Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse
Econo Lodge(La Crosse)
Quality Inn(La Crosse)
Comfort Inn(Onalaska)
View Hotel
All reviewshuge lobbyclean roomsstayed nightsmotelmicrowavewiriver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Our room was not the room we booked. We were supposed to have a 3 dbl bd mini suite and what we got was a small disgusting room with 3 beds shoved in it-no coffee maker,no couch,no screen in the window,bedding was at least as old as the hotel. Bathroom was smallest I have ever seen. Front desk guy was rude and had an attitude. Would not honor my value club card since he said I already got a "discounted " rate on the internet. Hello... I booked the room on your website dumba...! Did not care that we did not receive the room we booked. Apparently they have 2 rooms with 3 dbl beds and I'm assuming we got the crappy one.I sent an email to the contact us link on the website and got a reply from whoever owns these hotels and they were going to forward my complaint to the hotel and the property owner is required to reply directly to my complaint. Well it has been a week and I have not heard from anyone. I will never stay at this hotel again nor will I recommend to anyone. I would like to say that the front desk person in the am was very polite and a maintenance person did come up to replace the screen in our window since another employee looked up and noticed us looking out the window with no screen. Worst hotel stay ever.

Room Tip: None-stay away. Far,far away. There are many decent hotels on rose st. to stay at.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lcarroll089
Reviewed 25 October 2011

At $54 / night walk-in rate, how could we complain? The room was dingy and small, but nothing really wrong with it. They went all-out in the lobby with Halloween decorations, which made my kids' day. Breakfast was unremarkable but fine.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I had stayed at the America's Best Value Inn because my son's hockey team had a tournament in Onalaska. The entire team was actually there since we had made a group reservation, and we were very impressed. The lobby and breakfast room are very spacious which came in handy when the entire team wanted to get together to head over to the rink. They also have a large meeting room that we used for a reasonable price so that we could all have our celebratory pizza after the boys had won! We had about 16 boys running around acting like maniacs, and the staff was VERY patient with them. Not once did they get aggravated, or lose their patients which is really impressive when dealing with 12-year-old boys! Our rooms were spacious and clean, and they also have a guest laundry area! The team had a great weekend at the America's Best Value Inn!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2011

The dirtiest hotel I have been to. Only stopped because our camping trip got rained out. We slept with our clothes on!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Divna M, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Lisa

Reviewed 10 August 2011

This is one of those hotels that you end up in at 10 or 11 at night when you don't have a reservation and everything else is booked up. The kind of place you pay your money and take your chance...
Just take what you need to go to bed and get up with in the morning, brush your teeth and head on down the road. And just tell yourself, it was better than sleeping in your car-unless you have a really nice car with heated leather seats etc.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business