“Dirty Whirlpool Tub & bad experience”

Ladysmith Motel and Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ladysmith
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here on April 2 & 3 2013 because it was close by the hospital where we needed to be for a relative. We usually stay at the AmericInn but we decided to try Fairbridge Inn Express (it changed ownership in the last year or so).

We had a large Whirlpool Suite which at first glance looked great! However as I was walking accross the floor the first night, I found something crunching under my socks - took a closer look and there were Cheeto crumbs and chocolate crumbs on the floor. My husband mentioned it to the hotel desk and the lady offerred to come up and carpet sweep for us. We declined, as I had picked most of it up already and it was late. We asked if they would be sure to vacuum the next day for us - which they did.

Upon entering the Bathroom, we noticed the vent on the ceiling had so much dirt in it - it looked alive! Pretty disgusting. Then the 2nd night when we got in a bit earlier and had a chance to use the Whirpool tub...it was gross! We ran it first and put the jets on to clean them out - which is something we typically do incase it hasn't been used in a while. We ran it for about 15 minutes & a bit of dirt came out, then it ran clean, so we thought it was good to go. We then ran it & filled it up this time. However, when we put the jets on a ton of dirt and unidentifiable things came out - 4 times as much as when we ran it to rinse it out. Now, a Whirlpool suite is extra money & we did not even get to use it.

My husband attempted to inform the desk clerk about the situation the mext morning - all he could get from the front desk, is "we will check it out", but at that point we were leaving.

Then, the icing on the cake: my husband walked over to the hospital the next morning to visit our relative as I was getting ready and the maintenance man tryed to enter the room! He did knock and announce himself (as he was beginning to open the door). I yelled out that I was still in the room and he apologzed and moved on. Perhaps they should check the rooms AFTER the guests check out of them.

If you are looking for a hotel in Ladysmith, I would highly recommend the AmericInn accross the street! Always clean, caring staff, never had a dirty Whirlpool Tub.

Room Tip: Stay at the AmericInn instead!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ourexperienceGE

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We had a family reunion in the area and reserved 8 rooms. Lost reservations, crappy breakfast, and rude staff. Never staying there again. Sad seeing their is not many choices in the area. Pool heavily chlorinated, soda machine not working, sauna not operational and being used as a storage room, lighting in rooms was poor.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sshope2009
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Rooms were kept clean, Cleaning woman Very helpful and friendly. Desk Clerk in the morning was Wonderful helped with anything we asked and so helpful. Thanks. we will most certainly stay again the next time we are in Ladysmith.

Room Tip: Wish I would have had swim suit along could have had the pool all to myself quite a few times. We w...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Val S
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Nice location, outside in poor condition- rooms could use a upgrade- very dated. In need of repairs- pictures off walls. Breakfast very weak- staff friendly.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor better
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RJLEE56
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Pool was not available, sauna was not functional, Sheets were stained, hot tub water was green, ice machine was broken....I should have slept in my car!

Room Tip: call Americinn across the street. 800-634-3444
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Eileen B
Reviewed 1 April 2011

After being disappointed with my stays at the AmericInn Lodge and Suites, I decided to give the AmericInn Motel and Suites in Ladysmith a try for my business travel. What a world of difference. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. I didn't even ask and they had upgraded my room to a whirlpool suite for my stay. The room was very clean and up-to-date with a fridge and microwave (I understand ALL the rooms have them, unlike the other AmericInn in Ladysmith). It was very quiet, even with other guests in the rooms close by. The pool they have is nice. The water was a decent temp and is big enough to do laps. The only knock I have is the AmericInn breakfast. It is high carb and sugary. There were few choices. I chose to eat breakfast at the Ladysmith Family Restaurant based on my previous experience there. Regardless, I will stay here again for my future business trips. It is hands down better than the other AmericInn in Ladysmith.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank WisconsinCruisin09
Jerry K, Owner at Ladysmith Motel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Thank you for your very kind words. We appreciated hearing from you. We have a wonderful staff and being able to share such positive feedback is always a boost to their morale. We look forward to having you join us again in the future. Jerry and Sue, Owners

Been to Ladysmith Motel and Suites? Share your experiences!