Kickapoo Valley Ranch Guest Cabins
US$72
Old Towne Motel(Westby)(Great Value!)
US$58
Midway Motel(Viroqua)(Great Value!)
US$75
Ramada Richland Center(Richland Center)
US$78
US$75
US$66
US$106
US$90
Country Inn
Super 8 Sparta(Sparta)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$74
Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge(Sparta)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$104
US$50
US$47
All reviewscowboy davidkickapoo valley ranchelectric grillthe reservegrinderrocking chairsclean cabincookies waitinghorses grazingrelaxing daysperfect place to unwindearly summerlarge porchincredible staycaramel appleplush towelspeaceful retreat
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Just got back from our 2nd visit, and this in and of itself says something great about this place. One of our rules is to never go to the same place twice. Why should we? There are so many great places to visit and it's always fun to experience different places to stay. And, lots of times when I've gone back top the same place twice, it's never quite as nice. Maybe because it's less of a discovery process - not really sure. But....something kept calling me back. My husband kept reminding me to plan "our winter foray" as he calls it, a tradition that we started a number of years ago to take a long weekend to a snowy place just when we start to fell cooped up inside and indulge in some outdoor activities, specifically snowshoeing. I looked in Michigan, Wisconsin and even Minnesota, but nothing I found was making me say "This is it!" I realized I was looking for the same feeling of quiet and serenity, and really just getting away from humanity that we had found at the Kickapoo Vally Ranch the year before. So, against my better judgement, I called the Kickapoo Valley Ranch, and once I did, we couldn't wait to get there. This time we stayed in Crazy Jacks, a slight larger cabin, which was very nice. Once again, EVERYTHING was perfect. The bedding was excellent, tons of pillows, really nice sheets, and heavy warm and cozy comforters kept us warm in below zero weather. I especially love all the special touches in the bathroom, every little thing you might need for personal care, and soaps that smell natural and heavenly, along with plush white towels. It was very cold and when we realized that one of the heaters was not working the first evening, we could not call to report it since our AT&T cell service doesn't, thankfully, work there. So, I sent a quick email to Cowboy Joe and to our surprise he appeared at our door within minutes, only to discover we had blown a fuse. Problem fixed immediately! We spent the weekend snowshoeing several of the Kickapoo Valley Reserve Trails (amazing!), driving through the Amish area hills and hollows to enjoy the winter landscapes, looking for glimpses of wild turkeys, eagles, and other wildlife. We drove to Viroqua one evening, following Cowboy Joe's recommendation, to the Driftless Cafe for dinner! OUTSTANDING! Excellent local cuisine and very personal service. Overall, despite my hesitation to return to the same place, we resolved to make this an annual event, AND visit in the summer sometime to enjoy it in a different way. We just LOVE this place. AND - the cookies are wonderful. Cowboy Joe gave us a peek at their new professional kitchen that enables them to sell their cookies and cakes. The sampling of cookies left in the room (8 HUGE cookies) were so great, we will be sure to place an order soon to be delivered all the way back here in Chicago!
Thanks again to Cowboys Joe and Dave! We are hooked!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa&Roger
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Cowboy Joe and Cowboy David are the friendliest, most hospitable hosts you could ask for. The cabins are delightful, and the view of the stars is unbeatable. We had the best weekend at Kickapoo, and we will be back this summer!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We had only one problem...two nights is not long enough! This place is a gem and provides a perfect get away to relax and unwind. The cabin was very beautifully decorated and clean. Every little detail was covered from glasses to a great selection of pillows to the cookies! I could go on and on....already thinking about my next visit!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Ranch over Christmas. Although we are from the Kickapoo Valley( we just moved to Missouri about a year ago) We were treated like royalty, Joe and David are second to none. The cabin was super clean and had all the comforts of home. I highly recommend the Kickapoo Valley Ranch for a truly perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Foxfarms
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My husband and I had the most lovely, relaxing stay at KVR in November. Upon our arrival, we were greeted warmly by a herd of beautiful llamas and by a personable Cowboy Joe, who provided us with maps and a few suggestions for things to see and do in the area. Our immaculately-clean cabin felt cozy with its tasteful ranch decor and free-standing gas fireplace. The bed and furniture were quite comfortable, and the kitchen was very well-equipped for cooking. The large veranda overlooked a stunning view of wooded hills and happily grazing horses. We already reserved our stay for next year, but I'm not sure we can wait that long to go back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple