“Never again”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Minneapolis
“Never again”
Reviewed 27 October 2006

We stayed here this summer. The room was actually wet. There was so much dampness that I relished being able to leave so that I could feel dry again. There needs to be updates made to this hotel. The service was fine, but the entire hotel was smokey and damp.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
2 Thank phoebecate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 October 2006

Up for annual Oktoberfest events. Rooms had torn wallpaper and broken locks on doors. Management stated they knew about these issues and not to worry they would not charge me for the damage. Staff was swearing at people when they were upset with a door being open and when I tried to contact the hotel manager about issues they never returned my calls. I would never stay with this hotel again as all they try to do is take advantage of the college town. Stay away!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff and accomodations overall
  • Tips/Secrets — Go to another hotel if you know what's good for you!
  • Stayed September 2006
2 Thank Ryan J

Travellers are raving about these La Crosse hotels

Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 October 2006

Our stay at this hotel was o.k. and the woman at the front desk during our stay was wonderful, however when we left some facial lotion in the room and contacted the hotel to try and recover it, the customer service was not only appalling but was the worst experience that I have had ever! I was originally told that they did not have the lotion, then they found it and asked for my credit card info so that they could send it back. I was contacted three times, each time asking for my credit card information and then telling me that it had been sent out to me. On the last call (almost a week after our stay) I was again asked for my credit card info and at this time asked to speak to a manager. The manager, who told me his name was Tim, interrupted me and asked me what my problem was, they were going to send me the lotion and that I should be grateful. Then, when I asked who he reported to, he told me that he was the owner of the hotel and threatened to not send the lotion back at all. He then told me that I had psychotic issues and was hung up on. I have travelled all over the world and have NEVER had a situation as horrible as this!!

Stayed October 2006
2 Thank roxwi
Denver, CO
Reviewed 1 August 2006

The location is excellent, right downtown in LaCrosse. The rooms are average. Skip breakfast, the service is slow, the smoke from the night before lingers, the coffee it stale. The service at the front desk was good. The parking garage is under construction so if you have a lot of luggage be sure to unload it before you park your car. There are a few fun places to eat and drink very close.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — There are plent of places to eat in LaCrosse, so try to have room service for breakfast or go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
Rochester, MN
Reviewed 20 February 2006

I had an incident at this hotel that I feel is relevant to any traveler considering staying - or eating at this hotel. I fairly large group of us where eating lunch at this hotel, when the waitress accidentally switched mine and someone elses orders. I had started eating before the mix up was discovered, so one order needed to be remade. When the bill came, the waitress had charged the other person for both meals (the mistake and the remake), and said that her manager had insisted that she charge someone for the food. When we requested to speak to the manager (the general manager of the hotel). He very rudely insisted that someone in the group pay for the extra food, told us that it was our responsibility to have caught the waitress's mistake, and accused us of trying to scam his restaurant out of a 7.00 pizza, when the whole group must have spent over 100.00 at his restaurant that day. He also threatened to charge it to one of our credit cards to which he already had the numbers. It was unbelieveable. So, In the end I ended up paying for 2 meals when I hadn't even eaten one full meal.

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
11 Thank kneuv
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 March 2004

Very nice smaller hotel. Spotless, well appointed minisuites. Very nice for an HI property. Good location, walking distance to event venues, restauraunts, bars, river, etc. I serve on a University Board and attend regular meetings in La Crosse. This is now my favorite La Crosse hotel.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member