“Our first visit - but definitely not our last!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Farge
Kickapoo Valley Ranch Guest Cabins
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I ran across the Kickapoo Valley Ranch Website in the last year or two, and noted that we should check out the cabins. My husband and I stayed two nights and wished we would have made it at least one more. The cabins are immaculately clean and offer excellent attention to detail. The view from the porch is beautiful and we enjoyed a cozy fire one evening on the patio. All the necessities are provided in the kitchen and the electric grill on the porch was great. The bathroom had a lot of space, plush towels and amenities. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows and blankets. From the fun western decor to the fabulous cookies to the superb service, Cowboy Joe and Cowboy Dave make their guests feel welcome and pampered. The area is beautiful, and whether you want to canoe, hike or explore the surrounding towns, there is something for everyone. However, it is hard to leave the comfort of the rocking chairs on the porch or the coziness of the cabin. Kickapoo Vally Ranch Guest Cabins truly offer a peaceful sanctuary for its guests. We look forward to another visit soon and look forward to many more in the years to come.

Room Tip: Check out the Website for great photos, room descriptions and floor plans.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brenda R
There are newer reviews for Kickapoo Valley Ranch Guest Cabins

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I have been coming every year to Kickapoo Valley Ranch ever since we found it in 2006 (sometimes twice a year). For us it is a wonderfully relaxing place that gives us a chance to unwind from the busyness of life. The views from the cabins are both beautiful and relaxing. Being practically surrounded by Wildcat State Park means that nature and wildlife are living and growing all around you. It isn't uncommon to see a deer in the distance, birds in the tree next to your porch, a chipmunk, squirrel or rabbit rustling in the native grasses at your feet while seeing an Amish buggy pulled by a horse traveling down the County road P. The cabins are the finest rooms we have ever stayed in anywhere. From the hand pressed sheets (Yes, Cowboy Joe presses all the sheets) to the extreme cleanliness of the cabins, my wife and I are amazed every time we unlock the front door of the cabin. Cowboy Davids cookies had me hooked the moment I tasted the first one and now he makes cakes! My wife and I have already been there twice this year. The second time we brought my parents as a 50th wedding anniversary present - they were amazed with everthing during their stay. Of course we celebrated with Cowboy Davids Ginger Cashew Carrot Cake, yummy!! The views from the cabins are beautiful and the accomadations are the best we have ever experienced but what my wife and I treasure the most at the Kickapoo Valley Ranch are Cowboy Joe and Cowboy David! I cannot say enough good things about these two. They will bend over backwards to make your experience at the Ranch how you want it, as Cowboy Joe says "This is Your vacation" and they will see to it that "Your" vacation meets "Your" expectations. They have always taken great care us. For example, my wife was in a serious accident (hit by a SUV while walking to work) a couple of years before we discovered Kickapoo Valley Ranch. The ranch essentially our first time anywhere since her accident. The care and concern they had for her was incredible. They, with Jackie, were able to get her riding a horse again (a service they offered then and a passion my wife has had her entire life). She and I were in tears within minutes of her starting her trail ride. The "healing" they did for her, up until that point, was something modern medicine was not able to do. Their friendship is and will always be one of things we treasure. As far as the Ranch, I would, and have recommened it to anyone who asks. My wife and I have never stayed in such a well accommodated and clean cabin or room anywhere. The experience and qaulaity of service they offer is unmatched by anything we have experienced before. If you are looking for a place to unwind, relax and get recharged I believe Kicakpoo Valley Ranch is the perfect place. For my wife and I Kickapoo Valley Ranch is a little bit of Heaven on this Earth. Every time we see Cowboy Joe and Cowboy David it warms our souls - Joyful!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here multiple times. The Woodview cabin is our favorite, but all are amazing! The Kickapoo Valley area is absolutely beautiful. We enjoy exploring the back roads to admire the stunning Amish farms, then stopping at the Blue Goose for pizza & ice cream. Yum! We also enjoy never leaving the cabin. Watch a couple movies (they have a great selection to borrow) drink some coffee (they supply in cabin) and don't forget the homemade cookies (they have waiting in your cabin) How does it get any better? Oh yeah, you enjoy it all on your private porch that is a literal extension of the horse pasture! In closing, I cannot recommend Kickapoo Valley Ranch Guest Cabins more!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We visited Cowboy Joe & Cowboy David in May and it is our new favorite destination! We stayed in the Big Sky cabin and loved just sitting on the porch and watching the birds. The electric grill worked very nicely to make burgers that we had bought at the nearby Organic Valley outlet. We spent a day hiking at the nearby reserve and it was just beautiful. The cabin was spotless and I highly recommend watching the DVD about the local history, it's extremely interesting.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bparsonswi
