“Great crepes and a cool interior”
Review of The Root Note

The Root Note
Ranked #20 of 202 Restaurants in La Crosse
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great crepes and a cool interior”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife loves crepes so trying here was a no brainer when we saw the hand drawn chalk sign telling us crepes were on the menu. They have savory varieties but we had sweet ones. Both were very good. Don't expect meat in your crepes just an FYI (at least I did not see it on the menu). Even though we went for breakfast I almost ordered off the fairly extensive local? micro? beer list. I had not heard of any of them. It like they had a great venue for bands (small venue) and just a good relaxing place with books and magazine to read. To top it off they let my two and nine year old feed the fish! It is the little things that set places like this apart. We will visit again on our next trip.

• Visited July 2014

Iowa City, Iowa
“Very good crepe.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I stopped in for breakfast and had the banana and nutella crepe. It was ready within minutes and was quite good. The menu is quite limited - only salads and a few crepes.

1 Thank 730jane
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Crepes and coffee”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The crepes were good and big. There was enough variety to suit either sweet or savory lovers. Coffee is good. Pieces are reasonable. Service is okay. Popular place for students to hang out.

• Visited May 2014
Papillion, Nebraska
“Hipster-est place I've ever been”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This place is so hipster. Organic everything. Upcycled cloth napkins. Actual teapots for my tea. A record player that was actually playing records over the loudspeaker. It was adorable and fun. Their crepes are unbeatable. I had the cremlin which was delicious and filling, followed by a cinnamon sugar for dessert. Friends had the banana nutella and lemon - these were incredible. The people are extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Will be sure to visit again next time I'm in La Crosse!

• Visited May 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great place to start your day!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

When in La Crosse, I like to stop at the Root Note for a double espresso to start my adventures downtown. The atmosphere in the coffee shop is quite eclectic, but relaxing and fresh. If you can get the table in the front window, that is the best seat in the house! Can't beat their prices and the coffee is amazing. I have yet to try the crepes, but will be getting one the next time I am there as they look delicious. It's also nice that they have beer as well, which is different from the coffee shops in Minnesota.

• Visited March 2014