“Clean and quiet”

Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed 7 May 2014

clean and quiet; older facility, but kept in satisfactory condition; no problems during our overnight stay; fast food, Walgreens and fast food nearby; easy to reach off interstate; waffles for breakfast--yum!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ron S
Divna M, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Our Dear Guest,

thank you for taking time of your busy schedule to write this nice comment about your stay in our motel. I am very glad that we met your expectations. Looking forward to have you as our guest in the future.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had to write about lobby in this motel-never've seen bigger in any motel unless we stayed in resorts . We traveled with basketball team and Manager offered us lobby for the team get together. Didn't ask us to pay extra. We had a great day, won most of our games and evening was just a pleasure since we all just set down and relaxed. We stayed until late and nobody payed any attention on us being little louder. We talked to Manager in the morning and she explained us that lobby is positioned favorable to the rooms so sound doesn't travel. That was kind of relief since in most motels we are shushed down most of the times or chased in our rooms pass quite hours. Just had to share with all sport's group our there. Place doesn't have the pool but our Coach doesn't let kids use it any how because of the games.
We know where to stay when we come back in La Crosse!
Yes on the top of this the rooms are clean, breakfast is nice and people are super nice.
For sure place to come back to.

Room Tip: They do have rooms with 3 beds.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Our Dear Guest,

thank you for taking time of your busy schedule to write this nice comment about your stay in our motel. I am very glad that we've met your expectations. Having the specious lobby sure helps to meet our guest's needs and we love seeing happy customers. Your team was pleasure to have in our property-great kids and parents. Many thanks for all the nice comments from Americas Best Value Inn -La Crosse staff. Looking forward to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

That is totally me, I can care less for pool or hut tub. Don't use one even if they have it, I just know that price goes up soon as they are on the property. This place is clean, nice and accomodating-all what I need when I travel.

Room Tip: 300's are nicer rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Linda M

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I don't travel very often and front desk person offering the upgrade really surprised me. I did take it gratefully and loved the room. Very happy with cleanliness of the property, people smiling and being super nice threw the stay. Room had microwave and frig, iron and ironing board, coffee maker-couldn't complain on anything. Breakfast was also nice. Will stay again whenever I am visiting the family in Holmen.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms by music store.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank minella l

Our Dear Guest,

Looking forward to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The price could not be beat. $40 a night is a great price in La Crosse, which in my experience generally has higher than average room rates for a city of its size. The rooms were not new, but they were clean and everything worked. The breakfast was good and had a waffle maker. The front desk kept breakfast open past 9am for my kids to get a few more items.

The front desk has a phone and you press Zero and someone will come to the desk. When I got there, the person was in the office. No problems checking in. At first they gave me the wrong room. I reserved two twins but got one twin. They quickly moved me to the correct room.

But again this is one of those hotels that provide that ridiculous room safe that no one uses and then they tack on a $1.50 or $2 daily fee. Most hotels allow you to ask for a refund. Not this one. I asked and they told me it was not refundable because they have to pay the safe company. Well I didn't believe the story about the safe company. Yes I find this irritating. If you need the revenue, then charge $1.50 more a day. I would have been more than happy to pay it.

So overall a good place to stay. The room safe fee just tarnishes the reputation of the place in my opinion.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PoliticalTraveler

Our Dear Guest ,

thank you very much for taking time of your busy schedule to write about your stay in our motel. I am glad that you found most of your stay satisfactory. Thank your for letting us know about the issue with extra charges. Please be assured that the comment will be noted and I do thank you for writing about it. Looking forward to help you with any future accommodations.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We arrived about 6 pm on a Friday night and found no one at the front desk. We waited several minutes then decided to try calling, hoping someone would come and answer the phone. No one did even tho we could hear somebody in the room behind the counter. We even tried knocking on the office door with no result. After about 10 minutes 2 girls walked out. No apology was made for the wait. We had reservations otherwise we would have left. There were other people in line besides us waiting to check in who were commenting about why no one was coming to wait on any of us. The rooms had an odd smell and the bathroom was tiny . It was hard to sleep because it sounded like elephants stomping around above us all night. The halls were dingy and I observed someone walking around smoking in the hall even though it's a no smoking facility. The breakfast was skimpy and below par compared to other chains we stay at in the same price bracket. One good thing, the bed was comfortable, too bad it was too noisy to sleep.

Room Tip: Choose another motel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeanee M

Our dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time of your busy schedule to write the comment about your stay. I am very sorry that we, as property didn't meet your expectations. I assure you that all the comments are noted and I will make sure that issues will be corrected. Thank you again.
Sincerely ,

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Rented King size room Friday night and everything was just great. Loved the price, got the 10% discount and had a very nice room. Breakfast was very nice also. We will recommend this place to family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monica S

Our dear quest,
thank you for taking time of your busy schedule to write the comment about your stay. We are very happy that we met your expectations and didn't let you down. Looking forward to help you with your future stay.