all out with the Kohler bathroom in the room- -wouldn't it follow that you would have some nice towels?? The breakfast was all high carb foods. Wisconsin being known for cheese - I expected at least some cheese! In addition we stayed on valentines day - when we have stayed at other hotels over holidays the hotel has done little special things like valentines cookies. Would have been a nice gesture.

We ate at Cucina - some of the food was good (steak and broccoli) and other not so much (the crackers with the carpaccio were hard as rock). The decor was not well done (undergoing a one month renovation soon) and the service staff needs fine dining training (they were picking up salt and pepper shakers while we were eating our meal).

We went to the spa for one day. The treatments we had were the H2o inspiration - which my partner raved about and the Highland Fling - which I thought was unique. The common areas are OK for couples but the pool area is not really set up for couples sitting next to each other.

The service staff in the spa did not attend to the guests. No one came around to offer food or drinks. My BF said the mens area was in disarray, the attendant said he would return with a shaver and was never seen from again.

I enjoy Ivy spa in Minneapolis and have been to other high end spas where I think there is more focus on service before and after the treatment. It appeared that there were simply too few staff and the attendant staff were not trained to provide service but rather to pick up. The staff providing treatments were very professional and friendly.

We visited the Kohler design center on this trip as well - it was a fun thing to see all of the different ideas. Definitely worth a look if you go to Kohler.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BikergirlzRock
Reviewed 1 January 2010

I've been to this property a couple of times and I think it's a really good value. It's consistently clean, everyone that works there is friendly and polite and it's a decent place to escape to if you find yourself in Kohler. Its sister hotels are nice as well, more traditional and pricier, so this is a good option if you aren't looking for frills. A continental breakfast is included in the price and, if memory serves me, they offered to transport us back and forth to their other hotel in the event that we chose to dine there. Definitely worth considering if you want clean a accommodation that is fairly priced.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kohler
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
#4 of 11 in Sheboygan
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to Inn on Woodlake? Share your experiences!