“WOW!”

Field's at the Wilderness
Reserve with OpenTable
Field's at the Wilderness is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Price range: US$19 - US$52
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Celebrate the art of fine dining in Frank Lloyd Wright style. Field's at the Wilderness is truly the gem of the Midwest. The 36-foot ceilings, fireplaces, indoor water features and exposition kitchen should not be missed.
Eagle River, Wisconsin, United States
“WOW!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Excellent from start to finish. Spectacular service, delicious food, wonderful atmosphere - outstanding.

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
“Expensive but worth it!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We learned they offer a "Local" menu from the bartender. The local menu features a few entrees but is much more affordable. I believe this menu is only offered on Fridays. The bar drink was excellent. The prime rib was delicious. But the lobster bisque was outstanding! Also the service is wonderful and elegant. The restaurant had a piano player/singer. The music was nice but the singing not so much.

• Visited September 2013
Chandler, Arizona
“Good food but overpriced and confused atmosphere.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I'll pretty much agree with the other posters and wish I had listened to the reviews, but thought I'd take a chance anyways. Yes, the food is good. However, I ordered a very expensive fillet and all I got was a piece of steak in the middle of the plate and a baked potato on the side. No other sides or even garnishments. Not at all a good presentation. My filet was described as "peppered pan seared fillet" and it was peppercorn crusted and waaaaay too spicy. This might be my fault for not asking more questions but still--they should know that adding a peppercorn crust to this amazing fillet is killing it. You can't taste anything but pepper. My husband had the twin fillets and again--every other restaurant I've ever been too (and that's a lot) have offered the price when describing the specials. I had to ask and I hate that. His meal was much better than mine and I was really disappointed he had to share his with me. The atmosphere is nice but the problem is that they put a two person table next to a larger table which ultimately has a family, a party or some other louder or more casual party. They should seat couples together the same area and seat larger parties together. We were dressed up for our anniversary and the table next to us was a group of men in jeans and team hats for a bachelor's party. I do agree the pianist was very good entertainment and we enjoyed listening to her. The service was attentive but cold and the worst part was that we also felt rushed at the end. My husband used to work in restaurants and his biggest pet peeve is when the server comes back to ask for the payment after leaving the bill. He says they should always wait until they see it set out for pick up. He had it in front of him with his arm on it and they asked for it. Clearly he wasn't ready and we still had half a glass of wine in front of us. Then they stood across the room and eyeballed us until I told my husband I was uncomfortable and please pay them so we could leave. Overall, I've been to some amazing fine restaurants with Michelin stars and this one was more expensive and less memorable than anywhere I've spent this amount of money. Choose somewhere else in the area and save your money--the entertainment and decent food preparation here is not worth it.

• Visited September 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great food, Great Service. A little pricey”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

A great place to eat. The food was excellent, and the portions were nice. I really enjoyed the Salmon, and even the salad was tasty. I could not have asked for better service from the bartenders to the wait staff. Excellent all around. My only real issue is the cost was a little high.

Visited September 2013
Hartford, Wisconsin, United States
“Great Steaks”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Food was very good, we visited on a Saturday night and my only complaint would be that the bartenders were so busy we needed to wait to get a beverage. Wait staff was friendly and prompt. There was an amazing woman playing piano that really added to the experience.

Visited September 2013