“Nice Smaller Venue, Very Pleasant”

Radisson Hotel La Crosse
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a smaller hotel which is easy to navigate. Parking is good and convenient. Staff seemed willing to help and at a banquet, they were attentive and highly aware of any needs of the participants. I did have a small issue concerning a specific room noise problem but heard back quickly from the director. Such responsiveness encourages me to return. Rooms are nice sized, clean, and beds are great. I love having a host of pillows - I used all of them. Complimentary water and coffee. The shopping area is within walking distance. There are interesting antique and some boutique shops that are really nice - but it just seemed to me that the majority of businesses are student-oriented bars.There's such a heavy concentration of drinking establishments - and so near that huge river. The access road into this hotel from the downtown highway is a bit scarey. With all the publicity for their (the city) waterfront useage and the stunning beauty of this hotel's actual location on the water, the winding entrance past decayed, dirty and run-down buildings lining the roadway make you wonder where in the (third) world you are. LaCrosse:do something about that.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear squirt5,

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Hotel La Crosse, we are all thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We have a downtown association that continues to work hard at keeping La Crosse fresh and vibrant, there have been many new businesses that have opened in recent times and more in the works. It really is a beautiful little community with so much to offer. I am sorry that it didn't meet all of your expectations---make sure you come back down in the summer, when the parks are lush, flower pots planted, etc.

I hope we can be of service to you for future trips, until then safe travels and thanks for your review!

Kind regards,

Pete Boese, general manager, 608-793-5000

Write a ReviewReviews (1,117)

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My wife and I had a rare night off of parenting (Grandparents wanted time with their grandchildren) so we escaped for a last minute out of town romantic overnight date. With hopes of a nice dinner, movie, and a hot tub we started searching online for a hotel. We found the web site for this hotel and being right on the river with a bar, restraunt, and hot tub is was a done deal. Just what we were looking for. We made our reservation online. We were greeted upon checkin by very friendly staff! While checking in we were informed that the hot tub was down for maintenance/repairs. Sigh! It was too late to find someplace else in the area that had openings and a working hot tub. Our room was very clean. The front desk was very friendly. We headed out to dinner and a movie and came back to the hotel. We would have loved to step into the hot tub but it just wasnt in the cards this time. Overall we wont complain. The friendliness of the staff was a huge win for the hotel. It was a bit of a bummer that the hot tub wasnt working. We probably would have picked a different hotel had that been indicated on the web site when we booked the room. As parents, you only get a child free / worry free night once in a great while :)

Room Tip: Everything at this hotel was great (with exception of the hot tub being down which was a huge disapp...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear RKJMosher,

Please accept my most sincere apologies that our hot tub was out of service this past weekend. It is very disappointing when you are looking forward to that amenity and it is not available. The issue happened very last minute and we were not able to react as well as we could have with notifying our guests. The new parts were installed yesterday and the tub is warming up nicely now. I know that kidless nights are priceless and I am sorry that your escape wasn't as great at it could have been.

I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and I am hopeful that we can have the opportunity to be of service to you again. Please feel free to contact me directly should your travel plans include another trip down the river, I want to make sure you are well taken care of.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and safe travels until we see you again.

Pete Boese, general manager, 608-793-5000, pete.boese@radisson.com

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I had recently booked and paid in full for a 3 night stay at this hotel for a tattoo convention. The convention ended up being cancelled and when I tried to cancel my room 20+ days in advance they were only willing to refund me 2 of the 3 nights. That was 2 weeks ago. still haven't been refunded a dime. Their management seems to have some weakness and isn't competent at their job. Been getting nothing but the run around. Looks like a nice hotel but their cancellation policy is undefined and not clear to the consumer. Just a warning. If you have to cancel after booking your rom you will lose your money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Corporate at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We take the time to listen to your comments, so we can continually improve our services.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed here 3 nights in September. Everything was very nice, employees couldn't have been more helpful & responsive for several things that came up, and had no problem with the internet, which was fast. The west side of the hotel overlooks the Mississippi and the beautiful riverfront they've developed. The east side faces the downtown area, some of which is old buildings which have been brought to life again as unique restaurants, shops, etc. Within walking distance, there are many places to eat, from Subway to places unique to LaCrosse. Lots of little stores, too, if you're interested in shopping. Parking is free, a huge bonus to staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank KatrinaJB
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear KatrinaJB,

