“Terrible Terrible Hotel”

Econo Lodge La Crosse
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed 12 June 2010

This is the worst hotel I have stayed at perhaps ever.
Very loud. The beds are almost on the floor and the comfort of sleeping on a price of plywood
worst of all though when I cplained about the noise, tattoo mullet man at the desk first told me there was nothing he could do, then stopped answering my calls altogether.
I called the next morning to speak to the general manager who again initially refused to call me back, then told mr there wad nothing he could do
Inexcusable. I would rather sleep in my car than stay at a place with customer service like that

Reviewed 1 June 2010

I booked this hotel last minute over the internet. We arrived around 5 pm and received our room within minutes. We were helped by Shon. He was very attentive to all of our questions. He mapquest'd our route to a nearby restuarant, gave us warm cookies he had just baked, and when we jokingly said that milk would be nice to dunk our cookies in, he brought us 2 glasses of milk...WOW, that IS GREAT customer service!

Whoever wrote a bad review about this hotel must be nuts. You can't beat the price. I tried looking for faults in and around the hotel but found none. The room was clean, contained a frig. and the bathroom was nicely stocked.

The hotel is near restuarants and gas stations.

A waffle maker was available for breakfast and the attendant kept breakfast items stocked and tables clean.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2010

This place is terrible. Just do yourself a favor and go on to the next listing.
I checked in at about 10:30 and about 11:00 PM the noise in the hall was way beyond what anyone could sleep in.
I called the desk and told them to do something. He said he was too busy.
I called back shortly and said if he didn't do something I would call the police. He said "Go ahead, they won't do anything either"
I finally left and went to a hotel down the street. Very nice place. (There are a ton of hotels up and down that street)
I called the next day to talk to the manager and he said I could not get even a partial refund and that was it.
I originally billed it through HotWire and the charge cleared and a day later the Econo Lodge charged me again.
I called HotWire and they called the hotel who denied that they had charged me again.
I finally had to send banking records to prove they tried to charge me twice for the same 90 minutes I spent there!

Don't even consider it!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2009

well lets start off by telling you that the hotel was dirty, you had to pay up front, and rude clerks, than when you leave this nasty place that the housekeepers like to rumage your room. my girlfriend and I stayed thier for one night. it cost alot for less than 24 hr that we where there. we checked out at the requried time. no more than 30 mins later i had realized my wallet was missing. so i call up and mr tatoo at the front desk told me no one was in my room yet. Great right..wrong i got there and my room was already fliped the house keepers been thru there and i was told that no wallet was thier. well this is where the lieing started. i searched high and low went thru every place i had been in the last hour no wallet. so we checked the garbage that was from our room well it consist of 5 or more diffrent rooms of garbage. well i went thru all that and did not even find anything remotely close to our garbage. than the guy tells me that " our housekeepers have been here along time" . I started to get irate and he told me he has only been here a couple of days. { i smell a lier } and was told that the manger would be in tomarrow, and she would answer any questions i had. well called up that monday and "he" was in meetings so first whos the manger,and why cant i get a staright answer. i been dealing with them for a month now still no luck. i have had lost of trouble getting my new employer to let me slide till my proper id's get replaced. i had a 120 in cash and credit card's in their. thank god they have not been used!! this hotel is a bunch of liers and thief's. you'll be sorry if you stay here

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I booked the room early for our stay in Sept. We are food concessionairs and had a booth at Oktoberfest. Upon check in the trouble with this place began. We had booked the room for 11 nights and at check in were informed that we needed to pay up front for our entire stay. I asked the clerk why this information was not given to us when the room was booked back in July? Like there were any rooms available now for 11 nights...No response, the clerk agreed to let us into our room without paying anything up front and we would need to talk to the owner/manager to work something out. I gave them my cell number so he could call...he never did and 3 days later we were locked out of our room. We had to pay them to let us in our room at 12:30am after an 18 hr day! As for the rooms they were dirty and stale smelling...the hot breakfast consisted of toast or a waffle otherwise it was cold cereal and green bananas. One of our help ended up having to go home not feeling well and later found out they had bed bug bites on top of it all.
We cut our stay short due to the rudeness of the woman desk manager and owner. They had the bill so screwed up it took them and us going over it for a 1/2 hour to prove to them that they over charged us for this fiasco. Stay far away from this place...you will regret staying there!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank mudpieguy
Reviewed 4 October 2009

We stayed here one night. The room was very clean and nicely furnished.This hotel is safe and clean. Loved all day open hot tub(late arrival) and breakfast . Will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abama22
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Stayed one night passing through La Crosse. Clean comfortable room, nice hot tub, very friendly staff. Had a good breakfast in the morning. Fast check in and check out. What alse to say. Very good stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business