AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront
US$61
US$146
US$142
Home2.com
The Charmant Hotel(La Crosse)
US$202
US$192
  • Restaurant
US$146
Welch Motel(La Crosse)(Great Value!)
US$85
All reviewskiddie poolblack riverwater slidespool sidebar and grillhot tubnice pool areaan older hotelfree breakfastwafflesthe room was niceking bedview of the rivertikiwaterparkdockshoops
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My abbility to use stairs is limited due to military service. I checked in and found the hotel to have no elevator, I asked for a new room and clerk said sorry and have a good night. I checked out the next day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The beds are thread bare, uncomfortable and the blankets are as thin as sheets. When I reserved they didn't warn us about all the additional charges, but required us to give a credit card for any incidentals. I thought I was fine since I had prepaid for the room. I was very wrong. Buyer beware. If you are thinking about going to the pool, you will be required to pay to go in. If you have any guests visit you, for less than 2 hours be prepared to pay.

The location is great, the views of the river is beautiful. I had a pool side room with two beds, to my surprise they are only full size. The price is average during the week, so I can't comment on the weekends.

Room Tip: if you want large comfortable beds, do not stay here. If you want fun kids play areas, and do not really care if you are sleeping on a hard surface this is the place for you!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
bwplulacrossewi, Webmaster at AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN PLUS Riverfront Hotel for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the Blanket in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its replacement.

• Management was approached about providing information about the additional charges to all our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Riverfront Hotel. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Very nice hotel in an older part of the city. Nice pool was very convenient right outside my door. Although the chlorine smell was rather overpowering it was not noticeable in my room. Food is within easy walking distance and the view is very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2013

It was so convenient to have a room right where the wedding reception was held. The reception/room was great and the pool side rooms were wonderful. We are going to plan a family weekend there soon. The pool was great for the kids.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Hotel staff were extremely nice, other than that this hotel needs a ton of work. We stayed 3 nights, our room didn't get cleaned one day. Rooms smelled like mildew. There was a big party on a Friday night, took over an hour to get our dinner. The light in the hot tube came out while people were relaxing in it. Had a patio room, outside door could be pushed open with little force. Patio deck is a wreck. Pier needs some work. I've been coming here one time a year for over 20 years and every year the quality gets worse. Major renovations needed

Dear Guest,

• Staff was informed of the nice comments you made about them and received our commendation.

• Management was reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the Patio Door in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its replacement.

Hotel Manager.