“Great value for the price and very clean”

Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Hillsboro, WI
“Great value for the price and very clean”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was doing a quick overnight trip and just needed a place for one night. The Settle Inn is a great choice for those looking for clean yet professional accommodations.

The location is very good; not far from downtown and near several restaurants, notably Eduardo's (highly recommended). The room was very clean, the linens bright white with thirsty towels. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I didn't try the free continental breakfast or the pool but both looked perfectly acceptable. The bed was fine, though the mattress does need to be replaced (squeaky but still firm).

My room faced the back, and I have to say that I slept better here than in the hotel that cost twice as much on my last visit to La Crosse. It was very quiet and the curtain covered the window completely.

The only downside for me was that there was not an elevator, and I have heel pain that is exacerbated by stairs. The staff quickly offered to change my room, but for this short stay I felt that I could handle it.

I highly recommend the Settle Inn. They appear to be regionally owned, and while I do like my rewards programs sometimes it is nice to support smaller businesses.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 April 2014

It was perfect. Clean, comfortable, quiet, Convenient location to everything. Great price, and a continental for a bonus. I'll be back. Front desk people very polite. I would recommend this for everyone.

Room Tip: Always go for the king bed.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mariesummer123
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a high school event and chose the Settle Inn to stay. What a pleasant surprise the staff were super nice and went over and beyond to accommodate our group. The hotel was very clean and well kept and did I say how friendly their staff was? Don't expect first class upscale accommodations but for the price it was certainly earns 4 stars.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank knyosh
New Berlin, WI
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We've stayed here three times in the past two years. Clean lobby. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Good water pressure in the shower. Not exceptionally large rooms but we knew that. Good complimentary breakfast. Free WiFi internet. Has an indoor pool though we never used it. Family restaurant right next door. Convenient--One minute off of the freeway and a couple minutes from downtown and UW-LaX. What can I say--we went there once in early 2013 and have been back twice since. Nice hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank two2450
Milwaukee WI
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I received a very friendly welcome at the front desk when I arrived. The room and bathroom were very clean. The room was small, but as I was traveling alone, it was all I needed, and it was very cozy. Nice hot shower. The breakfast room was above average, and the breakfast was average. My one complaint this that I had to walk past smokers who were huddled by the entry way. Several times at a rear door as I was unloading my luggage, and once at the front entrance. Others have commented on the pillows - there were rather lumpy, but I always bring my own pillow anyway.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank lchwfb
Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The motel smelled very clean when we entered,friendly staff! once to our room we were very pleased with the cleanliness and how quiet it was. The location was a bonus being close to the family resturaunt and pizza hut....We planned on staying one night but enjoyed our stay so much we stayed another..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank couleecountrystyles
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just got back from a long weekend and Settle Inn helped make the weekend wonderful and fun!!!! The staff worked well with me-I booked a block of rooms for our dance team and parents. I had to change our reservations a couple of times and each time I called, they were VERY helpful!! Everyone was sooo nice to us and treated the team well. The lady that helped with the breakfast was out and about, making sure things were restocked and plenty of cleaning going on. There were at least 2 dance teams and lots of people. All the staff acted like each person was special and that they were glad that we were there. The housekeeping staff was VERY understanding of all the girls everywhere and gave us extra towels and toiletries when needed. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable. The pool was a nice size and we parents had plenty of room as well. We were even able to practice our routine in the pool and the girls had a blast!!! We will come back as a team and I will as an individual!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business