“Girl's night out”

Candlewood Suites La Crosse
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Spent only one night, but we loved it! Very comfy beds. Really liked having a little kitchen area, nice to be able to use a real glass and plates (and full size fridge) while in a hotel! The entire hotel was clean and the staff is super friendly and helpful. Loved how close we were to all the fun that downtown La Crosse had to offer! We'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
mrkhughes, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We really enjoy getting feedback from our guests on how well we are doing or how we can improve. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and had fun downtown! I hope you'll be able to visit us again and enjoy La Crosse soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

The Candlewood Suites in La Crosse, Wi was super clean. The beds are very comfortable. As these area extended stay suites, there are refrigerators in the rooms with ice in the freezers. So no noisy ice makers in the hall.
There is a tiddy kitchenette with pots, pans, and even a diswasher. The staff is courteous. Dvds are available at the desk. There is also a pantry fully stocked for items to purchase. I highly recommend this hotel. There is NO pool! Yeah! Close to historic downtown and many restaurants and the River Walk.

Room Tip: The back side ot the hotel has a nice view of a large pond.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We really appreciate any feedback we can get on how we are doing. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in La Crosse. I hope you will see us again when you may be in town again.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We were there for a conference and really enjoyed the room. No pool but they offer a fitness room and board games, and free use of their DVDs (which my daughters enjoyed). The rooms were clean, the bed was very comfortable (very high on my need list) and we stayed in the 1 bedroom suite so the girls had their "quarters" and we had ours. They said their sofa bed was comfortable and they slept well. A real big perk is that I can open the window a bit for some fresh air too:)

Room Tip: No restaurant on board but grocery store is just at end of next door shopping area and the rooms all...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
mrkhughes, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we'll look forward to seeing you again in the future when you may be in La Crosse again.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

The door lock stopped working 6 days in of an 11 day stay. Hotel staff had to let me in my room. The General Manager committed to fixing and didn't until the day before departure. Didn't even offer an apology! I learned from another guest that they had been moved out of the room before I arrived due to issues with the door lock. They weren't fully booked, so why they would give me this room, I have no idea! Only received a form letter from corporate.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, get a room on the top floor because you hear whoever is above you!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear Mark K,

Thank you for the candid review of our property as this will guide us in making the right decisions. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Housekeeping was great, curtis really made me and my wife feel right at home. The staff was very helpful at helping us get around town. I recommend a very awesome stay at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, Wi, bigtexas77

• Stayed: January 2013
mrkhughes, General Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor! We really appreciate any feedback our guests are able to give us. I'm happy Curtis was able to make you feel welcomed at our property. I'm going to pass that on to him. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel one night for work purposes and it was easily the BEST hotel I have ever stayed in. Everything was extremely clean and comfortable. The bed was SUPER comfortable. The hotel room included a full-sized fridge and a stove top. It even included a dishwasher. I wish I could have lived there permanently. The location was perfect. With the Festival grocery store 1 block away and a bunch of highly rated grocery stores within a 5 minute drive, finding places to eat is pretty easy. I can't emphasize how CLEAN the hotel well. You usually don't get that in a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor! We really like to get any feedback on how we're doing and what we do well and anything we may need to improve on. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself while you were with us. To say that we are the best hotel you ever stayed at is such a huge compliment and I will let our housekeeping staff know that the work they do is appreciated and recognized by our guests. We also really like having the grocery store next door. It makes things a lot more convenient for everyone. We look forward to seeing you if you may be staying in La Crosse again in the future.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We were in a bind as we didn't know of a good place to stay in La Crosse. We usually stay with family but it was going to be packed with family for a funeral. I was quoted a good rate. We arrived yesterday afternoon and our car acted up the minute we pulled into to parking lot. I went in to register and the young man behind the counter could see something was wrong and he helped me out immensely, looking up car places for us to call. He didn't have to do that. I went to the room which was very clean, neat and relaxing. The car was repaired, went to visitation and came back to a nice quiet night at Candlewood. I highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor! We really appreciate hearing any feedback our guests may have on how we are doing. I'm sorry you had to stay with us under the circumstances you did but am glad you were able to relax and rest up. We're more than happy to assist with any issues there may be even if it is car related and like to help our guests in any way we are able. I hope you'll think of us if you're ever in the La Crosse area again. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience!