“bab experience”

Carousel Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lake Delton
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My family just stayed here one night ,no cable Tv,no blow dryer,small bathroom.dirty sheet.everything old,no breakfast,we spent 80box for one night,and 35 box for three of us for breakfast,I would like stay nicer hotel and free breakfast instead this motel, almost seem price.I never want stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 899amy

Reviewed 9 August 2013

This property was extremly dated. I bet it was pretty nice when it was remodeled 20 years ago. It also doesnt have the traditional wi dells U shape with the pool in the middle. We were put in a back building (next to the one that looked like it had recently been on fire). Acceptably clean, but I expect more for the cost, especially in Wisconsin.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gthom1
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Booked several rooms for a 2 night stay. First night noticed blood on our sheets and called the desk to complain only there was no answer. Walked to the front office several buildings away to find that there was no one on duty and a number to call. Called the number and the night security let us into another room for the night. However, as we were all unpacked in the other room, and they were not able to give us a key we moved back to the original room in the morning because we couldn't get back in once we left. When we returned, the bedding had been changed and beds made, but the towels were on the floor and wet. There was actually a wet wash cloth in an area where no one had been with a towel or wash cloth, inside my closed suitcase that had clothes in it. When I went to complain, the first statement was how do we know this is true? The clerk then said you can't know for sure that it was blood on the sheets and not chocolate ( my one daughter put her way through school working in the hotel industry and is a nursing student. I worked for 18 years in a medical center and by the look of the spatter pattern and color etc on the sheets we were sure it was blood. Then she said well we didn't know which room you were going to stay in. Since we had no key, there was no choice, and they made the beds but didn't leave towels. She again stated that she didn't know where we were going to stay and then they were booked up, so again I wonder why they did not replace the towels. The room had a bad smell from the wet towels being on the floor and the air turned off. Dells travel guide states they have continental breakfast and they do not. I once lived in the Dells and was really embarrassed to say so after family and friends stayed there. I would NOT reccommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go with this hotel. Falls well below the standard
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2013

we stayed at this hotel for 3 nights tuesday night through friday morning after fathers day 2013. Mind you we have stayed before a few years back and had no problems however this year during my planning of vacation I called Wintergreen sister company to get reservations to Carousel and was told that it no longer was part of their property so I started to look around. We had decided to book at Wintergreen instead BUT when I called for reservations one of the people doing reservations at the time stated that they could book me in a NEWLY renovated room for only 99.00(wintergreen was 129 per night) the pools may not completely be open since they had jsut remodeled but we could use wintergreens pool to swim. I thought why not 30.00 cheaper a night newly renovated and use of a nicer pool. So we booked at Carousel. We checked in went to our room Defintely not renovated (different wing is BEING renovated) only 5 yes 5 channels worked on the tv having 2 small children they like cartoons in the morning. My room was pretty clean bed sheets clean I did find trix cereal behind the head boards. I spoke to Wintergreen manager since no manager on site and she explained that they were in the beginning stages of remodeling. Very poor to try and get booking by stating it was remodeled. I do not think I will stay here again. Next time I will put the extras and stay at the sister hotel if we would stay with this group again. On the up side the pools were semi clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank stephanie h
Reviewed 15 May 2013

My family and I stayed at the Carousel Inn while we were in Wisconsin Dells in the summer of 2012. The hotel was very clean and the pools were sparkling clear. My kids had a blast. We are choosing to stay at the Carousel Inn on our future visits to the Dells. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Not one single problem to report. The place is top notch in our book!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kayleigh C
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We had were coming up to the dells for the car show. ALL the hotel book fast! We had a good rate and a room for 2 nights at the carousel. I had a room at other hotel off the strip, but switched to the Carousel so we would be on the strip. 4 days before arriving they called to cancel, saying they were not opening. I asked if they knew of other hotels with openings. The lady gave me 1 name. I started calling other hotels and was having a hard time finding openings or fair pricing. Someone I know called the wintergreen and found out they were the sister company to carousel and was told that they were open, just over booked. I called back to get the right story. I was told that new owners took over and they ONLY got one building ready. The rest didn't have furniture or electricity. WHAT POOR PLANNING!!! They didn't know they wouldnt be ready 4 days before... And then to offer nothing for the hassle.. Even if they get up and running, I dont know I would stay there. We have in the past, but this is a poor start to the new owners.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I had a wonderful time at the Carousel Inn in Lake Delton. The outdoor pools were warm. The room was clean and convenient. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at the Carousell Inn again.

Room Tip: I have stayed at various rooms and different buildings and I found them to be very good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Been to Carousel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!