“Wonderful Staff and Hotel!!”

Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Staff and Hotel!!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just got back from a long weekend and Settle Inn helped make the weekend wonderful and fun!!!! The staff worked well with me-I booked a block of rooms for our dance team and parents. I had to change our reservations a couple of times and each time I called, they were VERY helpful!! Everyone was sooo nice to us and treated the team well. The lady that helped with the breakfast was out and about, making sure things were restocked and plenty of cleaning going on. There were at least 2 dance teams and lots of people. All the staff acted like each person was special and that they were glad that we were there. The housekeeping staff was VERY understanding of all the girls everywhere and gave us extra towels and toiletries when needed. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable. The pool was a nice size and we parents had plenty of room as well. We were even able to practice our routine in the pool and the girls had a blast!!! We will come back as a team and I will as an individual!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ruthiekp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Northern Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I've written a review on this hotel before. My husband and I have stayed here a few times now, and it has been a great experience every time. The rooms and bathrooms have always been clean. The staff is great - very friendly and accommodating. The pool and hot tub were really nice, and the pool was pleasantly warm. There were 2 high school bands and a high school basketball team staying at the hotel at the same time during our last stay. The staff made sure that we were in a room on the end of a hall on the second floor. There were still a lot of kids, but we were in the best possible place. It'll be the place we stay next time!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank glad2bhome4
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The Settle Inn La Crosse is the friendliest hotel I have ever stayed. I flew into La Crosse to spend 1 night by myself waiting for family in another town to drive me the following day to a wedding in Decorah Iowa. The assistant manager picked me up at the airport. He put me in a room which was clean and quiet and away from the wrestling team which was staying there. I never heard them at all! The staff were so accommodating and friendly. As a single woman, I felt very safe in this hotel. The breakfast was delicious with many healthy selections - oatmeal, yogurt , hard boiled eggs, juices and coffee and tea, but also great pastries and make your own waffles and various cereals. Apples and oranges and coffee and tea were out all day long to snack. The exercise room was perfect for me with treadmill and weights. The pool and hot tub looked wonderful, but I did not use these facilities.
The Settle Inn La Crosse was my home away from home for a night! I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting La Crosse. It is a great bang for your buck. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kathleen L
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Very good location. Close to the interstate but also close to shopping and downtown. Staff is very friendly courteous and helpful. the breakfast isn't fancy but its filling.new workout facility looked promising although i didn't use it.

Room Tip: First floor is best
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeffrey B
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We needed a place to stay after an event at the university. This hotel is not right next to the university though. Very nice. Rooms were very clean. They have soup in the evening and a nice breakfast. The pool looked clean. The staff was friendly.

I would recommend them for a pleasant stay in La Crosse.

Room Tip: We did no hear any traffic from the main road. All are far enough away that I don't think that...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joelwx39
Greenfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My wife and I found Settle Inn La Crosse a great place to stay. We stayed there on 11/16/2013 for the night. We found our room very neat and clean. The supply of coffee was good. The king size bed had very clean linens and 5 pillows. The swimming pool was heated and clean, there was a hot tub by the pool but we didn't try it. The breakfast on Sunday moring was great. There was a wide variety of food and drinks, (not just donuts and coffee like other places). A waitress was there to make waffles if you wanted them and clean the tables in the dining area. The staff was frendily and helpful. There is no elevator at this motel, for us it wasn't an issue. My wife and I are giving Settle Inn La Crosse a rating of 5 stars and will definitally stay there again in the future. Just a little footnote, the restaurant just next door has great service, fast and a wide selection of delicious food.

Room Tip: We had a room with a king size bed on the second floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Roger B
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Settle Inn was a bit of a disappointment. Everything was small. The beds were small, the coffee maker was small, the soap was small, the TV was small. This was billed as 2 full size beds, but one of the beds had a full-size mattresss and spring on top of a twin platform. It wasn't stabile. There was a musty odor in some of the hallways and the pool was closed. They told us that the chlorine level was too high in the pool. The pillows were not comfortable - they were stuffed with lumpy foam bits. The price was low, but you can do much better for a similar price at other facilities in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family