“Older property however still a favorite ... great value”

AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed 3 February 2012

This hotel is definitely an older property, however just like a classic GTO or Mustang from the 60"s ... she is still offering a lot for the money ... great location, nice views, pleasant outdoor areas and clean comfortable rooms. I always request one specific room on the second floor. It has a king size bed, sitting area, eating area at counter with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and nice operational sliding window overlooking the river, floating dock, beach, and courtyard area. This place offers a daily free breakfast with an upgrade to full hot breakfasts for a nominal charge in the main dining room. There is a bar and restaurant in the facility. One of the cute stories I take away from one visit is I asked the Bartender if she had any Bleu Cheese olives for a martini ... she said she would ask the kitchen ... a few minutes later a waitress came up with a side of liquid Bleu Cheese salad dressing ... don't think that will work in the old olive you know! I have stayed at this property half a dozen times, sometimes for as long as two weeks ... I would rather stay here than any of the newer hotels in downtown LaCrosse!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael T
chicagoguest, Voting Member at AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you Mike for Nice little note for hotel.We appriciated your so many syay at Best western Riverfront hotel.We try to do our best make Every guest Happy.
Thanks again for your business.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

This is what you would expect from a Best Western. Property was clean as well as the room. Have been there several times to visit my daughter who goes to school there. During the Summer there is a nice outdoor bar next to the river that served good drinks.

We last stayed on the second flloor. There were 4 tables right acroos the hall from our room that overlooked the pool. When we arrived there was a group of people eating pizza there. Not that big of a deal because we left the room shortly after. In the morning though there were people having coffee and talking. seemed like they were right in the room. Didn't really get to sleep in, but it was actually very quiet the whole night which is a plus! Lately we've had bad luck at night at most hotels with all the noise into the wee hours. After around 10:30 we didn't hear anything.

Room Tip: Stay away from the tables on the second floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BONZ516
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I can't really say anything negative about this hotel. I mean, it's a best western. The price was nominal, the room was fine. It does has a very small "waterpark" pool area, which would be great for smaller kids. Our room was a poolside room so, it definitely smelled of chlorine. It's not your Kahlahari by any means.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank joey4202
chicagoguest, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thanks for review.Air blow fan is on all time,but we might turn off at night because colder season to keep all hot air in,that is the case for clorine smell might be.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

The good: The hotel is right off the highway and right on the river. Good location. There is a small water park, which is why we stayed there for the weekend (have a 4 year old). The staff were all very friendly.
We never ate in the restaurant but did order pizza to the room (from the restaurant) which was really good.
The room was outdated and when we first walked into it I feared mold and dust (my son has asthma and allergies). But we never had any problems - the room was VERY clean.

The bad: We checked in at 9pm and they had given away our room (a family room) - so we got stuck in a regular sized room which was supposed to at least have a microwave (per the girl at the front desk) and it did not. My BIGGEST pet peeve with hotels is when they give away the specific room you reserved just because you're not there early enough. Then - when we checked out they tried to charge us for the family room! So we had to go to the front desk and have them correct the price to match the room we actually had.
The pool water had a yellowish color and the chlorine was so strong that when I got a little splash of water in my eye, it actually BURNED. Luckily my son wore his goggles the whole time.
Not sure if I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
jack j, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Thanks for review.Hopefully we will see you next time.

Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stopped here for a night while on a fall Mississippi road trip. They weren't in a great location as far as seeing La Crosse. They gave us a renovated room away from the pool. The room was really nice! The only problem we had was the tub-it wouldn't drain.
Otherwise, our dinner was good in the restaurant. Our continental breakfast was good as well.
I really liked that it was situated on the Mississippi with a cute outside bar/restaurant. The bartender (Steve) was so nice and gave us tips on where to go.
I would go back.......................

Room Tip: Get a renovated room-nice!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks,See you next time !!

Reviewed 27 September 2011

The hotel and the rooms were gross and dirty and way, way outdated. Picked this hotel because it had a restaurant with room service and I didn't want to go out late looking for food. Well, they close the restaurant at 8:30pm.....WHO CLOSES A RESTAURANT AT 8:30?!?!?!

Best Western needs to strip that PLUS from this hotels name, just because it has a restaurant doesn't make the hotel a Best Western PLUS, this place is gross, dirty and old.

Also, the room walls were thin, the pool was loud, there is a big crack under the door that lights up your room like daytime with the light from the hallway. Avoid this hotel if possible, many nicer and newer hotels in this city that actually charge you less money.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, they are all dirty, old and gross.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Sorry to here about Your stay was not perfect,We are renovating now rooms,we already put new flat 37" Tv in two wing.Still some rooms have to be done.Rest.hours kind of goes by the seosons wich will be extended in summer.
Thanks,

Reviewed 27 September 2011

La Crosse was a place I wanted to see, as for some reason I've always found the Mississippi to have a certain allure. On a recent summer road trip, I did just that--and got the whole experience staying in a water-view room with a patio at the Riverfront Hotel. First off, I loved that I could walk right to the little beach on the river from my room--big points for that. I spent a good hour and a half resting, relaxing, and enjoying the sunset with the beautiful views.

The hotel restaurant was good, and the food was pretty decent. The riverfront lounge was pretty good as well. My room was definitely at the Best Western standard--not ostentatious by any means, but large, with a comfortable bed, and good lighting. The indoor pool is the centerpiece of the hotel, but it was generally quiet and not too crowded. The corridors are secured from the noise by the pool area, anyways. If you had a room that was pool front though, all bets are off. Seemed like there was always a lifeguard around the pool for those with kids.

I didn't feel like I got some elite resort experience, but I definitely didn't pay for it, either. I would gladly come back here if I was ever going through La Crosse again, and if you're coming off the highway for a night, it wouldn't be a bad place to treat yourself!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo