“Perfection!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Farge
Kickapoo Valley Ranch Guest Cabins
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

This place is almost indescribable. I have lived in Wisconsin most of my life and this is like entering another world. The scenery surrounding the ranch is breathtaking. Checking in with cowboy Joe was fast and informative and you feel instantly welcomed and at ease. The cabins themselves are immaculate and beautiful. Every detail is thought of and anything you need is right at your fingertips. Wifi works perfectly (I'm using it now to write this review!) in the evenings we have grilled on the porch and listened to the sounds of nature and heard our first owl! There are delicious cookies waiting for you in your room along with fresh coffee beans, plenty of dishes, towels and anything else you would need. We are staying in the big sky getaway cabin which has a large tub. It's perfect after a long day of hiking at the kickapoo valley reserve which is only a short drive away. The view from every angle of this cabin is amazing. The only advice I can give you about this place is to COME HERE!! We are already talking about a return trip. This is truly a gem and I'm so gratify we found it. Thank you cowboy Joe and cowboy Dave for sharing this special place with your guests!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Our title explains it all really...we felt like were right at home with the welcoming environment but yet the beautiful scenic views and limestone bluffs let us know we were no where close to home. We had the greatest experience during our stay. We wanted down time, quiet, and relaxation. That is exactly what we got. Cowboy Joe was extremely helpful and friendly from the booking our reservation, arrival and departure. We stayed in the Big Sky Getaway. The views from our private porch were simply breathe taking.
We are so thankful that we ordered the Ginger Carrot Cake topped with Cashews the locals are lucky to have access to the Cowboy David’s bake goods.
We will be back!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Christy B
Boscobel, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We only were able to stay one night, and really sorry we couldn't stay for two! Outstanding views,silence and comfort in one place! We will be back in the fall. It was just what we needed!
Thanks again!

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I recently experienced our 3rd stay at the ranch. Each visit has been wonderful over the years and somehow gets better each time. We occupied Slick’s Joint for this stay and it was perfect for us. Although a bit chilly to enjoy rocking on the porch this round, the sunny view was comforting while inside with the warmth of the fireplace.

It didn’t take us long to devour Cowboy David’s delicious chocolate chip cookies knowing we had a dozen of his peanut butter turtle cookies to take home (individually wrapped to stay fresh!). We also splurged on ordering a “small” chocolate raspberry cake ahead of our stay because why not. Amazing! Words cannot describe… Just like the quality and devotion put into the accommodations and beautiful landscape, David’s bakery is top notch. All beautifully packaged & perfect for gift giving.

I had never explored this part of the state prior to our first stay here; however I am smitten due to these lovely people. Cowboy Joe was very giving with his time including great suggestions for local fare. We don’t get the chance to escape often and typically only stay at the same location once as others have mentioned. With a gift certificate in hand, we truly look forward to yet another getaway this year.

Room Tip: Have tried (3) cabins so far. The Albertella Homestead is perfect for families due to the extra roo...
Ladysmith, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We just spent the weekend here, there will be many more. Cowboy Joe is great, the cabin was fantastic, loved all the pillows, you can tell a place by the pillows, the cookies are out of this world and it was a great place to be to forget about this horrible winter we have had. Although we have family in the Kickapoo Valley, we're going to be sure to stay here every chance we get, there could not be a better place for peace and quiet and terrific views. Oh, and if you are a fly fisherman like me, you are going to want to check this out for your home base. If you have not fished the valley you are in for a treat.

Room Tip: They do have wifi but leave it at home
West Suburbs/Chicago
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Just got back from our 2nd visit, and this in and of itself says something great about this place. One of our rules is to never go to the same place twice. Why should we? There are so many great places to visit and it's always fun to experience different places to stay. And, lots of times when I've gone back top the same place twice, it's never quite as nice. Maybe because it's less of a discovery process - not really sure. But....something kept calling me back. My husband kept reminding me to plan "our winter foray" as he calls it, a tradition that we started a number of years ago to take a long weekend to a snowy place just when we start to fell cooped up inside and indulge in some outdoor activities, specifically snowshoeing. I looked in Michigan, Wisconsin and even Minnesota, but nothing I found was making me say "This is it!" I realized I was looking for the same feeling of quiet and serenity, and really just getting away from humanity that we had found at the Kickapoo Vally Ranch the year before. So, against my better judgement, I called the Kickapoo Valley Ranch, and once I did, we couldn't wait to get there. This time we stayed in Crazy Jacks, a slight larger cabin, which was very nice. Once again, EVERYTHING was perfect. The bedding was excellent, tons of pillows, really nice sheets, and heavy warm and cozy comforters kept us warm in below zero weather. I especially love all the special touches in the bathroom, every little thing you might need for personal care, and soaps that smell natural and heavenly, along with plush white towels. It was very cold and when we realized that one of the heaters was not working the first evening, we could not call to report it since our AT&T cell service doesn't, thankfully, work there. So, I sent a quick email to Cowboy Joe and to our surprise he appeared at our door within minutes, only to discover we had blown a fuse. Problem fixed immediately! We spent the weekend snowshoeing several of the Kickapoo Valley Reserve Trails (amazing!), driving through the Amish area hills and hollows to enjoy the winter landscapes, looking for glimpses of wild turkeys, eagles, and other wildlife. We drove to Viroqua one evening, following Cowboy Joe's recommendation, to the Driftless Cafe for dinner! OUTSTANDING! Excellent local cuisine and very personal service. Overall, despite my hesitation to return to the same place, we resolved to make this an annual event, AND visit in the summer sometime to enjoy it in a different way. We just LOVE this place. AND - the cookies are wonderful. Cowboy Joe gave us a peek at their new professional kitchen that enables them to sell their cookies and cakes. The sampling of cookies left in the room (8 HUGE cookies) were so great, we will be sure to place an order soon to be delivered all the way back here in Chicago!
Thanks again to Cowboys Joe and Dave! We are hooked!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa&Roger
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Cowboy Joe and Cowboy David are the friendliest, most hospitable hosts you could ask for. The cabins are delightful, and the view of the stars is unbeatable. We had the best weekend at Kickapoo, and we will be back this summer!

• Stayed December 2013
#1 of 1 in Westby
Brush Creek Inn
Brush Creek Inn
#1 of 2 in Ontario

Been to Kickapoo Valley Ranch Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!