“Holiday In La Crosse”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Rochester, MN
“Holiday In La Crosse”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here for a 1 day get away last week. I booked from my phone with my government discount the night before we went. Couldn't have been easier. Great rate. The front desk staff was very polite, and check was very speedy. Parking was a breeze as well. There were spots right in front of the hotel we could have used, but we parked in the ramp right next door which is attached to the hotel. Parking is $5. Hard to beat that. The entrance to the hotel from the ramp was right behind my Jeep. Room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The pool and hot tub seemed clean, but you can never really tell in a hotel. Needless to say after hitting downtown
La Crosse on a Friday night, we didn't care and still went in the hot tube. Overall, great place to stay, great rates, and great service. We didn't check out the restaurant they have there, but from looking in it looked nice.

Room Tip: Big Al's pizza is the best in La Crosse. Go drink, and stop there on the way back to the hotel a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Some of the reviews kind of scared me after we booked the hotel through Hotwire. However, the hotel was fine for us! We got connecting rooms with another family with no problem. The rooms were spacious enough. It had a fridge and coffee maker. Two bonuses in my book. The rooms were a little run down, but nothing too bad. The pool was empty both times we used it. The pool temp was a little chilly for the adults, but our kids didn't care. The staff gave each of the four kids a pool toy:). The front desk was cheerful and helpful. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Terrible. I am in the growing majority of people who have had a terrible experience at this hotel. The customer service is the worst I have ever seen. The hotel staff is RUDE and you feel like you're talking to walls. There is no parking provided at the hotel and the paid parking is very inconvenient. There was a man on the street playing a plastic drum in front of one of the local restaurants until 1:30am each night we were there that kept us awake. The "room service" food was also terrible. I asked for a one hour extended checkout and the run around for this standard, simply request was unbelievable! I am in the Platinum category for Holiday Inn and it meant nothing to this rude, unaccommodating staff. I called as a courtesy to request a little extra time...as it happened we left at the 11am check-out time and as I walked down the hallway, I overheard a housekeeper knock on a door and the guest asked for another 30 minutes and the housekeeper said, "no problem". The people I talked to would not extended that courtesy to me....

DO NOT STAY HERE. The Radisson Hotel is located across the street and has plenty of parking and is a great place to stay. We made a mistake by booking this Holiday Inn...NEVER again!

The room was your standard Holiday Inn type room - but the staff, parking and street noise make this a TERRIBLE place to stay.

Room Tip: Go to the Radisson Hotel across the street!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear RodeoDriveCA,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these La Crosse hotels

Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 March 2014

After reading reviews I wasn't sure what to expect. The hotel was great. Everything was clean and it was in a nice location to visit with our daughter in college. Our room was on the 5th floor and it was very quiet and the bed was super comfortable! Parking for $5 doesn't seem like anything to complain about. If you want free parking in the ramp next door on the weekend you just need to drive up another floor. The only complaint I have is that there were a bunch of 20-30 year olds monopolizing the pool area with their beer pong game set up on the few tables that were in there. We got a good Hotwire rate but would not have paid the $140 they were asking for an overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I am not sure how this is ranked 13th of 16th hotels in La Crosse. It is a solid property in the 3 star range with a great downtown location and clean rooms. I would stay here again in an instant if traveling through La Crosse. I found the downtown to be pleasantly nice and was glad I decided to stay over while passing through.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Tim R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed our hotel's location and service, as well as the wonderful La Crosse Downtown! We look forward to your next visit!
Rennes, France
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I spend two nights in early February and overall my stay was satisfying.
The furniture are not so fresh but neat and in a good shape. My room was tidy and clean with a good size bedroom and bathroom. Only weak point was the AC/heating system which I had some minor problem with.
The Internet connection is as usual limited to 2Mbps which can sometimes be annoying.
The hotel is in downtown La Crosse, walking distance from restaurants.
I only had breakfast there although the card is not very inventive the food was good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I made this reservation with (ahem!) reservations because it had some pretty dismal reviews on a few of the travel sites. But because La Crosse was booked pretty tightly for the midterm commencement, Holiday Inn was the only place with two rooms for my family.

While the reviews that parts of the hotel are showing its age are somewhat true, our experience was great. The front desk staff was efficient, helpful, and pleasant. Our rooms were spacious and comfortable. The location was spectacular...right across the street from the graduation venue, and within walking distance from lots of fun night spots.

Yes, the carpet is worn in some of the common areas, and there are some water-marked ceiling tiles in the hallway, but seriously nothing to get worked up about. What mattered to me was that our rooms were clean, our beds were comfortable, the AC/heating system worked without being noisy. I can often be quite a hotel snob, and this one was great, even with my sometimes diva sensibilities.

Reserve w/o worry. The location and hotel are great.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family