“Reasonable Rate for a Reasonable Night”
Review of El Rancho Motel

El Rancho Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Ladysmith
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I spent one night recently and did so because of the rate, but otherwise sight unseen. The staff was courteous, especially pointing out the AAA would provide a discount. The room was clean, did not have any odors, had clean sheets, clean bathroom and carpeting. It was an easy-in and easy-out the next day. Convenient location along one of the major highways (27). I would recommend this Motel to anyone trying to keep vacation or visits economical and get a bit more for your money.

Room Tip: Closer to the WiFi for better computer use. Rooms face hi way 27, but the noise is from the trains w...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark B
RAW905, Owner at El Rancho Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Thank you for your review on EL RANCHO MOTEL
We have a great staff and manager; they go over and beyond for our guests stay.
This motel is located next to great restaurants. We have recently expended the Wi-Fi service thru out the entire motel
Trains do come by, so please try to book a room on the back side to eliminate the noise as much as possible. The trains’ traffic I have no control over. You will notice we have expanded the breakfast and are remodeling the rooms of the whole facility.
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I'm an older female traveling by myself. I was given a room around the back of the hotel facing an unlit parking lot. The outside light over my door was burnt out as well.
When I first pulled into the lot, I was on the phone with my husband and I saw the woman at the desk look out the window. I explained to her that I was finishing up a phone call and that's why I was sitting out there for a moment, and she made the remark about it being kind of a shady side of town, but then later when I asked for a refund, she said she had lived here for years and I was being dumb. I told her I'm not from around here, I don't know the area, and if I was traveling with my husband it would be different. She told me I needed to go back where I came from. She also said I had to write a letter stating why I wanted a refund. I did, and at the bottom I put that I was respectfully requesting a copy of the letter, and would sign my name after I received my copy. True to form, when I asked if I could have a copy, she ripped the letter out of my hand and said No! Then she wanted to know where I was going to go, and claimed the same person owned all the hotels and I'd have to drive out of town because she was going to call them and have me blacklisted. She was very hateful and rude, and I thought being an older female herself she would understand.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank 317,718

Thank you for your review on EL RANCHO MOTEL
W are sorry for the light missing at your door as the construction workers often unscrew the light bulbs to make it darker in their room, when you parked outside for a long time and did not come in the staff then got concerned as many do parked just to use our internet. We understand your concerns about safety and we are sorry the communications between you and the staff was not good. The staff was upset but we do not a black flag anyone in Ladysmith. These are not the conduct lines we use at all. as we do appreciate all guests coming on a regular basis at our motel. Our previous customers would disagree with your past statement about our staff as our records of great stay and comment tells it all.
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor

Reviewed 21 July 2014

we stayed at the elrancho for the weekend found it to be a very clean and quit place to stay . The desk staff was very willing to make our stay special.We found our room to have all the needed things like micro,fridge,cable tv and internet .We will be staying with this motel when in this area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy L

Thank you for your review on EL RANCHO MOTEL
The staff as lot of experience cleaning and greeting the guests, we have done many improvements and will continue to do more in the coming winter and spring in order to accommodate our customer’s needs, wishes and wants. Please enjoy the new 39 inches flat screen televisions in each rooms. Thank you for taking the time to write on Tip Advisor.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Kathy made the whole trip wonderful. She was very informative on things to do that was close by. Our room were extra clean, The room was wall stocked with items needed to make our stay refreshing. We would highly recommend to our friends and family to stay here. I just can't say enough about how we really enjoyed our time spent at the El Rancho Motel in Ladysmith, WI.
We will be back again for sure.

Room Tip: just book a room and try it out
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dorhane

Thank you for your review on EL RANCHO MOTEL
Our manager has taken care of the motel for over 7 years and she is well aware of activities in the area, she does a great job with training and cleaning the facility. Refreshing and stocking items for our guest is part of our guide lines at the motel.
Thank you for recommending the motel to others as we do wish to have your business again. Thank you for taking the time to write on Tip Advisor.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Kathy took care of all the difficult details with our Team billing, never a mistake even when there were changes for reservations. The rooms were clean, neat, comfortable. Anything we needed was taken care of immediately. A nice entry way, breakfast, care for our comfort and experience. We basically live in hotels year round, this is definitely one that is a small mom and pop place that makes you feel like you are at home. Thank you for the quality of the stay. Highly recommend for others. Will definitely go back, this time bringing the family! We were there from May thru end of June 2014.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 06Tripreview2014

Thank you for your review on EL RANCHO MOTEL
We are very happy we were able to accommodate your group at our Motel. We do try to make your long stay from home taken care off. We do have many long term corp. stays that continue to come back and recommend this hidden motel for their lodging needs. Our manager does care and welcomes all guests to her Motel.
Thank you for taking the time to write on Tip Advisor.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We had no complaints. Friendly proprietor. Room was clean and in good repair. Windows worked as did AC and fan. Clean refrigerator and spotless microwave. TV worked. Excellent connection and superb hi speed internet. It is not the Hilton... but c'mon this is Ladysmith in beautiful northern Wisconsin. If this is too downscale for you... go south - this part of the country is too incredible and tough for you.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank NimbusRising
Reviewed 22 July 2012

OMG! I have never been in such a gross motel! There was an over whelming smell of dog and some sort of food! ( I think) The odor was so bad that all of our clothing, things that had been in the room (for only 14 hours) had to be washed because the unknown odor attahed itself to EVERYTHING!! Gross! Gross! Gross!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank k t

Been to El Rancho Motel? Share your experiences!