Good morning and thank you for your review of the Radisson Hotel La Crosse. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your time in La Crosse and that you were able to utilize so much of what this delightful little city offers. Thank you for recognizing our staff as well, I am very proud to work with so many talented and dedicated people.

I see that you were with us last September, as I look out my window I see a completely iced over Mississippi river and snow everywhere----I can't wait for spring, it has been a long winter here. Come back for an early summer visit and enjoy the bright green colors of the bluffs.

Until we do see you again, safe travels,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Snagged a Plaza Club room facing the Mississippi River for Valentines Day. Easy and quick check in. They provide adult refreshments and snacks for the Plaza Club each evening. Continental breakfast in the morning. Good value for some of the nicest rooms in La Crosse.

Room Tip: Stay in the Plaza Club level...worth the extra dollars.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dasbeak
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Dasbeak,

Sounds like you had a nice Valentine's Day! I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay on our plaza level and that you were able to enjoy the view of the river as well. It is so interesting to see the might Mississippi river frozen over, you forget what it is normally like. There was a polar plunge in it today and they said the ice was 20 inches thick.

Please come back and visit us in the summer time, you will enjoy the view even more. Thank you for your review and until we see you again, safe travels.

Best,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Nice hotel. I am a travel agent and wanted to check out the facility. Front desk was helpful but very busy so to have more than 1 or 2 at the desk would be great, especially as they are always booked with some kind of group. Nice parking, complimentary. The club lounge/7th floor is nice. Great workers up there. The rooms are small, but nice...liked the beds, too. Only thing is that the rooms were very hot. We couldn't adjust the temps, which made sleeping for our daughter, in the next room, difficult. I did read that the hotel is working on updating this situation. It would also be nice to have a restroom on 7th floor, for clients at the lounge, but not too bad going back to room for bathroom breaks. Check your bill before you leave as we were charged for our pet on the second room, and pet wasn't in that room at all...simple to get taken care of by front desk. I'll recommend this hotel and plan on returning soon.

Room Tip: king rooms are on one side of hotel/pool 2 beds are on other side/city view/lake
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sunseektr
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear sunseektr,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson La Crosse Hotel, we are pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you were not able to better control your heating unit in the room. We are working hard at fixing this problem and have a couple more floors to finish. I also see that we made a mistake on your room bill, but were able to correct that effectively. We will work with our front desk staff to ensure they are paying more attention to room billing details.

We will look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for future stays. Thank you again for your comments.

Safe travels until we see you again,

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The first front desk staffer got distracted with a personal phone call and walked off her station. A second staffer had to come and complete my registration.
Once I may room I noticed a used towel hanging on a hook on the backside of the bathroom door.
Other than those 2 minor glitches everything else was Radisson quality. Bed was excellent. Room super clean. Bathroom was spotless.
Facility was clean, bright and well maintained. A huge plus is their parking lot in the downtown area of La Crosse where parking is severely limited. The skywalk to La Crosse Center another plus.
Most definitely will be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear James Z,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Hotel La Crosse, we appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to let us know how we are performing. I apologize for the less than adequate service you received at the front desk while you were checking in. I will review our procedures with the desk staff to ensure they are offering undivided attention to the guests standing in front of them. I will also share your comments with our housekeeping staff so they can remember to focus on the details and not miss something as critical as a used towel.

I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay here and that the minor distractions didn't deter too much from your visit. Again, I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention so we can work on improving our operation.

Safe travels until your next visit,