“Decent and Simple”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ladysmith
Waldo, Wisconsin
“Decent and Simple”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We did a priceline "Name your Own Price" and got this hotel. We figured we would because we didnt see any other Ladysmith hotels on priceline.

Pros - Good breakfast (Waffles, nice selection of cereals, muffins, yogurt, and great coffee), simple room, nice area to relax in outside of the room)

Cons - pool on the colder side, Sauna is now a storage room, room was dusty and could see crumbs etc. behind furniture

Based on what Ladysmith has to offer for hotels - I would stay here again - happy medium between price and value.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Todd D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed here for a family reunion. The sleeping rooms were decent and clean, but the front desk staff was horrible. We were there for the weekend and I did not see one smile from the staff the whole time we were there. The hotel was completely filled and they did not have enough food out for the breakfast. If you know every room is occupied, I would think you would adjust the amount of food you put out. Next time, we are going to try someplace else.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jkjay58
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I just walked in off the street and was able to get a room at a reasonable rate. My room was simple and clean, but did have a microwave and refrigerator. The reason I would highly recommend this establishment is because of the staff. I forgot my cell phone charger and asked the front desk if there happened to be one in the lost and found that I could borrow. There was not. Sarah, at the front desk, told me that I could borrow hers, even though she would already be off duty in the morning when I was to return it. I did return it and she went totally above and beyond. Kudos to Ashley and the Fairbridge for hiring her.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Cody P
Windsor, CO
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

My family & I went to Ladysmith to visit friends & family. We got a room at this hotel for one night. We had a friend come to the hotel to visit us with her children & were told by the front desk person that they do not allow guests. They said it was the policy if the health department!! That is the craziest thing I have ever heard!! We explained that we were there from out of town & wanted to visit with a friend. They would not budge & said again no guests allowed! We told them we were going to leave then & wanted our money back. They said "we have your card # & we will charge whatever we want on it". I am still in shock over this. The rudeness of the employees was unbelievable!!

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank RhodaYpma

Travellers are raving about these Ladysmith hotels

Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here on April 2 & 3 2013 because it was close by the hospital where we needed to be for a relative. We usually stay at the AmericInn but we decided to try Fairbridge Inn Express (it changed ownership in the last year or so).

We had a large Whirlpool Suite which at first glance looked great! However as I was walking accross the floor the first night, I found something crunching under my socks - took a closer look and there were Cheeto crumbs and chocolate crumbs on the floor. My husband mentioned it to the hotel desk and the lady offerred to come up and carpet sweep for us. We declined, as I had picked most of it up already and it was late. We asked if they would be sure to vacuum the next day for us - which they did.

Upon entering the Bathroom, we noticed the vent on the ceiling had so much dirt in it - it looked alive! Pretty disgusting. Then the 2nd night when we got in a bit earlier and had a chance to use the Whirpool tub...it was gross! We ran it first and put the jets on to clean them out - which is something we typically do incase it hasn't been used in a while. We ran it for about 15 minutes & a bit of dirt came out, then it ran clean, so we thought it was good to go. We then ran it & filled it up this time. However, when we put the jets on a ton of dirt and unidentifiable things came out - 4 times as much as when we ran it to rinse it out. Now, a Whirlpool suite is extra money & we did not even get to use it.

My husband attempted to inform the desk clerk about the situation the mext morning - all he could get from the front desk, is "we will check it out", but at that point we were leaving.

Then, the icing on the cake: my husband walked over to the hospital the next morning to visit our relative as I was getting ready and the maintenance man tryed to enter the room! He did knock and announce himself (as he was beginning to open the door). I yelled out that I was still in the room and he apologzed and moved on. Perhaps they should check the rooms AFTER the guests check out of them.

If you are looking for a hotel in Ladysmith, I would highly recommend the AmericInn accross the street! Always clean, caring staff, never had a dirty Whirlpool Tub.

Room Tip: Stay at the AmericInn instead!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank ourexperienceGE
Cudahy, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We had a family reunion in the area and reserved 8 rooms. Lost reservations, crappy breakfast, and rude staff. Never staying there again. Sad seeing their is not many choices in the area. Pool heavily chlorinated, soda machine not working, sauna not operational and being used as a storage room, lighting in rooms was poor.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sshope2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Rooms were kept clean, Cleaning woman Very helpful and friendly. Desk Clerk in the morning was Wonderful helped with anything we asked and so helpful. Thanks. we will most certainly stay again the next time we are in Ladysmith.

Room Tip: Wish I would have had swim suit along could have had the pool all to myself quite a few times. We w...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Val S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ladysmith
El Rancho Motel
El Rancho Motel
#4 of 4 in Ladysmith
Paradise Shores 4
Paradise Shores 4
#1 of 1 in Holcombe
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ladysmith

Been to Ladysmith Motel and Suites? Share your experiences!