“Pay a little extra money and book at a different motel.”

Econo Lodge La Crosse
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Minnesota
“Pay a little extra money and book at a different motel.”
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Our group had 10 rooms reserved; probably half of the reservations were correct when we got there. All of us were charged different rates for the same rooms. When questioning the front desk staff we were just told ridiculous answers, they were making it up as they went along. We happened to pay the most for our room and ours wasn't even cleaned in the morning. Front desk was of no help there either. I had to ask for towels and coffee and then she wanted to just limit me to two bathtowels, no wash cloths, etc. Again, ridiculous. Beds were awful and the placement of the sink is laughable. The breakfast was adequate and that area was pretty clean. Wouldn't ever stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Came with 3 small kids and I was not particularly happy about no pool fact. Check -in was done very fast and in no time I was in the room , I got even offered help with my bags and gladly excepted ( he probable felt sorry for me w 3 kids). On the contrary of my kids wining I had a very nice stay -just because there was no pool. They have a oversized hot tub where my kids felt like in the pool , but my releif was I could reach them at any moment.
Clean rooms. Good , very polite people working there and breakfast was w all morning goodies.(very good choice of bread , cereal and fruits , and ofcourse Waffles -on all my kids happines ) I sure appreciate for all the smiles when my kids did something - they made me feel good! Very home kind , nice place!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
McFarland, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I do travel a lot and in all these years you learn , you do get what you paid for . This was Econo Stay -nothing fancy , but again I didn't expect it. Room was very clean and for me the most importante -bathroom was spotless. Breakfast was nice with choice of breads, cereal and fruits -which was all I needed on the side of my coffee in the morning. Hot tub open 24 hours and pleasent front desk people. Was there anything that could be better? Yes- I would probable enjoy flat screen T.V. and some updates threwout this establishment but again that would probable raise the price per night and I really like what did I got for my money here. I do like to splurge some times but this works for me very well. Clean , nice ,pleasent people and nice price! .

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We stayed in Econo Lodge in the middle of July since our family stayed in Best western across the street. We couldn't book Friday night so we took the same in Econo and had 2 other nights with our family. We never switched ! It was so much cheaper and comparing what they had it didn't make sense for us to leave this one. In my case the winner in the decision was 24 hours open hut tub. I never stayed in the motel that they had this and you learn to appreciate this. ( some of my family came along with me after long night and staff was so nice- gave them towels and kept making jokes along with me how we are so much better since some quest are sneaking in the middle of the night -just to be with us).
We all have been very satisfied and we have been recommending this place to everyone. Clean rooms , happy , pleasant staff (my kids loved breakfast lady -aunt Sue- who was keeping order in the morning ). We got to meet the owner , nice guy-came buy very often and was very concerned if everything was OK. My wife loved it to but had a comment that they could use updating for lobby furniture, but loved the oil painting in the hallways. We will make sure to stay in this motel if we come back in La Crosse . Very nice!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I ended up La Crosse with no time to make a reservation. and it came up much better for my packet. The front desk lady was nice to point out all the discounts that I could use and I was pretty impressed -this days you have to pull out the information and if you don't ask -it's not given. There was 5 bucks of the price because I walked threw the door w/o reservation ,on the top of my AAA discount.
Clean room, very good and pleasent staff , breakfast w lot of choices in bread , cereal and wafle maker. I sure had a lot of nice things to say as I was checking out. Very nice stay!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2010

All I needed was a clean place to sleep. My usual hotel was unavailable so I went across the street to the EconoLodge. I thought it was odd that I needed to pay for my room upfront, but it was already 9pm and I was ready for a quick dinner and bed. I went to my room and sat on a chair to eat my dinner. Two bites into my sandwich, I felt something crawling on my leg. I looked down and saw small black bugs on my ankles. I squashed them and thought nothing of it. Unfortunately, these bugs were not alone. Over the next five minutes, I had to repeatedly kill the bugs that were working their way from my ankles to my knees. This is when I realized the bugs were coming from the floor of my hotel room. I immediately grabbed my suitcase and went to the front desk. I relayed my story to the clerk and showed her the bugs I was still removing from my legs. Since she did not seem surprised, I have to wonder how many times this has happened before. Thankfully, she gave me a prompt refund.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank HEY_H0_LETS_G0

Travellers are raving about these La Crosse hotels

Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2010

This is the worst hotel I have stayed at perhaps ever.
Very loud. The beds are almost on the floor and the comfort of sleeping on a price of plywood
worst of all though when I cplained about the noise, tattoo mullet man at the desk first told me there was nothing he could do, then stopped answering my calls altogether.
I called the next morning to speak to the general manager who again initially refused to call me back, then told mr there wad nothing he could do
Inexcusable. I would rather sleep in my car than stay at a place with customer service like that

• Stayed July 2010