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I'm going to title this review from a lyric found in the Van Halen song "Cabo Wabo"..."if you go there once, you'll be there twice." The Kickapoo Valley Ranch guest cabins live up to that lyric. I have family that have visited the cabin multiple times over the last year and half and they have talked about the beauty of the Kickapoo Valley, but they really raved about the guest cabins and more importantly the owners...Cowboy Joe and David. They told us countless times that we needed to book a stay, even going so far as purchasing a gift certificate for us knowing that little piece of Heaven waiting for us in La Farge, WI. The cabins are so clean you could eat off the floor...I wouldn't, but that's how clean they keep these. We stayed in Miss Kitty's, and it was decorated beautifully with the look and feel of the west. On the table was a welcome note with 4 of Cowboy David's famous double chocolate chip cookies...we only stayed for a quick weekend away and those cookies lasted Friday evening & Saturday afternoon, so of course we needed to place an order of 3 dozen cookies for our trip home...that's how good these cookies are!!! Well, getting off track a little so back to the reason of my title for this review... I knew within the first hour of my visit to these cabins that I would be coming back and when we were packing up to head home after only two days, I was kicking myself for not staying longer. I have been to Cabo San Lucas, MX once, and I plan to go back a second time. I have been to the Kickapoo Valley Ranch once, and I plan to go back a second time...but more likely it will be for a third and fourth time...my goal will be to visit enough times that I can say I stayed in each cabin on their property...and if they build more, he will come! (Isn't that a line from a famous movie?!?!)... stay tuned!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jason P
CowboyJoeAtTheRanch, Owner at Kickapoo Valley Ranch Guest Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Your review marks a pretty big milestone for us regarding guests reviews. With it, we move from our first 100 reviews to the beginning of hopefully many hundreds more. So I felt it was particularly poignant to pick it as one of the very few reviews that I would respond to, since as you can see I have responded to very, very few.
If you were to ask any review website expert, they would all tell you the importance of a property owner or manager responding to a guest's review. And not just the bad ones, but most all of them. It shows the future travelers that you, the property owners & managers, are actually involved & listening to your guests. We have purposefully chosen to kind of stay out of the mix. Our reviews have really spoken for themselves. With as solid a track record as we have here, and by what so many of you have said in your reviews, there really could be no grey area as to whether we, the property owners, are "involved!" :)
Your review has mentioned how clean our accommodations are. This is my passion! In fact, when describing our cabins, I always say "luxuriously appointed and pristinely kept." I feel that so many travelers have come to accept "adequately clean" as acceptable but I personally will stand for nothing less than perfection. That is why I, Cowboy Joe, one of the owners, cleans every cabin myself. And not days & days before a guest arrives. It is actually why we rarely have a last minute cabin available. I hand prepare each cabin just before a guest arrives at our door.
Your review also pointed out Cowboy David's cookies & how good they are. This is another overwhelmingly clear example of how we listen to our guests. You see, we are not the first to offer a sweet treat to their guests. Since the day we opened in 2003, made in our own home kitchen, we've been giving away Cowboy David's "Original" double chocolate chip cookies as a "gift" to our guests for staying with us. And after years & years & hundreds (thousands???) of requests for more, more, MORE!!!, this past fall we renovated our check-in office & have now opened Cowboy David's Cookies & Cakes, so that yes, you, our guests can order cookies to take home or have shipped.
Your review has so eloquently put into words all that we live for here - sharing our "little piece of Heaven," what we lovingly refer to as a "sanctuary," with you all. We want to thank you personally for this glowing review and we hope to have you and your family back very, very soon!
YOUR sanctuary awaits!!! :)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in early June. Can only agree with all the other reviews about how wonderful this place is. We especially loved our cabin - the Big Sky Getaway. It had beautiful decor and was so so clean. Cooking on the barbecue every night was a joy - as was watching the fireflys and stars at night. Cowboy Joe was so welcoming to us Brits. If you are in this part of the world there really is no other place to stay.

Room Tip: The Big Sky Getaway cabin lives up to its name and is angled so gives a bit of privacy from the othe...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I am hard-pressed to think of one thing that was overlooked by the hosts of this hidden gem. From the beautifully appointed cabins to the comfy porches decked out with rockers and a grill to the delicious home-baked cookies... I wish all these things were waiting for me at home too, but then... That's what makes Kickapoo Valley Ranch the perfect getaway!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
#1 of 5 in Sparta
Super 8 Sparta
Super 8 Sparta
#2 of 4 in Sparta

Been to Kickapoo Valley Ranch Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!