We booked a night at the Courtyard and something happened so our RSVP was lost. They told us the most comparable hotel to them was this place. I don't think they're even in the same league as one another....especially for this price.
While I was thankful that they had a spare room, I regretted that I didn't want to spend the extra time (it was very late after a long drive) driving to the other downtown hotels to see if they had rooms.
The hotel is beyond outdated. The front desk girls couldn't have cared less about what was going on (upon entering and leaving).
I do agree with other reviewers, seeing the kitchenette was a nice surprise- although we had no use for it, it was neat that those are in each rooms.
Other than that, uncomfortable beds...I'd have to agree with another reviewer about their breakfast items. By 8:30 they were out of everything; so we just found a place downtown to eat, which was probably better anyways.
for this kind of $/night, you'd think you'd have modern amenities and a comfty bed....until they update this place, spend a little less and stay at the Hyatt, Stoney Creek or Courtyard. The best thing I can say about this place is that it would be a fabulous place to stay with a group for Oktoberfest or the 4th of July as it is so close to everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown La Crosse our all suite hotel combines the comforts of home with the services of a grand hotel. Free WIFI, parking and Grand Start Breakfast included in all rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your GrandStay Hotel & Suites La Crosse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandstay Residential Hotel La Crosse
- Grandstay Hotel La Crosse