“Fun, Casual , Cajun specialties, but good other options as well!”

Buzzard Billy's Flying Carp Cafe
Ranked #3 of 202 Restaurants in La Crosse
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Fun, Casual , Cajun specialties, but good other options as well!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were traveling with friends on motorcycles up and down the Mississippi and stayed in LaCrosse on a Sunday night. Many restaurants were closed, so our options were limited.

I chose Buzzard Billy's as one of our options because one of our traveling companions is a huge fan of Cajun food! That being said , neither my husband or I are, but I had checked the menu and saw many other options.

I had one of the best Chicken quesadilla's I've ever had! Chocked full of large pieces of chicken and peppers, and the salsa was very tasty.My husband had shrimp wrapped in bacon he thoroughly enjoyed and our Cajun loving friend had a craw fish platter he thought was excellent.

Buzzard Billy's is a fun causal place, with good food, Cajun and otherwise, and prices were very reasonable.

We had hoped to check out the upstairs starlight lounge after dinner, but it was closed on Sunday night.

1 Thank MarciaB10

Appleton
“Good food, quick service, friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We were in town visiting niece who attends UW-L. We had a very good lunch (I had the Shrimp Po' Boy with hush puppies) which arrived quickly and was very tasty. I love local eateries with a unique flair. This was a comfy little bar/restaurant with a big personality and an interesting menu of Cajun greats.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank AppletonWItraveler
Seaford, Virginia
“Casual w/ Great Service and Quality Food”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Friendly atmosphere and, despite the Cajun theme, you still get a good dose of local La Crosse hospitality and Wisconsin culture. The Cajun inspired food is just a bonus. If you're like me (casual and curious), you will enjoy Buzzard Billy's.

Visited July 2014
Woodstock, Illinois
“Fun name, fun food!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our group of four wanted a quick bite after a Mississippi River tour on the La Crosse Queen and before heading over to watch the Highland Games at Irish Fest on August 9th. After consulting Trip Advisor for a nearby pub we could walk to, we settled on Buzzard Billy's on Pearl Street.
We started with their Big Joe W's Beer Cheese Soup (because we ALWAYS order beer cheese soup when on the menu). It was VERY good! Our friends ordered a shrimp poboy and the big fat chicken quesadilla. They were pleased with their choices. We shared a muffuletta with the fries which we enjoyed, but, in retrospect, I would have liked a little more olive tapenade on it.
Overall, we enjoyed the tasty meal and appreciated the waiter's effort to serve us quickly so we could make it to see the caber toss at the Highland Games.

lacrosse
“Overrated”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I heard from co workers that Buzzard Billys had "amazing" food, so when my brother came to visit i suggested we go there. What a disappointment, burgers as well as other food items overcooked, a almost burnt and for the 100 plus dollars spent we could have had a better dinner for seven anywhere else. I won't be recommending this restaurant to anyone I like.

3 Thank lilm4m439