Courtyard La Crosse Downtown/Mississippi Riverfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Charmant Hotel(La Crosse)
View Hotel
All reviewsmississippi rivercourtyard by marriottnice view of the riverwithin walking distancehotel is locatedoutdoor patioroom was cleannice hotelfront desk staffliving areabars and restaurantsnext morninglocation is excellentlacrosse centerhotel roomdefinitely stay here againstaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were so surprised to open the curtain in our room and were facing the Mississippi River. There were patio chairs and tables along the river with a fire pit. Too bad it was too cold (April) to use those. That would be beautiful. Rooms were well decorated, very spacious, and clean. Pool area was nice. Food at the Bistro was good and exactly like a different Courtyard we stayed at so that was familiar to our teenage boys. They asked if we could have dinner at the hotel instead of going out. Staff was very friendly. We were very pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We visited Lacrosse this month for our college Grand daughters concert. Our daughter made the reservations for us at the Marriott. We found the Hotel to be nice but over priced for the amenities it offered. For a king size room @ $140/night in Lacrosse that was relatively small with VERY small bath and lavatory rooms I was disappointed. The hotel did not offer a full service breakfast service and had only limited bar service. We'll make our own reservations next time and I'll bet I find a better value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RonW763
Bradley H, Front Office Manager at Courtyard La Crosse Downtown/Mississippi Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear RonW763,

I would like to thank you for the feedback that you took the time to provide about our hotel. We enjoy the opportunity to hear from our guests so that we can better serve in the future.

We do our best to remain competetively priced with similar hotels in our area. I am sorry that you did not find us to be a good value. I can certainly understand wanting to make sure that you get the most for your money.

Right on the bank of the Mississippi River, we are fortunate to have a location that many of our competetors can not beat. We have a 24 hour fitness center, free wifi, a pool and whirlpool that also overlook the river, and many other amenities; however, we are still a Select Service hotel. This means that there are some things, such as complimentary continental breakfast that we do not offer. As a brand, Courtyard offers the Bistro as our breakfast option. Although it is not complimentary, the Bistro does offer a variety of options for breakfast including pastries, yogurt parfaits, oatmeal with toppings, breakfast sandwiches, and a full plated breakfast options such as our morning scramble or french toast.

We hope you find what you are looking for in a hotel and would love the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Best Regards,
Bradley H.
Front Office Manager at the La Crosse, Wi Courtyard by Marriott

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I had stayed at the property on the Thursday night, preparing for work on Friday. Upon return from work, the snow and ice covered the roads and I was basically "stuck". The staff found me a room, helped me with weather and road conditions for my next day departure. I truly appreciated being assisted by Bradley and his staff. Thanks; I will be returning.

Room Tip: River views are nice...............
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tomfromtown
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I made reservations for my husband and I to get away for a night after we drove up from Chicagoland to do some Army things at Fort McCoy. LaCrosse is only a 30-min drive from Tomah, and I had the Marriott points to use for our stay, so we chose this place site unseen. When I checked in, the staff were so welcoming and upgraded me to the Presidential Suite without asking! I was so happy I could have cried! In all my years of being a Platinum Elite member with Marriott, I had never been upgraded so nicely! The lobby was festively decorated for Christmas and very cozy. The staff encouraged us to see the lights near the river which we did and told us about a sushi place nearby which was also wonderful. The room was enormous! I have stayed in Residence Inns that were smaller than this place! It had a kitchenette, a dining area with a table and 4 chairs, a living room area with a couch and 2 chairs, a work space with a big desk, a full-sized dresser with a big TV, a king bed with another chair near the bed. I think there were 4 huge windows to see the river. Too bad they are so close to the bridge and a factory, but it gave the property some character! The bathroom was huge - had a nice walk-in glass shower. I am not sure what the regular rooms look like, but the Presidential Suite felt like an apartment! The housekeepers were a bit noisy in the hallway at 8 am, but we were already awake. The weather was not very nice - a few inches of snow fell throughout the night followed by icy rain the next morning. The entire time we were there, we never saw wet, dirty flooring in the lobby or in the elevator. This property was sparkling clean! I will stay here again if I am in the area. I can't wait to see what it's like in the Summer!

Room Tip: I had a river view which came with a view of the bridge and factory, but it was not noisy at all.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ArmyNurse2
Bradley H, Front Office Manager at Courtyard La Crosse Downtown/Mississippi Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear ArmyNurse2,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to provide us with this wonderful review. We are so very happy that you chose to stay with us.

Please come again soon,
Bradley H. and the rest of the staff here at the Courtyard in La Crosse, WI.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

My wife & I spent several days here in July/2013 and both of us agree that it was a pleasant stay. We had chosen a river view and we were glad we did, because the views were awesome! The Hotel was quiet when we were in our rooms even though the place was very busy with many people staying there. It is situated in the heart of La Crosse with so many places to visit from restaurants, shopping, river trails, etc. We ate breakfast a couple times at the hotel and the food was very good I must admit, even if it was a few dollars more expensive than normal. The great food was well worth it! Everyone who worked there was nice and the Hotel was recently updated throughout, so the entire Hotel was clean and updated to include our rooms!
No problems and a nice pleasant....you can't ask for much more!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple