“Terrible Experience / Rude Bartender”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bodega Brew Pub, Inc.
Ranked #2 of 33 Nightlife in La Crosse
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in heart of downtown at the corner of 4th & Pearl Streets. 4th Street is also a one-way going north and Highway 35. Best selection of high quality beer in a bar in Wisconsin.
Winona, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Terrible Experience / Rude Bartender”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My girlfriend and I recently moved to the area and were told by friends that the Bodega was a great place to hang out, good beer, a friendly knowledgeable staff and a more "mature" bar than some other places. We stopped in this past Saturday and had one of THE worst experiences I have ever had in my life. We ordered drinks and my girlfriend asked me to get her a couple extra straws for her drink and the bartender snapped at me asking if "was that really necessary?". I was shocked that a) someone would make such a big deal out of a couple extra straws and b) be that rude about it. I'd had enough and we got up,left and won't be back. I have never posted a review on trip advisor before but was so upset by the experience that I felt like letting people know what happened so hopefully they can avoid a

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Gary T

La Crosse, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Best bar in La Crosse in my opinion. Very social place. Easy to meet new friends.
They have different types of drinks. Also, there is a dining place and they have good pizza.
Best time to go is between 8-12 pm.

Visited March 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“So many beers!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This pub in LaCrosse, Wisconsin advertised 500 beers and something like 14 on tap. We had to try it! The bartender was extremely helpful offering small tastes of several beers with which were were unfamiliar. Very friendly service!

Visited May 2013
Canyon Lake, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“My favorite bar on the entire planet”
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

I have been known to fly half way around the world to come here and have a few beers with my GF. I mean that literally.

Awesome beer selection, no idiots, great bar staff, nice owner. They know my name.

I live more than 1300 miles from this bar and I fly here just to tap into the beer selection and enjoy the atmosphere. Replaces the Hindenburg in Frankfurt as my favorite bar for at least a year now.

Wish they had a bunk room sometimes.

2 Thank CDUSD
Iowa
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Outstanding lunch stop”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

In town for business. So glad we stopped! Former catering business owner with us was really impressed by kitchen cleanliness. We came just after table service time, which meant ordering at counter and get your own drinks at bar. The three of us had Cuban, brownschwager and south by southwest chicken sandwich. All were outstanding! Friendly people. Interesting endless collection of taps on wall. HIGHLY recommend!