“Hotel has issues”
Review of Super 8 La Crosse

Super 8 La Crosse
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was pleased with the service right from the start. We had requested a first floor room and when we checked in (early) they had no first floor rooms left so she upgraded us to a first floor suite. The suite was nothing special, but the extra space was nice and my 6yr old loved the in suite whirlpool. However there were a few minor things in the room, we found a bottle of soda behind the curtains, a pair of socks between a fairly large space between the desk and wall and a razor cover on the floor. Not huge cleanliness issue, but not exciting to find. Otherwise our room was quite clean and nice. This is an older property and they have upgraded it some, but it could use a little bit more and I probably would rate it better. The pool area is huge for a hotel of this size, there is a big hot tub and very nice pool, with tables and chairs as well as lounge chairs. We spent 5 hours of our stay in the pool area. All in all not a bad place and I would stay again it was a good value, they just could improve a bit on housekeeping.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize that there were some cleanliness issues you experienced, and I will be sure to have our executive housekeeper look into that so that it does not continue to be an issue. We are so pleased that you enjoyed other aspects of your stay, and we hope to see you again in the future!
Madison
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Didn't see the newly renovated posted by a previous reviewer - unless we were in an older section. It was clean enough and on the dingy side but as one reviewer said, it is a budget hotel. We also were on a side of a building where there were a lot of noises, probably the same dumpster noted by another reviewer and our wall mounted heater was very noisy all night. I was also put up by the group I was speaking for and due to snow issues, arrived early 4:30 - partner and I brought our laptops with plans to work the extra hours we were there. The INTERNET SUCKED! In this day and age, working internet, especially for business travelers should be a given. It never improved and we lost a lot of work time and became stressed over the poor performance - we shouldn't have had to seek out another site to use the internet. Complaints to the front desk got no satisfaction. There was no improvement the next day. As a business traveler, I would never stay there again on that basis alone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
EMielkeGM, General Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry that the internet was not working properly during your stay. Please know that we have since had our maintenance department re-set the access point near that area of the building, and it appears to be functioning properly now. I understand that that can be a frustrating experience when you're at a hotel, and we wanted to ensure that it did not continue to be an issue. We hope to see you again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these La Crosse hotels

Athens
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The walls are paper thin!! I called down to the front desk at 12:30am complaining of people talking loudly and room doors slamming. She said she would check it out but did NOTHING, by now it is 1:30 am and I have been trying to fall asleep since 11. Two other times through the night doors were slamming and people running up and down the hall. We had to be up by 6. Got little sleep. The rooms were clean, pool and Jacuzzi were clean. Didn't do the breakfast because I just wanted to get out of there. The lady that checked us in was very polite but the ladies checking didn't seem to care. Never asked how my stay was. This is the second year giving this hotel a chance. Last year was the same but it was outside noise not inside noise. Needless to say I will never stay here again and WILL NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There isn't any room that would be quiet enough for you. I had one on the south lower level and...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
EMielkeGM, Manager at Super 8 La Crosse, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit feedback from your stay. I apologize that you did not get a good night's sleep while staying with us. We know that a good night's sleep is the most important part of a hotel stay, so I apologize that we were not able to provide that for you this time. I will certainly follow up with our front desk staff to ensure that they are taking the necessary actions to prevent this from happening again. Thank you once again, and we do hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.