“Rooms are nice, well maintained. The buffet was a buffet.”

and 1 more site!
Lake of the Torches Resort Casino
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lac du Flambeau
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We came from the Bad River Casino, a bit further up north, which was a dump. Lac du Flambeau looked like a four star resort. The rooms were nice, with nice sheets and clean!! We are not fond of buffets, but we were lured there because of the pig roast. It was just ok. The pig was ok, nothing special, cold. The boiled carrots were ok, along with some rib tips. The other side dishes looked and tasted icky. It was 8pm and the dessert area was a mess, with nothing looking edible. It will be quite awhile before I will be lured into a buffet. We did not try the breakfast buffet based on our stellar evening experience. It takes awhile to find a machine that pays out, but I did find one after fronting quite a bit of money. It was fun!

Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I hate to not rate the place a 5 star but there are a few issues. Wen I checked in we found out that the room we made reservations for almost 2 months before was not available. We were quoted a price of $55 and wound up paying twice that, but the room we got was great so guess it was a wash here, so that wasn't the worst thing but it didn't seem right to us. Then not even a "sorry here is some free play coupons or free buffets either".
The slots just eat our money too. Usually we can hit a few jackpots to help us play longer but not this week. Only 2 blackjack tables at night with many people waiting, how does that make the casino $$?
Now we made a BIG mistake, eating at the buffet, the prime rib was like shoe leather and just about raw too. Many people had to ask them to cook it longer to just eat it. The soup was gone by 7 PM and they are open till 9 I believe, no more then 3 different deserts to pick from. Everyone was complaining and all we were told is sorry but no one really seemed to care.

So in conclusion the staff is great for the most part, room was very clean, casino people just average, not too friendly when we ask any questions, they acted like they really didn't want to be there.

Also, stay out to the pool, it has 3 times the clorine then needed, our eyes were burning when we used it.

Room Tip: Reserve it and have them email u the rate quoted.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank R F
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We booked the Lake of the Torches from Thursday night until Saturday. We were new to the casino and we signed up under the gaming packages- we got free play money for signing up as a club advantage member and free play money and food credit for the gaming package. The room was clean and liked that they had a non- smoking section. Some of the hotel desk clerks seemed like they did not want to be bothered and when they did they talked so fast that by the time you comphrended what they said they were done explaining everything. Breakfast buffet was good along with the food at Woody's Grill. Good to gamble in the morning because it was less smokey and the machines seemed to give more. View out of hotel window was of construction zone but only stayed in room for a bit.

Room Tip: - sign up for discounts, promos, and packages for the best deals - get to the buffets early so you...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Stayed at Lke of the Torches again and it was Great, Room was super clean, Everyoen one front the Hotel desk host to the casino people were frendly and helpful. Breakfest buffet was good and not badly priced, slot were a little tight but we had a great time, plan on going back this fall

Room Tip: Always ask for a lake view room
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

Smokey, dirty, tight machines, no player ediquite, etc....... just skip this place trust me. No good service anywhere in the place from waitresses to dealers and pit bosses.Save your money and your lungs!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank AO312
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I went up here from 4 hours away as a guest. I went on a moments notice. I had fun on Friday night. Saturday morning, a friend and I went out to the deck to smoke. He went to open the heavy wooden gate, and the whole thing crashed down on my foot! I limped into lobby, took off my shoe and the top off my foot was hugely swollen. Staff bought me an ice pack. Security offered to call an ambulance, I declined. Some mgr. named Tom said his feet looklike this all the time. Told me I should go lay down and elevate my foot with an ice pack as well. I didnt go to sit in a room! I spent the next 2 days with no shoelace in and limping badly to the show in afternoon. I hinted latet that evening to "Tom" the mgr. that to be compted would be nice
He said he could buy me a drink. Are you serious? By there own admittance, that gate should not have been there, the hinges were broken off. In my opinion, all the hoopla made by maint staff(who by the way made the door disapeer) security and this horribly rude mgr. they vould have served a better apology, as I didnt even get one! BAD experience. The smarta##ed comments made by mgr. totally ruined this mini vacation. My foot turned black and blue after I got home, still hurts.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank wizman1
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I've stayed here several times and would have rated it higher prior to my last trip. While the bedding and bathrooms are clean, there was a terrible smokey smell permeating through the room and entire hotel area. Im not sure if it's caring over from the casino, but they need to deal with it soon. Other then that, the hotel staff was friendly and efficient. I only had breakfast at buffet and it was good. For a real nice dinner go to Chef Rene's Back Bay restaurant. For pizza and burgers or Indian Fry Bread, go to the New Flame. If your a fisherman or just enjoy boating the property is located on Pokegama lake and part of the beautiful Flambeau chain of lakes. I was ice fishing that weekend and spending time in the pool and hot tub afterwards was worth the price of the room.

Room Tip: If you enjoy beautiful views, the rooms facing the lake are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
#3 of 7 in Minocqua
Black Bear Lodge
Black Bear Lodge
#1 of 4 in Saint Germain

Been to Lake of the Torches Resort Casino? Share your experiences!