“Very quiet and peaceful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Farge
Kickapoo Valley Ranch Guest Cabins
“Very quiet and peaceful”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We went here in the middle of the winter so all of the cabins were empty except ours. It was very relaxing. The bathrooms in the cabins are big, the decks over looking the valley are nice. I want to go back in the fall when the leaves are changing colors but I am sure it is booked up. There is a TV in every cabin with no reception so bring along a few DVD's. The cabins are very clean and comfortable. I would call them cozy, but they are too big to be cozy. There is a lot to do around the area. We enjoyed just driving around and seeing all of the amish folks. We found an amish house a few miles away that makes the best homemade pies in the area.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank rajalexi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We had an amazing time. This place is gorgeous. Don't consider staying anywhere else in the region. I had some business to attend in the area and brought my family. I was a bit hesitant to stay when I looked at the website, I thought it would be a bit too country and perhaps conservative for me. It is anything but. The decor is western and country but it is open and lovely with elegance. The decor is MUCH nicer than the photos represent. We were surprised with delight to realize how spacious our cabin was. The owners have thought of everything. If someone here would have told me it had a bit of a Beekman Boy's feel with the goat soap and the llamas and a touch of Brokeback Mountain with the horses plus some Western Cowboy fun I would have got it. Really it is better than all that. The beds are very firm. The bathroom fan is quiet. The soaps are lovely. They buy many from a neighbor soap maker. They buy the baskets from another Amish neighbor. It is great to see them supporting the local businesses and giving you a sense of the history. The added plus of the DVD in our cabin explaining the history of the area really gave us an additional appreciation of the area we stayed in. We understood it much better when we later went canoeing and hiking in the reserve. Cowboy Joe's cookies and attention to detail rock. Cowboy David is so handsome and a great conversationist.
Now the best part is the gorgeous property they maintain. I can't imagine how much work it must be to pick up every speck of trash, to maintain all the fences, to take care of the many horses - that graze by your cabins and to keep every inch meticulous. Thank you for all the work you do so that people like us can take in the amazing views, the wonderful sounds of nature and the serene atmosphere. This place is a gift.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank CreativeMom13
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Kickapoo Valley Ranch is an amazing get away. I have stayed there a few times and always love it. I love waking up in the morning, drinking coffee and nibbling on cookies on the porches while the horse graze. Very peaceful. Cowboy Joe and Cowboy David make this place what it is!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tmdanielson
US
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We loved the property and area. Cabins were clean, quiet, and lovely. But what really makes Kickapoo Valley ranch so wonderful is how Joe went out of his way to be helpful, when we booked on the phone, and of course during the stay. Really a jewel of a place!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank zaddybu
Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at at this wonderful place in July. It was beautiful, private, well appointed and friendly. We stayed in the Big Sky cabin and it was just perfect. We constantly were in wonder with how such a great place could be so reasonably priced. We were in the area to bike the Elroy Sparta trail but there is a lot of great hiking, canoeing and mountain biking nearby. It was nice just to drive the country roads and see the lovely Amish farms-like a post card! Kickapoo Valley is perfect for a romantic getaway!
Cowboy Joe is the best!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clubbing
Burlington, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 July 2011

When you finally deicide it is time to visit the Kickapoo Vallery there IS truly no other place to stay than the Kickapoo Valley Ranch. I have been staying there since 2004 and find it to be the most amazing, beautiful, peaceful, joyous place anywhere!!
Even during the blizzard of 2010 my kids and I could not have had more fun! Fall, winter, spring or summer the ranch is the place to be!
Thankyou Cowboy Joseph and David for creating this amazing place where my soul is renewed and refreshed!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Vespamama
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We spent three thoroughly enjoyable nights at the Kickapoo Valley Ranch in late June. The cabin was lovely and very clean, with a well-stocked kitchen and super comfortable bed. There were fresh-baked cookies in our cabin when we arrived. The owners were pleasant and welcoming. We enjoyed chatting with them when we saw them out and about on site, but they were extremely respectful of our privacy. The view from our cabin was so peaceful, and the horses on the ranch grazed and played near our cabin several times, providing additional entertainment. The stars at night were spectacular. We took advantage of hiking and canoeing opportunities just minutes from the Ranch. We couldn’t have asked for a better place for a quick get-away. If you’re looking for a peaceful, relaxed paced vacation, this is your perfect destination.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Westby
Brush Creek Inn
Brush Creek Inn
#1 of 2 in Ontario

Been to Kickapoo Valley Ranch Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!