“A definite winner!”

Courtyard La Crosse Downtown/Mississippi Riverfront
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed 8 May 2009

You will find the staff incredibly friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is very good, albeit almost exactly the same day after day, so it gets a bit old if you are there for an extended stay. The rooms were nice and clean. I had a two double beds which I haven't seen is quite awhile, but the hotel was booked solid because of our groups and a convention in town. They have coffee available 24/7 and it is really good. No restaurant other than the buffet offerning, but Piggy's across the street offers room service and their food is reasonably priced and incredibly good. I really enjoyed the location next to the river. You can enjoy a lovely walk right outside the door. I was most impressed with their customer service. I highly reccomend.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ruth4090

Reviewed 20 March 2009

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott when my colleagues and I attended the Wisconsin Governor's Conference. Our accomodations were excellent at the hotel, and we had a fine stay (for the little bit of time spent in our rooms.)

After checking out and traveling back to the office, I received a call from the hotel that my watch was found in the room after I checked out. I truly appreciated that my watch was located and I was called about it. I have lost items at other hotels and called to locate them without success. The desk clerk indicated my watch would be sent to me, and I was surprised to find it arrived today. The desk clerk indicated it would take 5 days to get to me, and it arrived in only two.

I truly appreciate the customer service and follow-through of the Courtyard by Marriott in La Crosse. It was a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Courtyard_LSE_GM, General Manager at Courtyard La Crosse Downtown/Mississippi Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2009

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the associates responsible for properly serving you at our hotel. They will be rewarded.

I too learned at the Governor's Conference some new tools in regards to Trip Advisor's travel site and are excited to put new learning's to use to better serve our future guests and Trip advisor viewers.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you come back to our facility in the future!

Warmest regards,

Amy Penchi

Reviewed 12 December 2008

Nice hotel and location on the Mississippi with a very nice staff at the front desk. However, the bathroom needed more thorough cleaning (gotta get around the edges, guys!)

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Freq_traveler_MA
Reviewed 18 November 2008

I stayed at this property for a business trip to La Crosse. My meetings were downtown, so I selected this hotel based on its location and because it was a Marriott.

I arrived at approximately midnight. Check-in was efficient. I had reserved a King room. For $189 a night, in La Crosse, I thought it was pricey. The room was oversized with a king bed and "two person" jetted tub. The tub was in the corner of the room (separate from the bathroom, which also had a shower/tub combination). The room also had a pull-out couch, desk, dresser, and small table with two chairs.

The bed was VERY comfortable. There was a sign on the bed that described "crisp sheets." The sheets were anything but crisp -- in fact I wondered if they had been changed since the last guest.

My room faced the street (rather than the river) as approximately half of the rooms appear to do. There were two windows, through which bright street lights showed. I struggled a bit with the curtains -- the sheers are on the inside!

The HVAC was provided by a window unit. It made intermittant rattling noises. I kicked it a couple of times and it stopped until I was able to fall asleep. I didn't complain because it was midnight.

In general, the room was clean, and the furniture and fixtures were average. It was consistent with what I would expect from a Courtyard. Nonetheless, the price was high. It may have been a supply/demand issue.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Reston10
Reviewed 23 October 2008

Including the outrageous 13.5% tax, we paid $237 for a king suite. When we arrived at the hotel at 5 p.m. our room still wasn't ready for us. When we got to the room, it was unbearably hot. The A/C unit wouldn't stay on long enough to cool the room. Fortunately it was cool that night and we left the window open. The room itself was nice, but the layout was poor. There was no curtain or any way to separate the sleeping area and whirlpool tub from the living area. At night we had to turn the fan back on to cover the noise from another room. Then we were kept awake by a mystery sound, which the next morning I concluded was the constant opening and closing of the dual sets of automatic lobby doors which were right below our room. At breakfast the next morning we got sick of waiting for someone to take our order for cooked to order eggs, and the batter dispenser for waffles was so bad it literally took several minutes to fill a small cup with batter. They were also low or out of several items in the buffet. Nice location, right on the river, but they could improve a few things. Would probably stay somewhere else if I was in La Crosse again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Morgman
Reviewed 10 August 2008

I cannot say enough about this hotel... I will recommend it to anyone I know going to La Crosse. The staff is probably the most compatent staff I've ever experienced. From the front desk to the maid service to the bartender, everyone was friendly and helpful. The hotel sparkles - usually you can find a corner in the bathroom or someplace in the room that is a little "unclean". Not in our room! The decorating was very pleasant, the bed was comfortable and the bedding was soft and fresh smelling. We had a king room with a whirlpool and everything ran properly, there was plenty of hot water and you could see the TV from the tub (yay!) The view from our room (#321) was phenominal. This is the only hotel (that I could see) on the river. Sometimes you can hear the boats, but I really liked that. The hotel also has a full bar with appetizers in the lobby and you can sit out on the patio right alongside the river. It was just a joy to stay there - we will definately go again.
If there is a downfall, it's the location. If you want to walk to downtown, it is about 3-4 blocks away. But if you're willing to walk, it's no big deal. It certainly wasn't to us. I actually think the location is more of a bonus because it's quiet, secluded and right on the river.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marne
Reviewed 4 July 2008

Nice location, down by the Mississippi, but a bit of a walk to the Riverside Park and the centre of town. Spacious room (king jacuzzi suite on first floor) - but disappointing that we were unable to open the French doors leading to the grass by the river. We enjoyed room-service from Piggy's restaurant (excellent food; huge portions) and breakfast (included in our room rate) was adequate.

• Stayed: June 2008