“Disappointed”

Add it.
Yoko's House
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Took my mom there as a suprise for her birthday. What a disaster. It took forever to be waited on, even though we were the only people in the restaurant!!! Wanted to do the hibachi grill, which was fun. Biggest disappointment is they charge you an and a leg for dinner and you don't get enough food to even half fill you up. Would never go again.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

I wanted to like this place so much. I love sushi and would like to regularly eat it close to home. I first have to say that I enjoyed the fish. It really was quite good. HOWEVER, quite frankly I was so disappointed with the service that I will probably not return. It didn't take long for us to be seated, but once we were we rarely saw our server. We sat for a long periods of time with empty drinks. (When people at a restaurant WANT to buy more alcohol, it shouldn't be so very difficult.)
By observation (we had a lot of time to sit and watch), the service in general appeared to be very disorganized and chaotic. I hear this from so many people I can't give an excuse for a possible short-staffed night.
In addition to all of that, one of the servers was wearing flip-flops, an obvious health code violation. That tipped the scale for me.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

Service: fast and friendly

Food: when you only have 1 or 2 sushi options in town, you tend to like the sushi options you have. Is it the freshest sushi ever? No. Is it the most innovative sushi ever? No. But it's solid, the prices are good, and it's a locally owned downtown business in a pretty, old building. I'm generally not a fan of hibachi anyway, so I won't comment much on it other than to say I've tried Yoko's twice, and it was fine. Just fine. In my opinion, a tad overpriced.

Downfalls: you will smell like cooking oil when you leave here, so this might not be the spot for a romantic night out or a night when you have other big plans afterward.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

I usually do not give negative reviews but I ate here almost a year ago, decided to give them another try. They were just as confused as before. We had reservations, had us wait for almost 45 minutes. There were people at two tables waiting for their checks for almost 30 minutes. Our chef was boring, the other table was cheering having a great time. The food was fine but this is all about the experience, timing and entertainment that is why you go to teppanyaki restaurant. Sad this was our anniversary dinner with the kids, hoping to have fun instead it was a flop.

2  Thank withvalidity
Reviewed 21 February 2010

I try to go to Yoko's House at least once a month for some sushi. They have great food but the service could be a bit better, I've gotten use to it since I've been there often. I have gone for the hibachi several times and love it as well. Whether it be for sushi or hibachi I recommend Yoko's House :) The sushi roll called Yoko's #1 is the BEST!!!

2  Thank Milagro1121