“Enjoy your visit.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Crosse
Bentley-Wheeler B&B
Ranked #2 of 6 La Crosse B&B and Inns
Cedar Rapids, IA
“Enjoy your visit.”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We booked July 4th and 5th at this B&B. It was wonderful. The breakfast picnic basket was just fine with the fresh fruit, yogurt, scones, granola, milk and juice. We had a truly stress-free visit. The ballroom was beautiful and very comfortable, air-conditioning that we could control, and we watched the fireworks from our private balcony. Bed was great and plenty of room to hang your clothes and stash your bags out of sight, and it was quiet, no noise whatsoever from other guests. It was great to park our car off the street as well. Enjoyed chatting with Jay and Ken and meeting their birds. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: Splurge... rent the ballroom. Dippy diner.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dippydiner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We were in town for a wedding last weekend, 4 of us rented the guest house which offered an amazing kitchen, spacious rooms, and was overall charming and private. There were only 4 of us but the guest house could easily fit 4 couples!! Would def recommend this option over any hotel! Not sure if we will ever be back in La Crosse, but if we do, we will certainly stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 June 2013

this was my second visit to the Bentley-Wheeler, this time with my Mom and sister. We stayed in the guest house and all of us were completely charmed by the space, the food, and the overall experience I had kept the place a secret until our arrival, and both my Mom and sister were so impressed and delighted!

Jay was out of town this trip, but Ken, even with a hand injury that had put him in the ER that same day, couldn't have been a nicer, more pleasant and hospitable host.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Middleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My husband and I were in LaCrosse for just one evening visiting our son, a student at UW - LaCrosse. Normally when we stay at B&Bs, we like to spend time enjoying the comforts of our accommodations, learning its history and exploring the neighborhood. Not so on this trip. Our son had other plans!

What we did experience was a stay in the well appointed guest house; comfortable bed, spacious bathrooms and delicious breakfast. The house was clean and well cared for. Breakfast was delivered to the guest house kitchen and included a generous selection of granola, scones, fresh berries, yogurt, juice and milk. The guest house was stocked with coffee, teas and a good coffee maker.

We regret that we were not able to meet Ken or Jay (our fault, not theirs) but look forward to doing so during our next stay at the Bentley-Wheeler.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed at the Bentley Wheeler 2 weeks ago to celebrate an engagement party for my son and his fiance( which also took place at Bentley Wheeler). I therefore had 2 experiences, that of the b&B overnight guest and also a guest at the" over the top elegant party" hosted by Ken (Jay was out of town).
From the comfortable beds to the spacious bathrooms to the private porch off my bedroom, everything was top notch. Breakfast arrived in the morning and you would have thought it was delivered by elves, as quiet as it was! Beautiful plates and linens, fresh fruit and scones from the coop became my morning treats. Ken quickly realized I was a coffee drinker made sure I had plenty of the hottest and freshest coffee to start my day.
The location is an easy walk into downtown on a lovely tree lined street. Parking is right behind the entrance, steps from the back door.
I will be returning to Bentley Wheeler in August for my son's wedding (to a fabulous woman from LaCrosse) and will stay at Bentley Wheeler again, this time in the guest house. I can't wait to be pampered again at this "best kept secret" location.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hiltnhd
Lansing,
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed here for two nights while in La Crosse for a conference. Everything about my stay was tasteful, and the house is simply beautiful.

In the (too) short time that I was actually in the B&B, I had a couple of long, interesting conversations with Jay about the work that they have done to restore the house. It's a specimen--a Queen Anne with some Prairie features, if I remember right. There was a binder in my room (a bedroom with a pressed tin ceiling!) with newspaper clippings and photos documenting the restoration.

Jay and Ken are both great hosts--friendly and engaging without being intrusive. Their breakfast is varied, delicious, and ample, and the coffee is *good.* The Bentley-Wheeler is located in an established, stately urban neighborhood, walking distance from good restaurants and city center.

Room Tip: At least one nifty room may not be advertised--ask about it.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
philadelphia
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I traveled to La Crosse, WI to attend a conference in April 2013. I stayed at Bentley-Wheeler for three nights. This was my first time staying at a b&b, so I really didn't know what to expect. When I arrived to the house, I was warmly greeted by Jay (one of the co-owners). I saw Jay and Ken (the other co-owner) several other times throughout the stay, and they are truly very nice and accommodating. They seemed genuinely concerned that I had everything that I needed and was comfortable (for instance, I made a remark about needing to refrigerate food, and the next day there was a mini-fridge in my room). Conversing with Jay was one of the highlights of my stay! The other highlight of my stay was the breakfast basket, delivered every morning to my door. OMG! Fresh fruit, yogurt, milk, oj, and a surprise item purchased from the local co-op. I felt so spoiled each morning.

The house is stunning, and decorated beautifully, and each room has cable television, and free wi-fi. I wish that I knew people who had a reason to go to La Crosse, because I would certainly recommend Bentley-Wheeler. Although this was a work trip, it really ended up feeling like a retreat.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business